Want to get in shape for summer? Join in...

Lurker

As Lurker's achieved his target weight of 90 kg, so have I. For the first time in nearly two decades, I weigh 67 kg again. It feels good.
O.K, here are the results of my summmer slim-down programme. Starting weight: 178 lbs ( March - 08) Target weight: 158 lbs ( By Aug 08, that is about 4 lbs/month, which is the recommended weight loss rate). Right now at 162 lbs, but problem is, I have been stuck in this weight for the last 3 weeks, despite continuing my exercise/diet regimen. I really cant seem to place why. I now have a waist-line of 30 inches, want to get it to 28. :D The bad news is, all of my pants are too lose! :haha:
Good on you guys. :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:

There was a time .... when I was 5'7" 155 and fit in 29" Levi 501s. Had 11% body fat. Fast forward 6 years -- Kids happened. Mom started visiting for 2 months at a time. In-laws started visiting for 6 months at a time. Now, I am 180 lbs, barely fit in 34" Wranglers and am guessing have 25 - 30% body fat. And I am still 5'7" I should stop posting and go for a run .... maybe tomorrow :-)!!
11% bf is mighty good. That would actually serve you very well. Muscles have this "muscle memory" wherein they retain how they used to be. So even if you may not get entirely 11%(you can do better theoretically but with kids, work, age etc it is extremely hard) you should be able to get it easily around the 14-15% range.

What kind of streching do you do to gain height?
Hey FBM...basic stretches every day... http://grow-taller-secret.blogspot.com/2007/06/how-to-grow-taller-with-yoga-part-1.html http://grow-taller-secret.blogspot.com/2007/12/best-stretching-exercises-to-increase.html http://www.healthdab.com/2007/09/30/exercises-to-increase-height/ also hanging from the metal bar, biking, and go to youtube for some more yoga tips. I'm actually really impressed by all this and I've gained 2 inches since i've started doing this. I started right after I turned 20, in June 08, as 5'7. I'm now almost 5'9 as of December 08. Accoring to many men generally stop growing at 25. But even then...you can do yoga to increase your posture, so you can gain height that way as well. Above all keep a positive mind set. Many people, including our resident doctor, have doubted me but I just use that as motivation to beat them. Where there is the will, there is a way. Best of luck!

Hey FBM...basic stretches every day... http://grow-taller-secret.blogspot.com/2007/06/how-to-grow-taller-with-yoga-part-1.html http://grow-taller-secret.blogspot.com/2007/12/best-stretching-exercises-to-increase.html http://www.healthdab.com/2007/09/30/exercises-to-increase-height/ also hanging from the metal bar, biking, and go to youtube for some more yoga tips. I'm actually really impressed by all this and I've gained 2 inches since i've started doing this. I started right after I turned 20, in June 08, as 5'7. I'm now almost 5'9 as of December 08. Accoring to many men generally stop growing at 25. But even then...you can do yoga to increase your posture, so you can gain height that way as well. Above all keep a positive mind set. Many people, including our resident doctor, have doubted me but I just use that as motivation to beat them. Where there is the will, there is a way. Best of luck!
How can biking increase height???????

supposedly makes your legs longer? If you increase the height of the seat. Also it's good exercise, cuz I hate running. I have fat pockets on my stomach and love handles which are pretty disgusting. I need to get rid of them!
Tell me about it- itne saal flat stomach ke bad now I can see the belly and love handles Its disgusting!!

Lurker, time for restart the thread - although we're a fair bit into the summer, I guess. Around 170 lbs, 5'10"-ish. I'm not fat I guess but what would you suggest to reduce my slightly increasing paunch (from my flat stomach last year :(( ). I'm presently running about 1.5 miles a day (on a treadmill, and i've never been a big fan of running. :-/ ) + doing the elliptical (for about 15 minutes at the highest incline - not sure how to quantify it) + doing the rowing thing (10+ minutes everyday) + ab exercises.Just started this routine about 2 weeks ago though. And have been a little off and on. Diet: For breakfast, its been generally cereal with soy milk/ 1 bagle + apple For lunch, a decent sized plate of either upma or some type of rice For dinner, same as lunch Eat a lot of carrots, fruits in between. Help :pray:

Been working out from last 1 and half years.. 5 days a week...2 hours each day in Gym... Have got proper Chest, Bisceps, Back and Shoulders but 6 packs kaa doorr door tak naam nahi... I have given up on 6 packs... .I mix abs like everyday but no results for packs... I guess its just that I love Food and drinking too much Milk doesnt help me either...I am just happy with my flat stomatch

Lurker, time for restart the thread - although we're a fair bit into the summer, I guess. Around 170 lbs, 5'10"-ish. I'm not fat I guess but what would you suggest to reduce my slightly increasing paunch (from my flat stomach last year :(( ). I'm presently running about 1.5 miles a day (on a treadmill, and i've never been a big fan of running. :-/ ) + doing the elliptical (for about 15 minutes at the highest incline - not sure how to quantify it) + doing the rowing thing (10+ minutes everyday) + ab exercises.Just started this routine about 2 weeks ago though. And have been a little off and on. Diet: For breakfast, its been generally cereal with soy milk/ 1 bagle + apple For lunch, a decent sized plate of either upma or some type of rice For dinner, same as lunch Eat a lot of carrots, fruits in between. Help :pray:
5ft 10 and 170 lbs is not bad. The good news is that you only have to lose about 5-10 lbs tops. The bad news is often it is more difficult to lose the last 5-10. You mentioned some cardio(all good by the way) but you did not mention the time. I personally receive the best results when I do fasted cardio; cardion early in the morning when I have not had anything for 6-8 hours. You can pop in a caffein tablet, or a Red Bull(Diet) to drag you out of the bed and onto the treadmill. Sometimes people workout in the evenings when they have had a meal about 2-3 hours back, which means they typically burn the calorie of the meal rather than the stored bodyfat. I would recommend you give fasted cardio a shot. Just do what you are doing but on an empty stomach. Also I will cut down down on rice before night. Dont cut it all 7 days a week but start with upma/rice on 4 days a week and 3 weeks have some veggies(raw/steamed/boiled). You may also want to add some protein(cottage cheese, beans etc) in the evenings. Just make sure you don't have too much rice on the 4 days that you are gonna have it. xxx