Want to get in shape for summer? Join in...

Lurker

Wow' date=' any before and after pics?[/quote'] actually here is story till 30 april i live in hostel there is no need to go anywhere for food. so i become fat from 1 may i take a room in rent,i have walk 1 km for taking dinner and lunch. thats make me loose weight. i also eat less food in hotel, it have not taste like hostel food. :embarassed:

HELP !!! I am trying to strengthen my CORE but the exercises I do end up hurting my back. At the moment, I am concentrating a lot on the cardio exercises (treadmills, cross trainers etc) and than plan on moving to the CORE exercises once I built my strength to pa particular level ---- Is this the right way to go about it. Lurker bhai, please help :pray:

holyyyy rahul yaar tu aadmi hai ya ghajni!? this workout routine with that much weight is off the hook dawg!! you must be shredded...way to go. I agree with your changes man....imma look for a decline/incline bench. Shoulders look similar to yours, shoulder press, front raise, bradford press, side lateral raise, upright rows. Legs...I'm doing plyometric routines, check out www.jumpoutthegym.com Thanks for looking over bro! Imma do this for about 8 weeks then switch up. Also if you want a six pack....i suggest this video called hip hop abs. There's a torrent available...it is GAY, in the sense that it's all dance moves....but it shreds you. I noticed immediate results within about 10, enough to give me a 2 pack. With more work I'll get six lol...but that's not the ultimate goal of course.
Hows the progress coming along Shehezaada... Getting some resultss??..... lol, I'm cutting down on heavier weights now. Some of my friends actually think that I kinda look scary now.. so I am not gona add more weights and will do more reps with lower weights... lol, I played cricket after 4-5 months and I cudnt rotate my arm properly...my action is actually becoming like Malinga now lol

Have been going to the gym for the past 5-6 months now. I think it's time I start taking protein shakes. Any ideas for good ones? Edit: planning to buy one of this: http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/en/category.jsp?trail=5003%3Acat10255%3A8002%3A10.00-20.00&catId=cat10255&type=category&pageNum=0
First ensure what is you protein requirement (will depend on your lean mass - weight, body fat%) and how much of it you are getting from your regular diet. Try to get as much protein from your normal diet - mainly - eggs, meat, milk. Even after that, if you need to take protein shake (would be after or during workout) - pick up any good whey protein - Optimum nutrition, weider etc. - and mix with oats or juice or even simple dextrose.
Protein Shakes are a waste of money' date=' I prefer steak.[/quote'] Protein supplements are not exactly waste of money, you cant carry bottles of steak everywhere / everytime. So its matter of convenience, requirement, preference and timing. Besides, not every Indian 'can' eat steaks, and in my area its not even economical to get good steaks on daily basis :(

Good luck with the help & wait :icflove: I'll give you one suggestion, don't start eating any whey protien or any other crap like Creatine..I know few people who took them regularly and they all became bald very quickly....unless you don't care about a good hairline :winky:
nonsense. Creatine and whey are one of the safest supplements (They are there in natural diet also, albeit low amount). There are many other factors which combine together to accelerate balding. Perhaps your friends were taking(abusing) Prohormones /steroids.

Have been going to the gym for the past 5-6 months now. I think it's time I start taking protein shakes. Any ideas for good ones? Edit: planning to buy one of this: http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/en/category.jsp?trail=5003%3Acat10255%3A8002%3A10.00-20.00&catId=cat10255&type=category&pageNum=0
Good job bro!!.. From what I remember from ur pic, u have a wide structure so its good thaat u will easily put on good mass and strength... I know 6th to 12th month in the gym is the best time cuz thats when u actually start seeing resultss in a big way by ur self... after a year, growth is relatively slower so u wont know if u r growing bigger till someone tells u.. Congratulations u have passed the biggest hurdle of first 6 months and m sure u will be continuing it for rest of ur life... btw regarding protein shake, if you are buying one, don't buy a cheap one.. go to a store and talk to the guy.. he will tell u difference(its better if u listen to him than some1 on net as everyone is gonna give u different opinions) but go for a good p.shake if u r first timer... I know people recommend Creatine, but I wont suggest u.... Diet is important and make sure to get ur proteins n vitamins.. .Natural food is always the best.. If u r vegeterian and need some suggestions on what to eat, let me know...

It's funny though. I used to be a hardcore nonveg till about 6 months ago when I decided to become a vegeterian. Ever since that, I haven't looked back. I'm gonna buy one of this soon: http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/en/query.jsp?x=0&y=0&q=whey+100&intsource2=main&tab_selection=vitamins Oh yeah, I have lost about 17-18 pounds in the last 6 months.
Respect bro!!:icflove: The reason I never had meat was that I know I don't have self control so won't be able to give it up.. but u did the reverse... Kudos bro and I hope more people do what u did :two_thumbs_up:... Regarding the new shake u mentioned, looks good man(my friend uses the same) and way better than what u were thinking of earlier.. again a sidetip, heavy weights don't matter... Its the technique.. I almost screwed up my back in my first year of gyming as all I wanted to lift was heavy n never worried about my positioning... as a bowler, I lost my pace and couldnt even bowl for 2 months...... but later I realized with proper guidance that technique gets u strength... Didn't have any back problem in last 3 years and now I actuallly lift heavy weights with ease... My current stats for basic exercises are ... Chest press- 200 pounds( 3 Sets, 8 reps) Biscep curl -45 pounds( 3 Sets, 8 reps)