How good a cook are you?

Lurker

Success ! Success ! Vetri ! Vetri ! For the first time in 14 months , my sambar actually looked and tasted like...err.. Sambar ! Great achievement for me , thanks to Yoda's tips. Now to try F'legs recipe ! :two_thumbs_up:
Congratulations! You da winner :two_thumbs_up: BTW - it is not my recipe, its from the web, so you may want to ask yoda for 'expert tips'..Yoda please to help our dear MM :D UYJS8zwMA1Y

Success ! Success ! Vetri ! Vetri ! For the first time in 14 months , my sambar actually looked and tasted like...err.. Sambar ! Great achievement for me , thanks to Yoda's tips. Now to try F'legs recipe ! :two_thumbs_up:
Congratulations! You da winner :two_thumbs_up: BTW - it is not my recipe, its from the web, so you may want to ask yoda for 'expert tips'..Yoda please to help our dear MM :D
Thank you, thank you. :dance: Regarding Vatral kozhambu, again use less water, more tamarind, extra spices to make it hot.

Thank you, thank you. :dance: Regarding Vatral kozhambu, again use less water, more tamarind, extra spices to make it hot.
i believe you can even add some peanuts to VK if you are making it Again from the web: Ingredients: 1 tsp tamarind paste, dissolved in 4 cups warm water 2 tsp sambar powder 1 tsp tuvar dal 1-2 tsp dried marathakkali berries 4-5 dried chundakkai 1 tsp mustard seeds 2 dried red chillies, broken in half 1/2 tsp red chilli powder (optional) 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper 2-3 tsp oil 4-5 curry leaves pinch of asafoetida 2 tbsp roasted de-skinned peanuts 1 tbsp rice flour or cornflour (for thickening the gravy if required) Salt to taste Method: 1. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the dried berries for 30 seconds or so. 2. Add the asafoetida, dry red chillies, curry leaves, mustard seeds and tuvar dal to the oil and stir. Fry till the mustard seeds pop and the tuvar dal turns golden brown. The berries should be dark brown now, but be careful that they dont burn. 3. Add the sambar powder, ground black pepper and red chilli powder (if using) and stir. Then pour in the tamarind water. 4. If you are using the peanuts, drop those in as well and let the tamarind water boil for 15-20 minutes or until it has reduced by a third. 5. Mix the cornflour/rice flour with some water to make a pourable paste, and stir it into the kuzhambu. Add salt to taste. 6. Boil it for another 5 minutes, until it is the consistency you like.

Without oil! really? sukha sukha to nahi tha? Recipe please.....:pray:
Ok...although this recipe requires French Bread..But i used Harvest Gold...:--D First thing to do is... 1.Break 3 eggs in a bowl 2. Add Half cup milk. 3. Add some sugar..may be a tea spoon 4. 1-2 Green cardamom crushed... Now soak bread in this mixture..Now take a Non-stick pan..and heat it for a while... just coat the pan with very small amount of butter..and put the bread slices in it..to seal the juices inside.. cook each side for one minute... Now pre-heat the oven..and set the temp at 350 C and time at 12-14 minutes... place all the bread pieces in the oven... Wollla....crisp and juicy french Toast is ready.. will try to post the youtube video of this recipe..

Guest dada_rocks
i can make biryani and quesadilla and sphagetti....however I usually don't coz my gf does it for me!
Shaadi mat karna guru nahin to fir table turn ho jayega :giggle:

Guest dada_rocks

These days I am cooking dhokla more or less everyday.. trying my best to inculcate gujarati fiscal discline.. kya pata dhokla mein hi sara raj chhipa ho