Time to change to change the IPL format!

abhinav

I am a Daredevils fan and have seen my team dominate and yet not win in the first two seasons. sadly it was turn of the MI this year, despite a fantastic run all through the season and yet ending up losing to an average side who were only marginally better then the sides who did not even made it to the semis this year. Isn't it time for IPL to change its format and suitably reward the team which does the best over 14 games instead of giving the crown to the team which has two great games right at the end??

I am a Daredevils fan and have seen my team dominate and yet not win in the first two seasons. sadly it was turn of the MI this year, despite a fantastic run all through the season and yet ending up losing to an average side who were only marginally better then the sides who did not even made it to the semis this year. Isn't it time for IPL to change its format and suitably reward the team which does the best over 14 games instead of giving the crown to the team which has two great games right at the end??
Absolutely. Just like The EPL or La Liga. A team consistent over 14 games should be the winner. The top 3 teams in order of finishing the league should qualify for the Champions League.

I am a Daredevils fan and have seen my team dominate and yet not win in the first two seasons. sadly it was turn of the MI this year' date=' despite a fantastic run all through the season and yet ending up losing to[b'] an average side who were only marginally better then the sides who did not even made it to the semis this year. Isn't it time for IPL to change its format and suitably reward the team which does the best over 14 games instead of giving the crown to the team which has two great games right at the end??
average side??? so wat are the other 6 teams them.. should be below average???

average side??? so wat are the other 6 teams them.. should be below average???
Average side indeed..they had won six games out of 13 before the final over burst from MSD saw them through against KXIP. They got through in to the semis on NRR and won the same number of games as DD or KKR. This current format of IPL does not reward consistency. DC were not the deserving champs of 2009, neither are CSK the deserving champs of 2010. Before people start fouling me as a case of sour grapes, let me say again that i am not a MI fan, I am a DD fan.

Average side indeed..they had won six games out of 13 before the final over burst from MSD saw them through against KXIP. They got through in to the semis on NRR and won the same number of games as DD or KKR. This current format of IPL does not reward consistency. DC were not the deserving champs of 2009, neither are CSK the deserving champs of 2010. Before people start fouling me as a case of sour grapes, let me say again that i am not a MI fan, I am a DD fan.
Still qualify for the sour grapes award.

So you will go calling teams average? A team can win only what's before it. You are nothing more than sour grapes here. Let the IPL change its format and then we will see who is consistent and who is not. If in a certain ground, hitting 65m is good enough for a six, the players will aim to clear 65m, not some other distance, which might be the distance to the boundary rope in some other ground. Blame the ground, not the players or team.

So you will go calling teams average? A team can win only what's before it. You are nothing more than sour grapes here. Let the IPL change its format and then we will see who is consistent and who is not.
Precisely, IPL should change the format. I am not blaming CSK, they did what they had to do...but they were clearly not the best team over 16 games..

Precisely' date=' IPL should change the format. I am not blaming CSK, they did what they had to do...but they were clearly not the best team over 16 games..[/quote'] To each one his own buddy. We are the champions and therefore we were proclaimed to be the best today. Thank you for watching.

Precisely' date=' IPL should change the format. I am not blaming CSK, they did what they had to do...but they were clearly not the best team over 16 games..[/quote'] Exactly what I felt last year.. when :dd: were leading the points table ! :dontknow: