IPL 100 times bigger than ashes.

don_corleone840

Cricket must be the only sport where there are like several formats: - 5 day tests - 4 day FC games - 3 day FC/practice games - ODIs - T20 - HK 6-a-side May be time to call them different sport so that these comparisons can stop.

These days' date=' you can hardly tell the difference b/w ICF and our padosi forum. The quality of some of the threads being opened is unspeakably bad.[/quote'] at least you guys haven't had an 8 page thread seriously considering YK pathan as a cricketing legend yet. EDIT: Yuvraj singh is probably a more apt parallel.

at least you guys haven't had an 8 page thread seriously considering YK pathan as a cricketing legend yet. EDIT: Yuvraj singh is probably a more apt parallel.
Oh, he's probably only another 30 ball 80 away from being immortalized in the annals of cricketing history. :winky:

IPL is bigger in terms of revenue and popularity and viewership but in terms of quality Ashes is tests and hence of better quality. But frankly speaking both are highly overhyped .. there are many test series better than the Ashes too with much better quality cricket .. even India-Australia or South Africa-Australia or India-South Africa test matches are better than Ashes with a lot better competition but it is overhyped a lot

Guest DeveGowda

I wonder why a thread with same name Opened in BBC 606 ..now opened here again ? i think this is the 3rd or 4th similer thraeds opened in both sites...funny..... People open these kind of threads not for any useful purpose..just to create tensions between diffret people and enjoy :banghead:

Bigger - but not necessarily better. Go back and watch the highlights of the 2005 Ashes - that is the kind of drama only test cricket can create.
I wont disagree with you that Ashes are quality cricket being tests but still I believe you would also agree that Ashes is one of the most overhyped test series .. there are far better test series than Ashes .. it just works on the hype .. it is similar to saying India-Pakistan tests would be the best test series in the world .. it might have been in the past but at present, even India's B-team would defeat Pakistan and thats a fact .. so the quality of cricket would not be that great .. similarly Ashes is also not consistently the best quality of cricket .. there were times when Australia were far superior than England and vice versa .. it is good but I wont agree it to be the best right now .. even a Australia-SA series or Australia-India series is better than the Ashes in terms of cricket quality right now

I think The Ashes is just as hyped if not more hyped than the IPL. I would pick Border-Gavaskar over the Ashes any day. The level of competition is intense and its not like Australia is going to walk over the opposition, like they do with England during the Aussie legs. Border-Gavaskar's are fun, be it in Australia or India. B-G>IPL>any other series.