Bargain buys?

msb1991

Who would be your bargain buys for IPL 4 considering that around 75% of current players will go on sale? Which player do you think could be a real star in the IPL but has not performed sufficiently in the IPL or in international cricket to have an extremely high price or who you could get as a steal similar to Watson in IPL 1 or even a domestic Indian player who you could snap up for next to nothing and who could be a star like Murali Vijay? For me, it'd have to be: - Graham Napier - Charl Langaveldt - Cameron White (though his price might skyrocket in the future) - Ganapathi Vignesh (prolific in ICL) - Tejinder Pal Singh (top fielder, bats and bowls too) - Ali Murtaza (give him a season of action, rather than a few games as currently)

Anyone that :rr: buys. Actually, they only buy bargain buys :(( As for the subject, 1. Ambati Rayudu 2. Saurabh Tiwary 3. Stuart Binny (Its a shock he's not playing) 4. Abhishek Jhunjhunwalla 5. Naman Ojha (there are chances his worth may go high) 6. Joe Denly 7. Lou Vincent 8. Rusty Theron 9. Graeme Swann 10.Steven Smith

Oh yeah, forgot about Swann. You'd just think he'd attract something in the region of $650k, looking at his performace at international level, but his name was met with silence at this year's auction. Saurabh and Rayadu have probably got pretty high values, but they'd be worth a very mild foray such as $300k, I reckon. The value of reliable Indian players cannot be underestimated. Steve Smith is not one who I'd rate particularly highly. He has a good record, so far, in T20 cricket, but does not look international quality to me. Vincent is an interesting one; as is Joe Denly, he hasn't performed too well in T20 in England, but when he gets going, he is a top class batsman, could be a good risk buy for a team without an opener.

I guess Swann didn't earn the bids coz he's a bit of a test bowler. Saurabh & Rayudu's price might appreciate but they won't go for too much I feel. Max $300,000. Steven Smith, say the Aussies, is like the best thing in Australia after Shane Warne, and have been ranting overtime on their news websites playing him up. His stats seem a bit impressive but well, its the T20 Big Bash, can't really expect the same quality of cricket we get in the IPL. :hehe: Vincent is a good slogger and he plays with a 3/4 Mongoose, which magnifies his performance a bit. He's a good part-time keeper too. Denly is a good player according to cricinfo and can play a mature knock. I see him at RR next year.

Morgan Ganapathy Binny White Ashwin Botha
Morgan, I'd have thought, would have been one of the top surprises in the IPL, had recently been performing outstandingly for England. I'd think his form this year is an abhorration and that he'll be back to form next year, so yeah, a good one to have as a bargain buy. Ashwin is a good one too, as is Botha - who perhaps could captain one of the teams. Not too sure about Ganapathy, looked a tad slow in his single outing for CSK, though he does have some impressive domestic stats.