Wait a min..... Goddy got Spanky? Ran away to the pavilion...

flamy

I wonder if exhaustion can be considered as 'hurt'. If my understanding of the retired hurt rule is correct a player loses his wicket if he decides to retire due to exhaustion. The downside to allowing players to retire 'hurt' due to exhaustion and return later in the inning is that teams would start 'using' this option strategically. If someone is aware of or has access to the MCC rule on retiring hurt please verify if the above is correct.

Retired hurt If a batsman is injured or falls ill while batting, he may retire and resume his innings at the dismissal or retirement of another batsman. If he cannot return by the end of the innings, the batting side must close its innings after all other batsmen are dismissed (except the not out batsman). This is often likely if the batmen requires medical attention away from the ground (which they often do[citation needed]). It is therefore possible for the side batting last in a match to lose despite only losing nine (or potentially fewer) wickets. For the purposes of calculating a batting average, being retired hurt is considered not out. Retired out In cricket, a batsman retires out if he retires without the umpire's permission, and does not have the permission of the opposing captain to resume his innings. This occasionally happens in friendly or practice matches, for instance English county sides against University Centres of Cricketing Excellence. Although it is not considered to be a dismissal in the context of a cricket match, it is considered a dismissal for the purposes of calculating a batting average. Only two batsmen have retired out in Test match cricket. Both instances occurred in the same match, where the Sri Lankan batsmen Marvan Atapattu and Mahela Jayawardene both retired out. Each of these two batsmen had already scored more runs than the entire Bangladeshi team in the previous innings, and it is arguable that they deliberately gave batting time to newer teammates.:hysterical::hysterical: Couldn't let that pass

Retired hurt If a batsman is injured or falls ill while batting, he may retire and resume his innings at the dismissal or retirement of another batsman. If he cannot return by the end of the innings, the batting side must close its innings after all other batsmen are dismissed (except the not out batsman). This is often likely if the batmen requires medical attention away from the ground (which they often do[citation needed]). It is therefore possible for the side batting last in a match to lose despite only losing nine (or potentially fewer) wickets. For the purposes of calculating a batting average, being retired hurt is considered not out. Retired out In cricket, a batsman retires out if he retires without the umpire's permission, and does not have the permission of the opposing captain to resume his innings. This occasionally happens in friendly or practice matches, for instance English county sides against University Centres of Cricketing Excellence. Although it is not considered to be a dismissal in the context of a cricket match, it is considered a dismissal for the purposes of calculating a batting average. Only two batsmen have retired out in Test match cricket. Both instances occurred in the same match, where the Sri Lankan batsmen Marvan Atapattu and Mahela Jayawardene both retired out. Each of these two batsmen had already scored more runs than the entire Bangladeshi team in the previous innings, and it is arguable that they deliberately gave batting time to newer teammates.:hysterical::hysterical: Couldn't let that pass
Thanks. I did find the exact wording of the rule from the MCC website. Here it is.
Batsman leaving the field or retiring A batsman may retire at any time during his innings. The umpires, before allowing play to proceed, shall be informed of the reason for a batsman retiring. (a) If a batsman retires because of illness, injury or any other unavoidable cause, he is entitled to resume his innings subject to © below. If for any reason he does not do so, his innings is to be recorded as -Retired 'not out'. (b) If a batsman retires for any reason other than as in (a) above, he may only resume his innings with the consent of the opposing captain. If for any reason he does not resume his innings it is to be recorded as -Retired 'out'. © If after retiring a batsman resumes his innings, it shall be only at the fall of a wicket or the retirement of another batsman.
I guess it is for the umpire to decide if the reason for leaving is valid. I just feel becoming tired during the course of play is not a good enough reason for the batsman to be allowed to retire hurt.

sunnymalik is not one to talk...
sunnymalikji_2k :hmmm: Sunny Malik 2000 :hmmm: People called 2000 2k starting with the Y2k problem they faced in 1999. So.. this must be a reference to 1999 Sunny Malik 1999 Shoaib is supposed to be a very sunny guy. Shoaib Malik 1999! 1999 is when Shoaib Malik debuted. :omg: You are the dumbass who's trying to marry more than one person. (P.S: DaColbert Code :hail:)

sunnymalikji_2k :hmmm: Sunny Malik 2000 :hmmm: People called 2000 2k starting with the Y2k problem they faced in 1999. So.. this must be a reference to 1999 Sunny Malik 1999 Shoaib is supposed to be a very sunny guy. Shoaib Malik 1999! 1999 is when Shoaib Malik debuted. :omg: You are the dumbass who's trying to marry more than one person. (P.S: DaColbert Code :hail:)
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Guest DeveGowda

Bambi's are came down to earth....:hysterical: I dont like CSK ..but also dont want bambi's flying all over our head....God waht a collapse.. First God collapsed then His followers went back to attend him...:two_thumbs_up: ***Why if some one called bambi's Weak he will become terrorist supporter ? :girly1: I wil call bambi's weakest....................:--D

Lol ...look at the dumbhais getting all touchy and imagining shyte....:rotfl: Welcome the the 90s...sachin gaya to team gayi...:finger:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Saale ek game kya jeet gaye against the Barnies' date=' bahut phudak riya hain tu :finger:[/quote'] Aaj, khush toh bahut hoge tum, haaaaay? :yay: :aha: :yay:
i cant believe i am agreeing with you but its true' date='afghanistan vs india is the biggest joke and it doesnt fill me with excitement.[/quote'] Its a ploy of the ICC to avoid an Indian exodus in Round 1 itself coz we saw what happened in West Indies in 2007.... empty stadiums :hatsoff:

What IPL are you watching you fooool ? :hehe: We are no.2 and have lost just one match more than your one man army :phehehe:
Please. I don't even like :mi:, Daaaku. But I'll support them over Chennai or the of-late arrogant Delhi :two_thumbs_up:.
So are you saying 1 Marathi > 11 Delhi waallahs ? Daaku kahi ke :aetsch:
:aetsch: Daaku :aetsch:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Bambi's are came down to earth....:hysterical: I dont like CSK ..but also dont want bambi's flying all over our head....God waht a collapse.. First God collapsed then His followers went back to attend him...:two_thumbs_up: ***Why if some one called bambi's Weak he will become terrorist supporter ? :girly1: I wil call bambi's weakest....................:--D
Yeah. What a shame :hehe: