There's something wrong with dogs around the world right now

King

What could cause this? I hate dogs and this kinda news is just icing on the cake, ppl care about their pets more than human beings here in Canada
When I was a grad student, there was this girl who asked me if I liked cats. I said "No, and I don't even like dogs." And she goes "You look like a nice-enough guy ... how can you not like animals?" To this day, I fail to see the connection between being a nice guy and not liking cats/dogs.

I don't hate dogs. I hate dog-lovers or dog-people they proudly call themselves. First of all they parade around these wild animals with a retractable leash and when the dog is about to pounce on you and kill you, they lock the leash and then claim..he won't do anything, WTF..he just did something...he almost killed me.... In my complex, a dog went out of control and attacked my 2 year old son. The owner claimed that the dog never did it before. So, WTF..he almost maimed my son..what do we do about it before he eats the next kid...I hate dog-owners. They should know that we live in a society where other humans live. These dogs also...they know if somebody doesn't like them. They keep barking at me all the time.:cantstop:

I was about to bump this thread couple of days ago but the picture was so cruel I didn't want to but now I reckon people should be aware of the consequences of moods of dogs at times and the dog's predator abilities in particular against a smaller frame human beings (kids) This can be terrifying but it's a fact and there is no point shying away from facing this. Let's face it dogs can be lethal and there seems to be a global pattern in these do attacks. It is so sad a 2 year old girl was mauled by the dog. The little girl's life's changed for ever and unfortunately it won't be easy for the little girl to get over the trauma. 290 stitches in the face for a wee girl :sad_smile: I won't blame the dog but blame the bloody owner. What is the freakin need to keep a pet that cannot be controlled. If anyone suggest to me dogs are "Safe as" after this one I would look at him suspiciously. :angry_smile: Man saves girl from mauling dog By PHIL HAMILTON and ARWEN HANN - The Press | Tuesday, 7 August 2007

315025.jpg STACY SQUIRES/The Press CONDITION STABLE: Aotea Coxon required 290 stitches and a metal plate in her jaw after the attack. Police are hailing the heroism of Christchurch man Peter Macintosh for saving the life of a two-year-old girl being mauled by a dog in Jellie Park. Attack dogs "loaded guns waiting to go off" The girl, Aotea Coxon, was rushed to Christchurch Hospital for seven hours of facial surgery, which included having a plate inserted in her jaw and 290 stitches after the attack by the staffordshire-terrier cross on Sunday. She was in a stable condition yesterday. Senior Sergeant Peter Stills, of the Papanui police, said the dog could have killed Aotea. "He (Macintosh) has done a fantastic job. We couldn't thank him enough," Stills said. "He's risked injury to himself, especially with a dog so powerful." Aotea's parents allowed the media to photograph her in hospital yesterday but declined to comment. The dog was destroyed yesterday, with the permission of its owners, who live next to the park. At lunchtime on Sunday, Aotea was playing at Jellie Park in Burnside with three other children, aged between four and nine. Macintosh, a golf course supervisor who was at the park with his eight-year-old son and 14-year-old daughter, said his daughter screamed out that a dog was attacking children on the other side of the park's lake. "She said, `Run, Dad, run'. I took off around the lake and realised the dog had clamped his mouth around the wee girl's face," Macintosh said. "It was at the stage where it was trying to shake her around. "I jumped on the dog and realised I wasn't going to get his jaws open, so I dug my fingers into its windpipe to choke it and make it let go, which it eventually did." After getting someone else to control the dog, Macintosh administered first aid to the girl, applying pressure to her wounds until an ambulance arrived. "I carried her to the ambulance and I was virtually holding half her face together," he said. "I could feel her trying to move her jaw and could hear her jaw bones grinding together." Barry Maguire said he and his wife, Lynda, were walking in the park when they heard Aotea's screams and saw Macintosh running. "I heard the screams first but didn't think anything of it. Then I saw him running and I realised something was wrong," Maguire said. "I ran over and tried to help choke the dog to get it to release the girl, and my wife was hitting it. When we finally managed to get the dog off, Lynda took the girl up to a park bench while I tried to calm down the other kids who were there." Maguire said another man then kept control of the dog while Macintosh gave the girl first aid. "He (Macintosh) was very brave going in there first like that," Maguire said. "Without him, I don't know what would have happened." Macintosh said Aotea had seven hours of surgery and had a plate inserted in her jaw, which was broken in the attack, along with an eye socket. "She will need surgery for years to come. "I don't want to contemplate what would have happened if I wasn't there," he said. He said the dog's owner did not appear to realise what had happened until he saw his dog, which he thought was safely in his yard, in a police dog control van. "The section was well-fenced, and apparently they have an 18-month-old who plays with the dog on a regular basis," Macintosh said. Senior Constable Rob Fraser said there had been no previous complaints about the dog. "They're a respectable couple with kids and there have been no incidents prior to this," Fraser said. "They are pretty distraught, and as soon as the dog had done that they were quite happy to sign off for it to be destroyed." Stills said the dog was registered but not wearing a collar, and the owners were likely to be charged for a "top of the scale" attack. "They have an obligation to ensure the dog doesn't attack anyone ... It's not a jailable offence but (could attract) a fairly substantial fine."

Ravi I blame the owners for not controlling their kutas. There are so many owners who make their dogs even more aggressive by treating them like shi.t. Parents who let their little kids play with huge dogs are NUTS! Btw I do like b.itches but I am more a puss.y loving kind of guy :shades_smile: