Blast outside bangalore stadium before IPL match !| Semis Moved to New Bombay

meloveindia

this really sucks' date='we had home advantage and the best crowd support in all of ipl for the semis but now we have none,should be a walkover for mumbai in the semis and finals .[/quote'] I guess it is just fate man. Destiny is with Mumbai it seems.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Yeah, Indian Railways and Indian Airlines(read, taxpayers) should pay from their pockets if Modi decides to shift IPL match venues!
Why should Indian Railways & airlines pay. should come out the fecker Modi's pocket who keeps making deecisions arbitraily

Stadium attacks herald new Indian Mujahideen offensive http://www.hindu.com/2010/04/19/stories/2010041958120100.htm
Goes to show that Indian police need to tighten their belts. If only Bawa (aka Yasin Bhatkal) could have been prevented from escaping the raid in 2008. Now he has carried out both the Pune and Bangalore blasts - it would be a shame if he is able to escape a second time. It might also be pertinent to note the warning issued by the US a day before the Bangalore blast.

So for every injury Mr. Cheeka looks in the south Indian contingent for replacements :regular_smile:
you bebe sure in the right thread? In case you are, may be you need to ask Pawar to recall sugar daddy Vengy. :finger:

Guest Hiten.
you bebe sure in the right thread? In case you are, may be you need to ask Pawar to recall sugar daddy Vengy. :finger:
So just because Vengy did, Cheeka has to follow the same suit ? As they say two wrongs don't make one right :winky:.

Guest Hiten.
Suggest your non-south zone opener replacement alternatives here http://indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=218454 Also, without cheeka, we wouldn't even know a guy like Vijay exists. :winky:
Suggest a replacement ground other than Mumbai which is closer to Bangalore and which will guarantee them to fill their coffers than any other stadium in India. Without IPL we wouldn't have known a picture-esque and one of the best facilities provider stadium like D.Y.Patil :winky:

Suggest a replacement ground other than Mumbai which is closer to Bangalore and which will guarantee them to fill their coffers than any other stadium in India. Without IPL we wouldn't have known a picture-esque and one of the best facilities provider stadium like D.Y.Patil :winky:
I would have preferred for them to have waited a few hours and find out the fate of CSK and DD matches and decide to move one of the semis to Chennai or to Delhi and allow the home fans to get a semis instead of Mumbai hogging both the semis. But then again that would make too much sense.

Guest Hiten.
I would have preferred for them to have waited a few hours and find out the fate of CSK and DD matches and decide to move one of the semis to Chennai or to Delhi and allow the home fans to get a semis instead of Mumbai hogging both the semis. But then again that would make too much sense.
Why don't you read before you retaliate ? Mumbai gets them the most $$ and that is the only objective of IPL organizers, cricket is only secondary or perhaps not even on the list. Second, which sane organizer would host a match at the Kotla when the home captain himself prefers to play an away game rather than a home game. Third, about Chennai not getting to host the semis, read what I said about Mumbai-IPL connection.

Guest Hiten.

And if you still don't get it. Let me make it clear to you. I don't give a blue f.ck to where they host their matches as long as they play in India. I was just trying to reason everything with 'we're special and we need attention' logic that you tend to chip in every now and then when 'the evil northies' discard your from the limelight. Same applies to the replacements that are named (which most of the times are coincidentally from South India), because when India is playing none of the cricketers think about the state they represent or what dialect they speak; so why as a fan should I bother with from what state or region do they belong to.

^ Besides the strong Bombay lobby there are a few logical reasons for the move there as well : 1. They are already hosting the final, so from the security and logistical perspective it makes more sense to move it there. 2. DY Patil stadium is one of the 'home' grounds of the Deccan Chargers. 3. Bombay police is one of better equipped ones to handle terrorism threats given their history. At the end of the day, I am glad that the tournament did not just get called off after such a close shave rather than bickering about this regionalism crap. It would have been a huge blow to any international cricket in the future in India, if things had fallen through.

And if you still don't get it. Let me make it clear to you. I don't give a blue f.ck to where they host their matches as long as they play in India. I was just trying to reason everything with 'we're special and we need attention' logic that you tend to chip in every now and then when 'the evil northies' discard your from the limelight. Same applies to the replacements that are named (which most of the times are coincidentally from South India)' date=' because when India is playing none of the cricketers think about the state they represent or what dialect they speak; so why as a fan should I bother with from what state or region do they belong to.[/quote'] Sorry me for thinking that one city or region shouldn't hog all the limelight and there should be more equality.

^ Besides the strong Bombay lobby there are a few logical reasons for the move there as well : 1. They are already hosting the final, so from the security and logistical perspective it makes more sense to move it there. 2. DY Patil stadium is one of the 'home' grounds of the Deccan Chargers. 3. Bombay police is one of better equipped ones to handle terrorism threats given their history. At the end of the day, I am glad that the tournament did not just get called off after such a close shave rather than bickering about this regionalism crap. It would have been a huge blow to any international cricket in the future in India, if things had fallen through.
Except point #1, other two don't make sense. Chargers were still fighting for a spot when the announcement was made, so were DD and CSK. Bombay may be better equipped to handle security, but is a big security threat as well and there is no reason to assume that all the Security apparatus that was prepared for the finals are all ready go in full gear for the hastily moved semis.

Except point #1, other two don't make sense. Chargers were still fighting for a spot when the announcement was made, so were DD and CSK. Bombay may be better equipped to handle security, but is a big security threat as well and there is no reason to assume that all the Security apparatus that was prepared for the finals are all ready go in full gear for the hastily moved semis.
Okay, I wasn't sure about the timing of the venue change, so yeah the second point is irrelevant. And I see your angle regarding the third point, about Bombay being more terror prone. But at the end of the day, I am hoping the decision was made based mainly on security considerations and an assessment of what would be the safest venue for the move and am willing to back it because we are not privy to all the security factors which went in. I would rather have the security experts make the call on it, as incompetent as some might be, than second guess them on semi baked and available information.