Would you like to see Lalit Modi behind bars ?

mastana

Would you like to see Lalit Modi behind bars ?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • Yes

^ He can't be arrested neither can his wings be clipped. One of the virtues of having made millions of dollars for the board' date=' series after series after series, apart from creating the biggest baby in cricket- IPL[/quote'] He can be thrown out tomorrow by the BCCI if they want citing breach of some clause. I agree he is the man behind the IPL and it's success, but I don't like it when the guy is bigger than the game or when he tries to arm twist bidders or threatens winning bidders with consequences like you won't get the players you want, etc. He is sounding like a thug which is probably what he is.

He can be thrown out tomorrow by the BCCI if they want citing breach of some clause. I agree he is the man behind the IPL and it's success, but I don't like it when the guy is bigger than the game or when he tries to arm twist bidders or threatens winning bidders with consequences like you won't get the players you want, etc. He is sounding like a thug which is probably what he is.
They can't throw him out coz that man makes them practically all the money these guys so openly flaunt and he has given them the guts they so visibly show at ICC meetings. So removing him is creating a rival which will destroy the BCCI, which is what they can't afford and don't want. Well, he might have offered a bribe. But arm-twist are strong words, coz remember this is the same guy who auctioned off Mumbai at 300+ crores and Rajasthan at 200ish crores on the same stage. Its his league and he has the power to do what he feels like with it. So if he actually hated Kochi, which is what the owners are so vociferously trying to claim, he would have sighted some error in their bid and chucked them out of the auction itself, like the auction, which Videocon had won, but never happened. I feel thankful to him for taking Indian administration to the highs we are at today.

man you are wierdo. you love modi' date=' you want Indian T20 team to lose to Afghanistan. Who TF are you? :hysterical:[/quote'] I don't love anyone except for ICF :icflove: We should lose coz that is the pwnage our selectors we deserve for picking vintage non-performers.

He can be thrown out tomorrow by the BCCI if they want citing breach of some clause. I agree he is the man behind the IPL and it's success, but I don't like it when the guy is bigger than the game or when he tries to arm twist bidders or threatens winning bidders with consequences like you won't get the players you want, etc. He is sounding like a thug which is probably what he is.
+1 And he isn't the only man behind IPL there are others too. But they prefer to work in the background. There are few people in BCCI who don't like his attitude. N Srinivasan is one of them. Also Modi doesn't represent any state in BCCI. He lost the Rajasthan cricket association election. And its laughable when people give credit to Modi for all the new stadiums coming up in India. Is he investing any money through IPL in building those stadiums? No. BCCI is doing it.

^ Precisely' date=' but no one wants to take the good with the bad. Everyone just want to eat fruits of the tree and continue criticizing the tree.[/quote'] He is not a tree. He is just an overgrown branch of a tree(BCCI). There are other branches too. Don't forget them. Without BCCI he is nothing. Just because he shows his face 24*7 on your TV screen that doesn't mean he is everything.

He is not a tree. He is just an overgrown branch of a tree(BCCI). There are other branches too. Don't forget them. Without BCCI he is nothing. Just because he shows his face 24*7 on your TV screen that doesn't mean he is everything.
I think we will have to end our leg of the discussion here coz none of us are going to throw the guard down. And I like the Punjabi passsion :two_thumbs_up:

He's close to being the Ambani of cricket in India. For some Dhirubhai is a national hero, for others a criminal. Either way, no one can deny his success in putting an Indian League on the world map. I'd say let the law take its course.

http://www.cricket20.com/db/indian_premier_league/article.asp?NewsID=5160 Conveys my point exactly.
Modi has always used American sports as a comparison with the IPL so maybe the time is right for Modi to look at the Commissioners who run their respective sports in the States. With the exception of NHL boss Gary Bettman who is public enemy number one in hockey mad Canada any of the Commissioners from the NHL, NFL or NBA could walk into a shop or restaurant anywhere in America and not generate any sort of buzz. During the Superbowl in February NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell was only in the limelight on a couple of occasions during a game which was watched by over 110 million people in the States. Compare this to the various shoots of Modi talking to guests in the VIP lounges or close ups of him sending emails on his phone or standing in various team dug outs. Having a recognisable Commissioner ensures the IPL is in the media spotlight but when the man in charge is as famous as his players and the bollywood stars who own the teams a controversy was never going to be far away.
I checked his twitter for more drama and surprising he hasn't updated it in 2 days now? lawl. Maybe all this would make him go hide in the background and let IPL be its own thing now.