Murali Vijay

sandeep

Yeah...you tell them..we should persist with proven failures like nohit sharma and jadeja. We should never pick anyone who has a good domestic record and earned their place in the side so that they can be tested in international level. Just give another 30 ODI's to nohit sharma.
You mention we should pick players based on good domestic record and at the same time talk about failures like sharma and jadeja. Sharma has been the best IPL Indian player alongside Raina and that itself is a very good performance and on the basics of RU/MV getting selected based on IPL so RS deserves it more as he has done well consistently for 3 years. And Jadeja is probably India best spinner even ahead on bhajji at least in runs stopping. If his last matches were an indicator of his future, we definately have a star

You mention we should pick players based on good domestic record and at the same time talk about failures like sharma and jadeja. Sharma has been the best IPL Indian player alongside Raina and that itself is a very good performance and on the basics of RU/MV getting selected based on IPL so RS deserves it more as he has done well consistently for 3 years. And Jadeja is probably India best spinner even ahead on bhajji at least in runs stopping. If his last matches were an indicator of his future, we definately have a star
1st they should get selected for good domestic performance and then they should also be dropped for bad international performance. Last year, R sharma was good. He got back into Indian ODI side and continued to suck. Jadeja has been a good bowler but not an all-rounder. He should be fighting for a spot as a bowler. I am not talking about T20 WC as the squad was selected before Murali vijay hit form. I am talking about the likes of Nohit and KKD getting lot of chances to suck when others have earned the call. Did you know that Murali Vijay was in the squad for the WI tour when Dhoni opened with KKD ?

I'm not saying he is worthless' date=' but Kohli has been superb in ODIs.[/quote'] I would still give chance to Vijay and let him prove .. he has proved himself quite well in the few test opportunities he got and now he is proving in T20s .. I dont understand why he would not be great in ODIs too .. even in tests I hardly see him playing too much tuk tuk cricket but he has got a good SR against even oppositions like Australia For attitude alone, I would go with Vijay instead of Kohli .. Kohli's attitude wont get him long in the international arena .. the same reason why I would like somebody else instead of Sree .. attitude problem .. and he looks like a selfish player and I would not trust him as a team player .... I dont want to see the 90s team again where everybody played for their individual records instead of the team

After some IPL lappebazi Murali Vijay has become the new savior of Indian cricket. :laugh:
condescending snide remarks aside; the point of the thread was that the importance of form is more pronounced in a short game like T20, and anyone who has actually watched Vijay bat recently can clearly see that the guy is in very good form.

condescending snide remarks aside; the point of the thread was that the importance of form is more pronounced in a short game like T20' date=' and anyone who has actually [b']watched Vijay bat recently can clearly see that the guy is in very good form.
The remark wasn't meant for the OP - I haven't watched much of IPL so can't say about his omission from the T20 WC. The remark was pertaining to other comments marking him out as a certainty in Tests and ODIs. Even I feel, Vijay has the works to make it, but surely IPL cannot be used for selection to longer versions. Remember, he recently stuffed up against South Africa so clearly has a lot of work to do.

The remark was pertaining to other comments marking him out as a certainty in Tests and ODIs. Even I feel' date=' Vijay has the works to make it, but surely IPL cannot be used for selection to longer versions. Remember, he recently stuffed up against South Africa so clearly has a lot of work to do.[/quote'] he has impressed with the ability to dominate attacks with prope criketing shots.it has relevance for all 3 formats. certainly he ansd rohit are a shoo in for all the three formats with the talent they have shown.nothing wrong