IPL 100 times bigger than ashes.

don_corleone840

Those purist who say that ashes is pinnacle of cricket should shut their mouth and look at figures.viewership of ashes 2007 was 1.1 million and viewership of ipl 2009 was 121 million .Almost 100 times more than ashes.Ashes is just an overhyped tournament and i dont give damn to performances of players in ashes.Ind-pak test matches,india-sa test series,sa-australia test series and ind-aus test series are currently the pinnacle series of test cricket

Ashes is the pinnacle of test cricket. Your telling me the IND Aus series of last year was the pinnacle of test cricket? Why were the stadiums empty? Why was nobody there to see Sachin break the record. England and Australia are the only countries that care about tests so the ashes is the pinnacle.

If viewership, number of downloads, number of times watched/heard were the only metrics to be used, then the 'Saans-Bahu' serials would be the pinnacle of TV viewership. B grade movies would be the sensations of the movie world. Masterpieces, even. And Sydney Sheldon should be awarded the Booker prize over and over again. There is a difference between populist choice and considered ones. Having said that there is room for both in any society.

Those purist who say that ashes is pinnacle of cricket should shut their mouth and look at figures.viewership of ashes 2007 was 1.1 million and viewership of ipl 2009 was 121 million .Almost 100 times more than ashes.Ashes is just an overhyped tournament and i dont give damn to performances of players in ashes.Ind-pak test matches' date=india-sa test series,sa-australia test series and ind-aus test series are currently the pinnacle series of test cricket
You are absolutely right. And Yousuf Pathan has more fans than Ricky Ponting. YP is better than any current batsman in Australia. QED Kidding but the logic is the same :winky:

english cricket fans live in false dream that winning ashes is bigger than worldcup or any test series.now even after winning ashes, england is ranked no5 in test.If england want to be no1 team, they will have to beat much better them than australia like india,sa and even srilanka.

Mate, India has about 1 billion people, that makes viewership of an INDIAN Premier League a bit more likely to have more viewers than 2 countries involved in the ashes with a combined total of just under 100 million. Also, the IPL has been around for what- 2 years so how can it be bigger than the ashes which has been around a long time. What a joke thread. And Aus are the best one day side at least, 3 world cups in a row and counting.. In tests it's India right now.

Ashes is the pinnacle of test cricket. Your telling me the IND Aus series of last year was the pinnacle of test cricket? Why were the stadiums empty? Why was nobody there to see Sachin break the record. England and Australia are the only countries that care about tests so the ashes is the pinnacle. See there are only 1 man and his dog attending final of Sheffield Shield.:hysterical:

Ashes is the pinnacle of test cricket. Your telling me the IND Aus series of last year was the pinnacle of test cricket? Why were the stadiums empty? Why was nobody there to see Sachin break the record. England and Australia are the only countries that care about tests so the ashes is the pinnacle. See there are only 1 man and his dog attending final of Sheffield Shield.:hysterical:
I didnt realise the sheffield shield was test cricket mate.

Also, the IPL has been around for what- 2 years so how can it be bigger than the ashes which has been around a long time. What a joke thread. yes , in just two years ipl gained 100 times more popularity than ashes.
I see you chose to ignore the rest of my post. Face the facts mate- India have a population of around 1 billion people. Of course, the IPL which is an INDIAN franchise is going to have more viewers.

This is why some people say "T20 will kill test cricket". :hehe: Atleast do a fair comparison. Compare it with another T20 tournament lilke T20 WC. :hmmm:
Fair comparison of IPL would be another domestic 20/20 tournament like Big Bash or RBS not international 20/20 World Cup.