Yuvraj wanted to leave Kings XI before IPL 3

bobbydhillon

On a serious note, BCCI has punished Jadeja for trying for a deal with MI, why the hell MI is not punished? How can they talk to a player who is having a deal with another franchise. ? Is it not amount to poaching? BCCI is toothless to punish rich Ambanis they find a poor victim in Jadeja :( Why yuvi is also not punished when BCCI knew that he is trying to jump the ship?

On a serious note, BCCI has punished Jadeja for trying for a deal with MI, why the hell MI is not punished? How can they talk to a player who is having a deal with another franchise. ? Is it not amount to poaching? BCCI is toothless to punish rich Ambanis they find a poor victim in Jadeja :( Why yuvi is also not punished when BCCI knew that he is trying to jump the ship?
I think Jadeja was in direct violation of his contract with his team and was directly responsible for his actions. If you are in an agreement with your company not to even talk to other companies about alternative employment, the burden is on you and not on other companies. If someone attempts to talk to you, it is your responsibility to decline and keep the authorities in your company informed. If you dont do that, you are the one in breach of agreement upon prosecution, punishable by law. However the company that spoke to you breaks no law. The same must be applicable here in IPL unless there is a clause in the contract with the team owners prohibiting them from talking to players. Following what happened in this case, we can be sure that there is no such clause.

I think Jadeja was in direct violation of his contract with his team and was directly responsible for his actions. If you are in an agreement with your company not to even talk to other companies about alternative employment, the burden is on you and not on other companies. If someone attempts to talk to you, it is your responsibility to decline and keep the authorities in your company informed. If you dont do that, you are the one in breach of agreement upon prosecution, punishable by law. However the company that spoke to you breaks no law. The same must be applicable here in IPL unless there is a clause in the contract with the team owners prohibiting them from talking to players. Following what happened in this case, we can be sure that there is no such clause.
Fine, if a team offers one player , it can be excused, but if a team like MI offers every player available to play for them without respect if they belong to other team, it should be punishable. But as it is MI, nothing will happen to them

Fine, if a team offers one player , it can be excused, but if a team like MI offers every player available to play for them without respect if they belong to other team, it should be punishable. But as it is MI, nothing will happen to them
1. Where did you hear that MI makes an offer to every player? Or did you just assume it? 2. If MI or any other team made offers to other players, why and how can it be punishable if there is no law against it? 3. Where did you hear that MI has immunity from IPL authorities? Or did you just assume this as well? Last I heard, Tendulkar (the most powerful man in MI next to the owners) was punished heavily for slow over rates.

1. Where did you hear that MI makes an offer to every team? Or did you just assume it? 2. If MI or any other team made offers to other players, why and how can it be punishable if there is no law against it? 3. Where did you hear that MI has immunity from IPL authorities? Or did you just assume this as well? Last I heard, Tendulkar (the most powerful man in MI next to the owners) was punished heavily for slow over rates.
If there is law by BCCI that punishes only payers not franchise, it is laughable at best. If a franchise knows that a player can be punished for jumping the team, why did they offer Jadeja in the first place? As a franchise if they can complain to BCCI, if their own player tries to negotiate a deal with other franchises, why are they not guilty when they try to poach Jadeja?

In English Premier League, teams do get punished for poaching players outside transfer window. So if MI is involved in poaching, it should be warned first and if it continues to do so, action should be taken against it as the rules (if there are any in this regard, in IPL).

If there is law by BCCI that punishes only payers not franchise' date=' it is laughable at best. If a franchise knows that a player can be punished for jumping the team, why did they offer Jadeja in the first place? As a franchise if they can complain to BCCI, if their own player tries to negotiate a deal with other franchises, why are they not guilty when they try to poach Jadeja?[/quote'] So now you have switched from MI bashing to BCCI bashing? It's not laughable. I gave you an example in a previous post. But it seems you are just bent on accusing BCCI/IPL management. Let me point out again that the player is under confidentiality contracts and not the other teams. There is nothing major between IPL and the teams that needs to be kept confidential. They dont have to sign exclusive confidentiality contracts. But there is plenty between a team and it's players to keep confidential. I cant see how and why IPL management would want to tell teams to respect a players contract. No one can be told to respect a contract signed between others. You just dont make any sense when you say that a third party must be punished because a one party breached an agreement with another party. Absurd.

So now you have switched from MI bashing to BCCI bashing? It's not laughable. I gave you an example in a previous post. But it seems you are just bent on accusing BCCI/IPL management. Let me point out again that the player is under confidentiality contracts and not the other teams. There is nothing major between IPL and the teams that needs to be kept confidential. They dont have to sign exclusive confidentiality contracts. But there is plenty between a team and it's players to keep confidential. I cant see how and why IPL management would want to tell teams to respect a players contract. No one can be told to respect a contract signed between others. You just dont make any sense when you say that a third party must be punished because a one party breached an agreement with another party. Absurd.
I don't think we know the exact rules here, which I am sure are in favor of the teams and against the individuals given the BCCI/IPL's dadagiri in general, but in pro leagues, it is the teams that get fined for approaching/talking about other contracted players, not the individual themselves. As always here with the IPL and the BCCI most things are done backwards where a poor player gets punished just for trying to get a better deal for himself that too when his own team wasn't even done with renewing his contract. I don't know how you can defend MI/RR/BCCI and not Jadeja.

I don't think we know the exact rules here' date=' which I am sure are in favor of the teams and against the individuals given the BCCI/IPL's dadagiri in general, but in pro leagues, it is the teams that get fined for approaching/talking about other contracted players, not the individual themselves. As always here with the IPL and the BCCI most things are done backwards where a poor player gets punished just for trying to get a better deal for himself that too when his own team wasn't even done with renewing his contract. I don't know how you can defend MI/RR/BCCI and not Jadeja.[/quote'] I was defending MI. I was not blaming Jadeja. It is a fact that he was in violation of his agreement. Technically, he is punishable, but MI is not. The terms may or may not be fair, but to put the blame on MI is not fair either.