Sorry Pragyan Ojha

Texy

despite being the purple cap holder and the BEST spinner in the tournament and overall excellent spinner in t20 format for India, you won't get a chance to represent your country in the T20 wc due to politics and opportunities given to players of lesser caliber and quality to take a spot in the playing XI I'm ashamed today as an Indian cricket fan STATS IPL 3: Ojha: 14 games 20 wkts 3/26 bbf vs MI 7.45 econ 15.3 SR Bhajji: 13 games 15 wkts 3/31 bbf vs DC 6.65 econ 18.2 SR Mishra: 14 games 17 wkts 3/25 bbf vs RR 6.84 econ 18.7 SR Chawla: 14 games 12 wkts 3/24 bbf vs MI 7.48 econ 24.5 SR STATS T20I: RA JADEJA: 4 games 16 ov 2 wkts 2/21 bbf 6.62 econ 48 SR PP OJHA: 4 games 13 ov 7 wkts 4/21 bbf 7.3 econ 11.1 SR Harbhajan Singh: 16 games 57ov 15 wkts 3/30 bbf 6.5 econ 22.8 SR

Has attitude on the field has been very poor lately' date=' Jadeja is a better batsman and fielder in addition to his handy left arm spin.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: funniest **** ive read all day.

We are trying to pick the best spinner and you ramble on about whos a better batsmen' date=' fielder and who has better behaviour. :whack:[/quote'] Khan to Mohammad Ashraful, 5 runs, Ojha concedes five runs, never had a reputation to be the best of fielders, played towards him in front of mid-on and he throws needlessly at the strike's end, no one to back up and rolls down the fine-leg boundary

Agree with tex1des. And for the record' date=' the guy who replaced Ojha - Piyush Chawla, isn't the best fielder around anyway. I'll pick Ojha as the better fielder among the two.[/quote'] Are you sure. Chawla is a terrific fielder. Atleast he was last when i saw him at the midwicket area. Now he has become a fat baby. Also haven't seen much of PKXI matches. Not sure how he fields these days.

What politics? The team was selected a couple of weeks back. Care to give us the record back then and not the current stats..
P Ojha has always been better than most of our other spinners in any form of cricket .. I agree that he is not of the quality of Kumble or our previous generation of popular spinners but still he is the best upcoming spinner we have at present .. he has proven himself over and over again and I never understood why he is left out by selectors who opt for Mishra and even Chawla .. his records speaks volumes in all format let it be economy, wickets or average

Are you sure. Chawla is a terrific fielder. Atleast he was last when i saw him at the midwicket area. Now he has become a fat baby. Also haven't seen much of PKXI matches. Not sure how he fields these days.
The point is there is no place for him in the midwicket area, if he plays that is! And if he doesn't field in midwicket region, he'll field on the boundaries, something a better bowler in Ojha can do quite well.