India A tour of England and Scotland 2010 : Pujara to lead

Chandan

Did Pujara score a ton in the last game or the game before?
I remember him scoring against Windies A in the3 day game up at Croydon. Dont think he scored one against Scotland in the last game
Pujara and Dhawan had scored ducks in the first List A match vs Scotland. Rahane had scored a ton. Pujara a scored a doubleton in the highway of a pitch at some surrey school ground against WI A where only 2 innings could be in 4 days.
Hairs is playing amzingly well on his debut for Scots
Yes. He is on 18 of 15 right now but India has broken through. Kulkarni dismissed the other opener Mommsen for 1. Looks like Kulkarni is getting some swing. PS : Now Hair is gone. Tyagi dismisses him. Scots 25/2 in 7 overs

5 wickets for Kulkarni, 3 for Abdullah and 1 each for Tyagi and Unadkat...and India bowls out the Scots on just 129 to avenge the 1st match's freak defeat, by 152 runs. Conditions aiding swing bowling and our bowlers appear monster but the moment we have flat tracks, they are worse than kittens. What is the solution?

5 wickets for Kulkarni, 3 for Abdullah and 1 each for Tyagi and Unadkat...and India bowls out the Scots on just 129 to avenge the 1st match's freak defeat, by 152 runs. Conditions aiding swing bowling and our bowlers appear monster but the moment we have flat tracks, they are worse than kittens. What is the solution?
Why dont we bend our backs on Flat decks. On flat tracks slower balls, yorkers and Bouncers are solution. But our bowlers lack these skills.
The solution sounds a little cliched but let me repeat that again "say good bye to the pattas at home". On helpful pitches, our bowlers are as good or dare I say even better than most other international attacks.

What will happen on Lanka pattas, Pak pattas, Australia pattas, WI pattas and other pattas all over the world? What will happen to the growth of our spinners and at the same time batsmen having accustomed to good spin bowling as they usually are? I think India will have to have all kind of pitches-- bouncy, pacy, turning, aiding swing and seam and pattas, and have Duleep trophy as its premiemere domestic tournament. That is the only solution In can think of.

^ True that. I mean we are such a vast country with so many grounds. It should certainly be possible to have different kind of pitches across the country. Lets just pick a handful of grounds and designate them as Test centres. For eg : Mohali, Eden Garden, Chepauk, Wankhede and I don't know may be another 3 big centre - Bangalore, another one at Mumbai perhaps and Kotla. Fix them as our permanent Test centres. Develop different kind of pitches as suits them, pace perhaps at Mohali, spin at Chennai and similarly others. The rest of the other grounds- your Kochis, Ahmedabads, Cuttaks, etc should host ODIs.

India A thump Scots at Titwood in the second one-day match India A avenge Wednesday's loss to Scotland by inflicting a heavy 152-run defeat of the Saltires in Glasgow. More... India A thump Scots at Titwood Tour match, Titwood: India A beat Scotland by 152 runs _48180080_india_pujara_226b_sns.jpgPujara was the batting hero for India A in Glasgow India A avenged Wednesday's loss to Scotland by inflicting a heavy 152-run defeat on the Saltires in Glasgow. Chasing India A's imposing score of 281-7 in their 50 overs, the home team came up short as they were bowled out for just 129 in 35.3 overs. Cheteshwar Pujara was the tourists' star with the bat with an unbeaten 122 off 117 balls as the Scots struggled. Richie Berrington was the pick of the bowlers with three wickets, but still went for 70 runs in his 10-over stint. The Scotland reply never got going with captain Gordon Drummond's men soon 28-3 and their challenge effectively ended when the in-form Berrington, who scored a century at the same venue in midweek, was out for 24 in the 17th over. Medium pacer Dhawal Kulkarni clinched the match for the tourists, finishing with impressive bowling figures of 5-29. Moneeb Iqbal did top score for Scotland with a stubborn 33, but Iqbal Abdulla completed a comfortable win for India's second string by bowling Ross Lyons.

India A bounce back against Scotland

Cheteshwar Pujara and Dhawal Kulkarni embellished their reputations as India A bounced back from their shocking defeat in the previous game to thump Scotland by 152 runs in Glasgow. The visitors started off edgily after winning the toss, losing Shikhar Dhawan edging to second slip. Ajinkya Rahane was reprieved by Richie Berrington at point, and in Abhinav Mukund's company he settled down to see off the early threat. Fifty runs were on the board when Pujara took guard, and in Mukund's company, he set his side up for another big score. The pair added 83 runs without fuss, before Pujara's uncertain call left his partner stranded. Mukund had struck six fours in his fifty which came of 60 balls, and was flustered by the way his innings was ended. Pujara was determined to make up for the misunderstanding, and with Manoj Tiwary took the innings into overdrive. Tiwary hustled for 41 off 45 balls, but the mainstay of the 109-run stand was Pujara who kept accelerating through the innings. He began the onslaught with a six off Gordon Drummond in the 38th over and picked Ally Evans for 12 in the next over. Despite the loss of a few wickets in the end overs, Pujara kept going and finished with 122 off 117 balls, as India A posted 281. Scotland's chase got off to the kind of start that necessitated another miracle comeback, but today the Indian bowlers ensured that it did not happen. Dhawal Kulkarni was the star of the show, as all three seamers kept the pressure up. None of the batsmen barring Moneeb Iqbal and Richie Berrington crossed 20 as wickets fell at regular intervals. Kulkarni finished with a five-for while the biggest highlight of the innings was Iqbal Abdulla's freakish dismissal of Matthew Parker, out lbw sweeping an intentional double-bouncer. The hosts eventually folded for 129, not even half way to their target.
India A 281 for 7 (Pujara 122*, Mukund 50) beat Scotland 129 (Kulkarni 5-29, Abdulla 3-21) by 152 runs scorecard
^ True that. I mean we are such a vast country with so many grounds. It should certainly be possible to have different kind of pitches across the country. Lets just pick a handful of grounds and designate them as Test centres. For eg : Mohali' date=' Eden Garden, Chepauk, Wankhede and I don't know may be another 3 big centre - Bangalore, another one at Mumbai perhaps and Kotla. Fix them as our permanent Test centres. Develop different kind of pitches as suits them, pace perhaps at Mohali, spin at Chennai and similarly others. The rest of the other grounds- your Kochis, Ahmedabads, Cuttaks, etc should host ODIs.[/quote'] Read the thread here: http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=191874&highlight=Ranji+serving+its+purpose Please tell me how you find my idea of having the FC grounds for main FC teams.