I am still chairman of IPL - Lalit Modi tweets

mastana

Guest Gunner
why is there an agenda - its as apt a quote as ever. What do you think my agenda is' date=' I would love to be told what is my hidden agenda. Why do you not look at it in terms of circumstance and aptness - if I said it was a Dickens' quote would you be claiming there was an agenda behind it?[/quote'] Did you know that this MB has a strict policy against religious discussion? To my knowledge it has no such policy against Dickens though. I merely questioned if you had an agenda, I hardly see anything in my post implying you had one.

Guest Gunner
no sorry an overreaction on my part - but nonetheless I don't like why it is that religion implies an agenda...
Apology accepted. Religion is a strict no on this MB, anyone making quotations from religious texts is bound to arouse suspicion. You could have made a point choosing any other reference material on truth and justice (and there are plenty of them, try Voltaire etc) but you chose a religious text. What would you think if you were in my position?

Guest Gunner
you should think that since the poster comes from a christian country that it is a quotation in the psyche ingrained.
Firstly, I thought the UK was a secular democracy. I had no idea that the state identified itself as a "christian country". You have me at a disadvantage there due to my ignorance. Secondly, "you should think that since the poster comes from a christian country that it is a quotation ingrained in the psyche" even.

Guest Gunner
in the psyche ingrained is a perfectly acceptable word order' date=' indeed rhetorically speaking it is a powerful inversion for the ending of a line.[/quote'] So should I then take it that your initial statement was merely rhetoric? You haven't answered my preliminary point in that post yet.

no just that as someone who has studied rhetoric I occasionally add flourishes to my English. Its hard to define what Britain is - all religions are welcome. Chrisitianity is the main one. Atheism is rife. I would call it a Christian country due to its history, and the fact that the head of state, to whom all new (that is Immigrant rather than born) citizens swear an oath is also the head of the church.
You still cliaming you are a gora who can trace his family line back 500 years:hysterical: You are a pak, I can smell them a mile of

Coming back to the topic, I was watching Times Now's debate right now. It was great to see so much support for Lalit Modi. Even someone like Farookh Engineer supported him. However, I fail to understand the cricnext chief's hate for anything remotely related to BCCI. Whats this whole deal about? I remember reading some post here about it but can't remember anything. Also, our ICF even made it to the media. Arnab said, "The Indian Cricket Fan has..." :icflove:

Guest Gunner
no just that as someone who has studied rhetoric I occasionally add flourishes to my English.
You should refrain from it where it fails to communicate your intent. Of course rhetorical statements are rarely intended to communicate one's convictions.
Its hard to define what Britain is - all religions are welcome. Chrisitianity is the main one. Atheism is rife. I would call it a Christian country due to its history' date=' and the fact that the head of state, to whom all new (that is Immigrant rather than born) citizens swear an oath is also the head of the church.[/quote'] Be that as it may with the immigrants, I am sure you as a British national born in England have sworn no such allegiance to the head of the church. Even communion is taken with the almighty and not the head of the church. So all things considered I would still advice you to stay away from religious pedagogy.

because in this circumstance it seems apt. have you a???? problem with it?
if indians find my posts offensive that might be a commentary? on their paranoia - I have no problem with India. I merely employed a commonly known fact to put down Satyam' date=???? the only poster here with whom have I????? a problem.
I could accept that' date=' except we do not describe the Aussies as 'terrorist state'[b'],???? 'terrorists',???? 'madrassah mullahs',???? or anything else mocking a????? country's problems - the worst we do is 'convict'?????
I agree -????? but it is not safe anywhere -????? this country foils around four major plots a year -????? as I have said before India is unfortunately a softer target than Britain for the simple reason that it is closer. I have lost a close relative in the attacks onLondon' date=????? so do not lecture me on knowing what goes through people's minds.
no I don't - I grew up the IRA????? just across the border' date=????? and I do not hate the Irish.
why is there an agenda - its as apt a quote as ever?????. What do you think my agenda is' date=????? I would love to be told what is my hidden agenda. Why do you not look at it in terms of circumstance and aptness - if I said it was a Dickens' quote would you be claiming there was an agenda behind it?
no just that as someone who has studied rhetoric' date=????? I occasionally add flourishes????? to my English. Its hard to define what Britain is - all religions are welcome. Chrisitianity is the main one. Atheism is rife. I would call it a Christian country due to its history,????? and the fact that the head of state,????? to whom all new (that is Immigrant rather than born)????? citizens swear an oath is also the head of the church.
As someone who has studied rhetoric, I expected a better grasp of the English grammar. Your sentence structure is unimaginative, and your word choices are poor. Also, chill down on the "-". It's annoying when used in every sentence.

Coming back to the topic' date=' I was watching Times Now's debate right now. It was great to see so much support for Lalit Modi. Even someone like Farookh Engineer supported him. [b']However, I fail to understand the cricnext chief's hate for anything remotely related to BCCI. Whats this whole deal about? I remember reading some post here about it but can't remember anything. Also, our ICF even made it to the media. Arnab said, "The Indian Cricket Fan has..." :icflove:
Is it Sanjay Jha? If yes, he is pissed with BCCI ever since Ganguly was dropped from the Indian team.

its quite amusing that the things you have highlighted are either very basic English words that you simply do not know' date=' or else minor typing errors that are commonplace.[/quote'] but Saar, king of rhetorics don't make commonplace mistake, or make word choices that are hard to understand. :punter:

rhetoric is about speaking word pattern not typing.
Your ignorance continues. Merriam-Webster defines rhetoric as " 1 : the art of speaking or writing effectively: as a : the study of principles and rules of composition formulated by critics of ancient times b : the study of writing or speaking as a means of communication or persuasion " In this case, typing simply is a modern substitution/technological advancement for writing. But it reinforced h4te's point and underscores the fact that before you try using eloquent rhetoric beyond your abilities, you should first realize what some of these words mean.

rhetoric is about speaking word pattern not typing. why couldn't you understand that?
Your ignorance continues. Merriam-Webster defines rhetoric as " 1 : the art of speaking or writing effectively: as a : the study of principles and rules of composition formulated by critics of ancient times b : the study of writing or speaking as a means of communication or persuasion " In this case, typing simply is a modern substitution/technological advancement for writing. But it reinforced h4te's point and underscores the fact that before you try using eloquent rhetoric beyond your abilities, you should first realize what some of these words mean.
pwned-facekick.jpg

Is it Sanjay Jha? If yes' date=' he is pissed with BCCI ever since Ganguly was dropped from the Indian team.[/quote'] Yes, it was him. There is so much hate when he speaks. He was trying to mock Farooq Engineer yesterday. What kind of a tool does that?