How good a cook are you?

Lurker

a new combo, i thot, i would share.... my wife is a veggie who doesnt allow meat inside the home.... yesterday night, i got fed up.... drove to mcdonalds, got myself some chicken nuggets.... went home, took the Chole(chick peas), bread and ran to the garage where my nuggets were waiting impatiently.... mixed them... had a feast by myself in the garage..... lovely combo - nuggets from mcDs and home made chole... lotsa fat though :shades_smile:

how many of you guys can make rotis and puris? i think the toughest job in a kitchen is to make a dough..wither for Rotis or Puris.. Rice..Chicken..Subzis..etc can be made easily....looking at the recipe.. but when manual skill is required..it becomes tough... a year back..i cooked pulao for the first time in my life...and it was fantastic..taste wise..every one enjoyed it...though it was a bit geela..but tasty none the less... but i have not tried my hand on making rotis...

I am an expert at making Tandoori Chicken. What I do is that I remove the skin first and then make little incisions in the chicken leg/breast. Then make the marinade using yoghurt, garam masala, MDH chicken masala, red chilli powder, garlic ginger paste and a little lime. I mix all this together and keep it for about an hour. After that, I lather the chicken with the marinade and keep it in the oven(flipping sides midway). It should be done after 45 mins to an hour. :smokin:

Cooked Yarchi Chops last night. Came out very well :

YARCHI CHOPSNon-Veg | Spicy | CoorgMethodGrind all the masala ingredients until smooth and marinade the mutton chops with this for an hour in the refrigerator.Heat oil in pressure cooker, add mutton chops and salt and cook for five minutes. Add six cups of water and pressure cook for eight whistles on medium heat or till done.Take it off the heat and garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.orgline.gifIngredientsServes 4700 gms Mutton chops 1/4 cup Oil Salt to taste 1/4 cup Fresh coriander leaves (chopped) For masala3 Cloves 2 inch stick Cinnamon 1 tbsp Lemon juice 6 Green chillies (roughly chopped) 6 cloves Garlic (roughly chopped) 1 1/2 inch piece Ginger (roughly chopped) 1 tsp Black peppercorns 1/2 cup Fresh coriander leaves (roughly chopped) 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
Innovation from my side : Cooked in a "dum" instead of cooker and added mint along with coriander leaves to the masala.

i cooked mutton for the first time in my life...some 15 days ago.. dish was "mutton shahi Korma"... i followed the recipe as it was written...but idiot sanjeev kapoor did not write that mutton need to be pressure cooked... i had to cook for 90 minutes..in an open vessel ... and still it was not properly cooked... but the ingredients were good..and it tasted quite nice.... i had my cake and it it too..:D... i think things which do not require skills....can be cooked by any one..just follow steps..and its done.. After shradh..i will try it once more..