Is anyone here missing Lalit Modi?

RamP

Is anyone in the forum missing Lalit Modi? The very obvious and most visible difference I see between this tournament and the previous IPLs and CL is the striking absence of Lalit Modi. No speeches, no camera zooming on LM (obviously busy tweeting using his smartphone) every alternate over and no beaming smiles. Does anyone in the forum miss Mr. Modi? I have a question as well. Was Modi's role so important in organizing the IPLs and CL? If yes, who is playing that role in this year's CL? If someone has replaced him then he should also be as important as what Modi was. Yet that man is nowhere to be seen. Cameras dont zoom in on him once every 2 overs. So, was it the TV production companies that made Modi to look like larger than life god father of T20 tournaments? Or was it Modi who instructed/threatened/cajoled/whatever the tv channels to show him in the lime light? What was it?

Its been only 4 months since LM's departure and look what the Babu's have turned the format into. Babu's are good only at Babugiri, not running pro leagues. CLT20 is going down and the open differences between the franchises and the overtly self-important BCCI officials is goinna take the IPL down the same road.

His absence has not been felt yet. But it is very likely it will be soon when the IPL starts with our inexperienced and unprofessional new IPL team leading. And if there is more interference, the next IPL could really turn similar to CWG, of course not to that extreme.

Not missing at all to be frank.. this time CL T20 is a lot better with no unwanted advertisements and with better coordination ... also the crowds are a huge keeping in mind that they it is taking place in SA .. last were non-IPL team games were not getting crowds whereas all matches had good crowd till now .. I would say this edition is a lot bigger success with all the extra crap removed and without seeing L Modi a hundred times with his blackberry on the camera .. LOL