Rajasthan is an ordinary side: Gambhir

Rajasthan is an ordinary side: Gambhir  

1. 1.

• Yes: He should be respectful towards his opponents
    • No: He speaks his mind, what's wrong with that
    • Don't care: Who am I to judge?

Royals has to be the biggest mystery of IPL. 1st season results were understandable, if a little strange. 2nd season result was on Par. Again this year, this team with(in my opinion) with the worst international players and worst Indian player of any team in IPL, has managed to win so many. RR picks guys who are not even known that much in domestic team and makes them good for a very short period. Even the international players perform exceedingly well, more than they have done for their national team. Its just illogical.

Royals has to be the biggest mystery of IPL. 1st season results were understandable, if a little strange. 2nd season result was on Par. Again this year, this team with(in my opinion) with the worst international players and worst Indian player of any team in IPL, has managed to win so many. RR picks guys who are not even known that much in domestic team and makes them good for a very short period. Even the international players perform exceedingly well, more than they have done for their national team. Its just illogical.
thats the point. Cricket is never won on paper. Moreover,just because you do not seem to know some players, they are the worst international players and Indian players. This is what also what was Gambhir mistake which was very stupid of himself. This probables prove why I think we India never perform when something is expected of us as we think of ourselves highly and others otherwise. I definitely do not agree with international players being poor for RR and regarding Indian players, they really are the ones which make RR click and perform and thus are making a good names for themselves.Unlike some more high profile Indian players, who get chances and fame based on their one marvelous innings, RR indian players play decent and consistent cricket quietly.

thats the point. Cricket is never won on paper. Moreover,just because you do not seem to know some players, they are the worst international players and Indian players. This is what also what was Gambhir mistake which was very stupid of himself. This probables prove why I think we India never perform when something is expected of us as we think of ourselves highly and others otherwise. I definitely do not agree with international players being poor for RR and regarding Indian players, they really are the ones which make RR click and perform and thus are making a good names for themselves.Unlike some more high profile Indian players, who get chances and fame based on their one marvelous innings, RR indian players play decent and consistent cricket quietly.
What i mean when to say by "RR has the worst players (on paper)" is that we, as does every sport, have an hierarchy.The international players at the top, the fringe players, then the A team and so on. RR picks guys from outside the top 3 or 4 layers of this hierarchy and they perform when it matters. Not saying its bad. Just that its remarkable and goes against every logical steps that other franchise takes. RR is like the eternal underdogs even when they win.

Your post is more offensive than Gambhir's comments. Just don't say anything at all.

Terms like ordinary, extra-ordinary dont exist in IPL Gautam. 10 days ago, CSK were languishing in the 2nd last spot in the table. After that, they beat the top 2 teams in the table. Any team* can beat any other team. * - Except for Kings XI Blojaaab.

I suppose Gambhir was thinking of individuals when he said that. Also I believe Gambhir's comment is very true when it comes to Rajasthan Royals chasing. That is when they are not on the field. They cannot draw reserves of energy from themselves and from their inspirational captain the way they do when they are fielding. They are alone and they have to face the bowling. That is when it comes to light that they are ordinary. I guess the statement could be qualified and said that they are an ordinary batting side. But on the field they are tigers. One could in fact go ahead and say that they are the New Zealand of the IPL. In more ways than one.

I suppose Gambhir was thinking of individuals when he said that. Also I believe Gambhir's comment is very true when it comes to Rajasthan Royals chasing. That is when they are not on the field. They cannot draw reserves of energy from themselves and from their inspirational captain the way they do when they are fielding. They are alone and they have to face the bowling. That is when it comes to light that they are ordinary. I guess the statement could be qualified and said that they are an ordinary batting side. But on the field they are tigers. One could in fact go ahead and say that they are the New Zealand of the IPL. In more ways than one.
Delhi are pretty ordinary when chasing, their highest chase is just 179 whereas RR have chased and won scores above 200. This was also seen yesterday match for DD and chokers come to mind. Even in IPL 3, they have not yet performed well as a team unit unlike RR and DD have rather relied on individuals to bail them out of their problems. Regarding RR, their ordinary batting side is not true as well. If yesterday match was how their batting line up will be line up for remaining matches . It has to be one of best batting line ups in terms of both quality and depth. It is a lack of respect from GG and as I mentioned b4, if someone said this about India, we all would be fuming. Just because it is about an Indian player under the scanner, there are many people defending him.

