Kevin Pietersen forced to play against will after bomb rocks IPL stadium

mastana

I disagree. Bomb was found outside the stadium. So it was necessary to check the stadium before evacuating them. My only concern is 30000 people didn't hear the explosion?
When the bomb blast took place it should have become clear that the stadium/surroundings were not properly sanitized. Also, the previous terror attack in Bangalore in 2008 also involved several small bombs dispersed at different places. It was only incidental that no bomb was planted inside the stadium, but the police could not have been sure of it. That should have been enough for the police to call off the match.

Guys, KP does not deserve this flak. I'm sure he is entitled to his opinion. After all, he would have been a sitting duck if the ****ers had planned something bigger than this. To put things in perspective, KP was the team captain, when England decided to come back to India to play the 2 test matches right after the Mumbai attacks. How many teams would have shown the guts to tour a country, a couple of week after something like the Mumbai attacks?
They were forced to come back to India. Don't you know? Didn't want to play Test series after 26/11 attacks: Flintoff To give credit to KP, he wanted to come back. But as for your post, this is how it stands and this is what actually transpired. As for the no. of teams, well Australia stayed on despite Damien Martyn and a lot of Aussies not wanting to.

When the bomb blast took place it should have become clear that the stadium/surroundings were not properly sanitized. Also' date=' the previous terror attack in Bangalore in 2008 also involved several small bombs dispersed at different places. [b'] It was only incidental that no bomb was planted inside the stadium, but the police could not have been sure of it. That should have been enough for the police to call off the match.
You have a point. Thank god nothing was found inside the stadium.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: I think Bangalore police and IPL authorities did absolutely the right thing by letting the match go on .. read the comments in that article too and all the UK people are also saying the match should go on .. if you succumb to terrorist ploys then you are accepting defeat and giving them encouragement .. feck the **** out of terrorists ... consensus is a fair method and I dont see anything wrong in it .. BRC players were cry babies including Kumble who said they were disturbed .. on the other hand look MI players who did not give a **** about anything .. anyways many of the internationals are WI players who never give a **** about all these and were the first to support IPL in India this year .. others are mostly Lankans who anyways have faced LTTE for ages .. MI are a strong unit both mentally and in performance and they are progressing .. BRC are cry babies and hence struggling Regarding Kallis and KP, feck them .. the situation in SA is not any good either and FIFA had always been telling about the security in SA .. but we supported them always and L Modi even took on FIFA for SA's sake
Do you think Anil Kumble and Vijay Mallaya convinced KP and Kaillis by telling them to feck off because it happens in their country also?

Regarding Kallis and KP' date=' feck them .. [b']the situation in SA is not any good either and FIFA had always been telling about the security in SA .. but we supported them always and L Modi even took on FIFA for SA's sake
Andrew Symonds wishes to chip in-
"I've always felt I was more likely to be shot or stabbed in South Africa". Source- Rediff (Can't find the cricinfo link)

Andrew Symonds wishes to chip in-
South Africa is a lot more lawless country than India and everybody knows it .. till a few years ago there was open racial killing and loots and attacks in SA ... even now it is not safe and a lot more lawless compared to India .. but we have always supported them .. even today you go to any SA website, blog or forum and there you will find hatred between the whites and blacks

South Africa is a lot more lawless country than India and everybody knows it .. till a few years ago there was open racial killing and loots and attacks in SA ... even now it is not safe and a lot more lawless compared to India .. but we have always supported them .. even today you go to any SA website' date=' blog or forum and there you will find hatred between the whites and blacks[/quote'] My favourite South African is Nelson Madela :two_thumbs_up:
Papparazzi are not national media.
A branch is a part of the tree. Paparazzi is a part of the media. :hatsoff:

I find this pretty strange, almost everyone carris mobile phones and when the match is delayed for 1 hr..ppl would have got calls, even checking the net? 1 small shout and it would have a domino effect
Actually spectators were enthusiastic to get the show going. I even saw on TV fans outaside the stadium saying that the show must go on and were not that worried. Kudos to them and their spirit..

Actually spectators were enthusiastic to get the show going. I even saw on TV fans outaside the stadium saying that the show must go on and were not that worried. Kudos to them and their spirit..
Namma Bengalooru :isalute:

So why did Kevin Pietersen continue to be a part of the English Ashes squad in 2005 despite the 7/7 London bombings? Hypocrite.
because it was in England. You can't say I don't trust the security in my own country (especially when it is your adopted country and you have been given the opportunity to represent it nationally)

Anil Kapoor style main bolu toh, "Paisa bhi toh bhara tha unhone, dolling" :giggle:

because it was in England. You can't say I don't trust the security in my own country (especially when it is your adopted country and you have been given the opportunity to represent it nationally)
Which doesn't make him as straight-forward as he claims to be :hmmm:!

Mumbai was known through all these decades as the "city with the fighting spirit" ... it seems Bangalore is trying to compete for that title too .. yes obviously people inside the stadium would have known .. I really respect their spirit :hatsoff: