Should Rahul Dravid retire now???

don't think you will find any takers for that statement. he could have retired a while ago when he was still on a high' date=' but he is far from a cancer, not as reliable as he was sure, may be just waiting to be convinced that there are able replacements before he abandons ship.[/quote'] he is a cancer. plz explain to me why he is still in the team. look at his contribution in matches india have WON in last 3 years: http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/28114.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=start;result=1;spanmax1=14+Oct+2010;spanmin1=14+Oct+2007;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting;view=innings batting average of barely 40! LOLOLOL take out the useless 111 not out against the mighty banglardesh and it drops to below 40. whats the point of carrying him in the team when he contributes nothing dravid needs to retire. currently its like india is playing with ONE MAN LES when draivd is in the team. he is free wkt at times
that might well be true. i have always thought about dravid and how he keeps up this 'clean' image of being a good guy and what not. its all a facade, IMO. i think he is really shady. every1 knows how he selfishly wanted the captaincy when chappell was made coach and now its clear that he obviously wants to play for as long as possible so he doesnt lose his bank of baroda endorsement deal...with the indian selection committee being from the same zone, he is gonna be getting plenty of chances even if he doesnt score. he is becoming like a cancer for the indian team, and dhoni needsa to become a surgeon and cut him out with a scalepl
Except this Part i dont beleive in what this post says.

india has recently won many games chasing big scores in 4th innings and making big scores in 3rd innings what is mr. cancer's contribution in these CRUCIAL innings? lets take a look http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/28114.html?class=1;filter=advanced;innings_number=3;innings_number=4;orderby=start;result=1;spanmax1=14+Oct+2010;spanmin1=14+Oct+2007;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting;view=innings batting average of 22.37 ayone still think this cancer is wortha place in the team? its clear ihs connections are keeping hihim in. but the fans should know BETTER!!!!

Well' date= Kumble was the last guy (may be the only guy) who retired when still on a high. most of our greats including Kapil typically keep playing well beyond their best, so nothing different in case of RD either. I personally like the Mcgrath, Warne approach where you quit early not only for your own legacy, rather mainly to make room for youngsters who are practically jobless till these guys decide to move.
I think Sourav Retired on a High too. He had a decent series against Aus, Scored a Ton. Was our highest Runscorer in 2007. Wasnt it?

I don't know why you are pulling his performances in N different ways. It has been mediocre for sure for 3 years now. He is still in the team cause people hope (like they did with tendulkar during his 2004 days) that he will regain his form and be able to contribute at least till we find able replacements. I personally think he should have retired when he saw his performances were dipping, apparently he and the selectors think otherwise.

I don't know why you are pulling his performances in N different ways. It has been mediocre for sure for 3 years now. He is still in the team cause people hope (like they did with tendulkar during his 2004 days) that he will regain his form and be able to contribute at least till we find able replacements. I personally think he should have retired when he saw his performances were dipping, apparently he and the selectors think otherwise.
its not just last 3 years, its last 4, maybe even 5 years. whats disappointing is that this man has no shame to retire on his own. he should know, especially NO W, that its time for him to leave. but being the superstar indian cricketer he is, with a big bank of baroda endorsement deal, he NEEDS TO KEEP PLAYING. this is wrong at least tendulkar had a really bad elbow injury so ppl knew that the guy wasnt healthy. but this isnt the case with dravid, who is healthy and is just sucking balls in every game if ppl always thought dravid was a nice guy and a good sportsman, they must be thinking they are wrong now becaus the mytth has been shattered. he is basically being a selfish guy looking out for himself only
Yea since he was pissed after getting dropped for the second time.
When was he dropped after getting into the side in 2006? He was dropped from ODi's back in Jan 2008. He announced his Retirement before the Aus series in October. Care to clarify?
When was he dropped after getting into the side in 2006? He was dropped from ODi's back in Jan 2008. He announced his Retirement before the Aus series in October. Care to clarify?
You are right, not sure why I thought otherwise. I think there was talk of him being dropped for the Aussie series and even Ganguly mentioned he was surprised he was picked.
You are right' date=' not sure why I thought otherwise. I think there was talk of him being dropped for the Aussie series and even Ganguly mentioned he was surprised he was picked.[/quote'] I dont know why he would have been dropped. IIRC he had one bad series against SL in SL since his comeback in which everyone except Sehwag failed. Plus i dont think he would have been dropped for someone like Yuvraj Singh.

manny and outy, good stuff. He is truly one selfish cricketer who cares about personal records and endorsements and does not deserve to play for Bengaluru, forget India. When will the selectors realize that we need aggressive batsman like Yuvraj Singh & Yusuf Pathan against Steyn & Co ?

I dont know why he would have been dropped. IIRC he had one bad series against SL in SL since his comeback in which everyone except Sehwag failed. Plus i dont think he would have been dropped for someone like Yuvraj Singh.
I agree. He's been one of the most consistent performers barring that failure (as everyone did) in SL series. since his return.