Subramaniam Badrinath

thevortex

@OP - Unfair to say he's got enough chances. I think you've not seen how many chances Rohit Sharma has got, he's played almost 60 ODI's to show his worth. And mind you he has to be consistent, he scored 2 back to back centuries last year too but had a lame period again. Why should Badri be judged based on 4 ODI's, 1 T20?

Have you actually watched him bat in tests/ODIs/FC or is your support purely based on looking at his domestic stats?
Not domestic, but in IPL most of us saw, he has a very good technique and more often than not bailed CSK out from the poor starts. He needs to be given enough chance, like 2-3 series irrespective of his performances and then sack him if he fails. I was gutted when I saw he got dropped for 5th ODI, Rohit should've been rested instead as he already proved his worth in the series. Badrinath needed chance. I can't believe players like Yusuf pathan and Ravi Jadeja have played so many games but Badrinath needs to be sacked just because of 4 ODI's. People forgot his match winning innings in T20.

End of the Road for Badri? Possible that Dhoni will go with Kohli,considering Badrinath is 32 and the tours. ahead Not selected for England tour. may be selected for WI series but wont play Wont be selected for Aus tour. Everyone thought he would go the mike hussey way? But think he is going the Brad Hodge way.... Is this end of the road for Badri ?

Probably and the fact is that he didn't take his chances. Not good enough at the end of the day.
If he was given the same chances as Everyones favourite poster boy Rohit Sharma he might have taken his chances..... 4 tests is not enough to judge a player. Going by your Argument Virat Kohli has had his chances ,so it is the end of the road for him too.

Watching Badri bat is enough to know that he isn't good enough. The guy can't get the ball off the square if the ball is bowled at a decent pace and he is clueless if it is short. This has been the case in both tests and ODIs. If we go by domestic stats only, then JP Yadav and Jogi should have opened the bowling for India. Doda Ganesh and David Johnson also didn't get enough opportunities imo. They should have played atleast 50 tests.

He'll always be in the reckoning for a place in the national team purely based on his domestic record. He may not have looked comfortable at the international stage, but not many do in their first few games. Like most players, he too should be given a fair run at the top before being shown the door.

He'll always be in the reckoning for a place in the national team purely based on his domestic record. He may not have looked comfortable at the international stage' date=' but not many do in their first few games. Like most players, he too should be given a fair run at the top before being shown the door.[/quote'] How many games would you recommend and who would you drop from the 1st 11 to play Badrinath?

I don't think so. I am not a big Badri fan, but as a human I feel for him and hope he get some chance later and is not discarded because of his age. Important tours end this year like tour to Australia and England. There will be plenty of series next year where the greats might want to take rest, and hopefully he will get some chance.

Yep, probably is. Yuvraj is back for England, Pujara will recover from his injury at some point and Kohli will get more chances despite his poor start to Test cricket. There is also Rohit Sharma lingering, so pretty tough for Badri to make a comeback. Can't complain though - he got his chances and simply wasn't good enough.