Guest DeveGowda
Delhi are pretty ordinary when chasing, their highest chase is just 179 whereas RR have chased and won scores above 200. This was also seen yesterday match for DD and chokers come to mind. Even in IPL 3, they have not yet performed well as a team unit unlike RR and DD have rather relied on individuals to bail them out of their problems. Regarding RR, their ordinary batting side is not true as well. If yesterday match was how their batting line up will be line up for remaining matches . It has to be one of best batting line ups in terms of both quality and depth. It is a lack of respect from GG and as I mentioned b4, if someone said this about India, we all would be fuming. Just because it is about an Indian player under the scanner, there are many people defending him.
U are absolutely right.. GG should have kept quiet..i am all for Honest opinions..but problem arises when people give this kind of statements even before Tourney over.. Also one more thing he told this after amtch over ..he should have told this before match (@leat Sehwag called bangla ordinary before match)

someone - even the best team can have a bad day in cricket. Especially when it comes to T20 cricket. There is no chance in the world that you can compare the batting lineups of a team like Rajasthan Royals with that of the Delhi Daredevils. On pedigree or more importantly on performance. Take off Yousuf Pathan and that batting unit is virtually rudderless. Shane Watson adds some sting there. Naman Ojha has been brilliant but that is not a patch on the Delhi side/personnel. Individually or collectively - most teams in the IPL have a better batting lineup than Rajasthan Royals.

U are absolutely right.. GG should have kept quiet..i am all for Honest opeinions..but problem arises when people give this kind of statements even before Tourney over.. Also one more thing he told this after amtch over ..he should have told this before match (@leat Sehwag called bangla ordinary before match)
Even i had this in mind..now that you mention it..i think he couldn't take risk like that..what if they lost that game..it would have been an epic pwnage :cantstop: similar to the one 'ordinary' KKR delivered to DD. :giggle:

Guest DeveGowda
someone - even the best team can have a bad day in cricket. Especially when it comes to T20 cricket. There is no chance in the world that you can compare the batting lineups of a team like Rajasthan Royals with that of the Delhi Daredevils. On pedigree or more importantly on performance. Take off Yousuf Pathan and that batting unit is virtually rudderless. Shane Watson adds some sting there. Naman Ojha has been brilliant but that is not a patch on the Delhi side/personnel. Individually or collectively - most teams in the IPL have a better batting lineup than Rajasthan Royals.
YP played well only in few matches....He is a big threat but i think unlike last 2 IPl they are not completely depending on them... Most of the victories this year for RR came without big contributions from him

You are contradicting yourself, first you say everyone can have bad day and then you go on to compare the batting lineups again based on paper. You will be have to honest and admit it DD have won most matches on individual brilliance rather as a team unlike RR. I am not trying to rank RR batting but I am just saying RR batting is not as bad as generally thought and DD batting is not as good as generally thought. And same thing about Pathan like Sehwag could be said about every team as has a main player. And if you go by stats and MOMs, it should be ojha instead of pathan.

I think biggest reason behind rr success is that they take ipl seriously.they do their best in every match.teams like rcb and dd might be better on paper but they dont take ipl seriouslt.
Stupid answer, it is just like saying I lost the match because I wanted you to win. It is taking away the credit from RR. All teams play seriously and if some teams do not, then it is the captain's and coaches fault in failing to motivate the players.So do not make this as the excuse why a team lost

You are contradicting yourself, first you say everyone can have bad day and then you go on to compare the batting lineups again based on paper. You will be have to honest and admit it DD have won most matches on individual brilliance rather as a team unlike RR. I am not trying to rank RR batting but I am just saying RR batting is not as bad as generally thought and DD batting is not as good as generally thought. And same thing about Pathan like Sehwag could be said about every team as has a main player. And if you go by stats and MOMs, it should be ojha instead of pathan.
Nope. Point out the contradiction, someone. Anyone having a bad day does NOT contradict with comparing the mights of the respective batting lineups. Rajasthan Royals' batting is arguably (although inarguably in my mind) the weakest among all the IPL teams. And in a scenario where Yousuf Pathan fails they really touch nadir. If I remember right, Gambhir's comment also came when Shane Watson was not playing. All the more truer I guess. End of the day this is subjective. More than Gambhir getting punished for that offhand comment, I have a bigger problem with Modi reporting it as an offense. That to me is something that needs looking into. Why does Modi have match referees and umpires if he has to do the reporting?

Nope. Point out the contradiction, someone. Anyone having a bad day does NOT contradict with comparing the mights of the respective batting lineups. Rajasthan Royals' batting is arguably (although inarguably in my mind) the weakest among all the IPL teams. And in a scenario where Yousuf Pathan fails they really touch nadir. If I remember right, Gambhir's comment also came when Shane Watson was not playing. All the more truer I guess. End of the day this is subjective. More than Gambhir getting punished for that offhand comment, I have a bigger problem with Modi reporting it as an offense. That to me is something that needs looking into. Why does Modi have match referees and umpires if he has to do the reporting?
I cannot argue on your opinion. But I feel, it is based on paper and names however the real stats and performances have proven, it is different in which RR batting is really not bad.Also the performances if reviewed, have again shown RR is not reliant on YP. Again, please check the stats and performances if thought otherwise rather than just media hype. Again, I am not trying to rank RR batting but I am just saying RR batting is not as bad as generally thought and DD batting is not as good as generally thought. Overall, my poiint is that I just fail to understand why people do not understand and give respect to RR for their achievements but still remain arrogant and overconfident against RR