Your first name please... all ICF members....

Aqua

Re: Your first name please... all ICF members.... It is one of the most basic concepts in Hindu philosophy, describing that eternal core of the personality that survives after death and that transmigrates to a new life or is released from the bonds of existence. While in most of the early Vedic texts it occurred mostly as a reflexive pronoun (oneself), in the later Upanishads it arises more and more to the fore as a philosophic topic: "My name" is that which makes the other organs and faculties function and for which indeed they function; "My name" underlies all the activities of a person, as Brahman (the absolute) underlies the workings of the universe; to know it brings bliss; it is part of the universal Brahman, with which it can commune or even fuse. So fundamental was the "My name" deemed to be that certain circles identified it with Brahman. Of the various systems (darshans) of Hindu philosophy, the schools of Samkhya and Yoga (which use the term purusha to convey the idea of "My name" ) and the orthodox school of Vedanta particularly concern themselves with the "My name", though the interpretation varies in accordance with each system's general worldviews. Now, who can guess my name. :hic:

Re: Your first name please... all ICF members....

It is one of the most basic concepts in Hindu philosophy' date=' describing that eternal core of the personality that survives after death and that transmigrates to a new life or is released from the bonds of existence. While in most of the early Vedic texts it occurred mostly as a reflexive pronoun (oneself), in the later Upanishads it arises more and more to the fore as a philosophic topic: [b']"My name" is that which makes the other organs and faculties function and for which indeed they function; "My name" underlies all the activities of a person, as Brahman (the absolute) underlies the workings of the universe; to know it brings bliss; it is part of the universal Brahman, with which it can commune or even fuse. So fundamental was the "My name" deemed to be that certain circles identified it with Brahman. Of the various systems (darshans) of Hindu philosophy, the schools of Samkhya and Yoga (which use the term purusha to convey the idea of "My name" ) and the orthodox school of Vedanta particularly concern themselves with the "My name", though the interpretation varies in accordance with each system's general worldviews. Now, who can guess my name. :hic:
atma

It is one of the most basic concepts in Hindu philosophy' date=' describing that eternal core of the personality that survives after death and that transmigrates to a new life or is released from the bonds of existence. While in most of the early Vedic texts it occurred mostly as a reflexive pronoun (oneself), in the later Upanishads it arises more and more to the fore as a philosophic topic: [b']"My name" is that which makes the other organs and faculties function and for which indeed they function; "My name" underlies all the activities of a person, as Brahman (the absolute) underlies the workings of the universe; to know it brings bliss; it is part of the universal Brahman, with which it can commune or even fuse. So fundamental was the "My name" deemed to be that certain circles identified it with Brahman. Of the various systems (darshans) of Hindu philosophy, the schools of Samkhya and Yoga (which use the term purusha to convey the idea of "My name" ) and the orthodox school of Vedanta particularly concern themselves with the "My name", though the interpretation varies in accordance with each system's general worldviews. Now, who can guess my name. :hic:
atma
close, its Atman.

Paradox! If this anonymity is a mask then amusing is the paradox of asking a masked man is name... You may however, call me V.
V I tried reading your name and could only count the v's.... :chin:
Confused my name for my dogma have you... "Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici": "By the power of truth; I, while living, have concurred the universe"... courtesy Christopher Marlowe.

Paradox! If this anonymity is a mask then amusing is the paradox of asking a masked man is name... You may however, call me V.
Confused my name for my dogma have you... "Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici": "By the power of truth; I, while living, have concurred the universe"... courtesy Christopher Marlowe.
wannabe shakespeare

wannabe shakespeare
DUDE MARLOWE, Christopher Marlowe!!! my Shakespeare days are done and dusted! Playing King Duncan was too traumatic an experience for me to embrace the pompous bastard ever again.