Auction cap for each IPL team to rasied to 7 million from $5 million

Guest DeveGowda

Guest DeveGowda

But now everyone knows who are the valuable players...! only thing is how many playesr can be retained by Current teams..i hope its more than 8 per team..

But now everyone knows who are the valuable players...! only thing is how many playesr can be retained by Current teams..i hope its more than 8 per team..
I hope it is not more than 5 players or the new franchisees would be at huge losses with crap teams .. they will anyways be at loss because the best players will be retained by the franchisees if it is 3-5 players but if they make it more than that then even the mediocre players will be retained and the new franchisees would have to select only crap players I would say 3-5 players would be fine to be fair to both the new as well as the old franchisees

Guest Hiten.
7 million translates into $70million or ~350cr rs which will be spent on player salaries every year in IPL ...wow ...but I can see that going up considerably in the coming years
Compare that to Real Madrid's spending (~240 million pounds) in the last summer's transfer window :hehe:

Compare that to Real Madrid's spending (~240 million pounds) in the last summer's transfer window :hehe:
but Real Madrid dont have a cap on their spending :--D if they get rid of the cap ,its not difficult to imagine teams spending $15-20m + next season . They had a clause of team owners valued $1b atleast to bid for the new teams , which was taken off ..but I think the idea is to eventually take off the limit , which currently is not possible as teams like MI and RCB have billionaires backing them which will result in thses teams buying out all the big players cos of their higher spending power ..It will happen at some point though !