Zal Irani Cup, 2010-11

Why didnt they enforce follow on:dontknow:
Simple! ROI already has a first innings lead and if this match is a draw, which it is most likely going to be, then ROI wins based on their first innings lead. With this rule, why would you want to sweat it out in the heat when you can sit and relax in the pavilion and make the opposition chase the leather. And thirdly, it gives Yuvi a second chance to score some runs here and he chose to come before Badrinath at #3 ;-) He has to fight out the early morning tomorrow though. Can he do it ?
Simple! ROI already has a first innings lead and if this match is a draw' date=' which it is most likely going to be, then ROI wins based on their first innings lead. With this rule, why would you want to sweat it out in the heat when you can sit and relax in the pavilion and make the opposition chase the leather. And thirdly, it gives Yuvi a second chance to score some runs here and he chose to come before Badrinath at #3 ;-) [b'] He has to fight out the early morning tomorrow though. Can he do it ?
Million dollar question :cantstop:
Simple! ROI already has a first innings lead and if this match is a draw' date= which it is most likely going to be, then ROI wins based on their first innings lead. With this rule, why would you want to sweat it out in the heat when you can sit and relax in the pavilion and make the opposition chase the leather. And thirdly, it gives Yuvi a second chance to score some runs here and he chose to come before Badrinath at #3 ;-) He has to fight out the early morning tomorrow though. Can he do it ?
i completely forgot that:dance:

Rahane - very elegant and graceful in his shots. Really good driver..simple effective movements against the pacers- a bit like Tendulkar. Rohit was going well until a ripper from Chawla squared up him up and was he was castled. @Dhawal, I guess everybody knows that he's a medium pacer but I think he can be useful if India takes a 3 pace attack in good conditions - can seam/swing the ball a bit. Maybe he can be like Zaheer/Asif but too early to say that. He can surely bowl a lot of overs as he bowled 36 overs in the first innings. P.S: All these performances are relative of/c

Yuvi could well have given his test career a fresh lease of life with this timely knock. VVS is indisposed, most likely will not be fit for the 2nd test. I don't think the team management would like to groom Pujara vs the Aussies in the 2nd test. I see Yuvi playing instead of VVS in Bangalore , i.e. If VVS is really declared unfit for the 2nd test. In any case, it augurs well for India. He will raring to go during the ODIs.

Yuvraj complets his 200. Will he continue to bat on or will the innings be declared? 29 overs still remaining' date=' maybe bat for another 6-7 overs and give his bowler about 110 overs to bowl Mumbai out for an outright win.[/quote'] Why would you bat 7-8 more overs? They have a lead of 781, there is no way anyone is chasing that down in 4 sessions
You really think hr needs 500 + runs to win? why didnt he follow on..if this is some way to get attention then he has lost it Very disgusted by yuvraj
As I've mentioned before, ROI has already won the match and the second innings or enforcing the follow on is merely academic in the context of the match result. I can see where you are coming from and its the normal question one would raise- why not enforce the follow on. In an ideal match, the captain would enforce the follow on. Its also quite clear why the follow-on wasnt enforced as well. Let's look at this way, are people especially the selectors going to care or remember if Yuvraj the captain leads his team to victory with an outright win or a first innings lead win OR how much runs Yuvraj the batsman would've scored. It is clearly the latter. Having missed out in the first innings, and under the scanner of the selectors and media, he clearly seized the opportunity as the captain and used it to his advantage and scored a double century. Call it selfish or whatever, with this knock what Yuvi has stated is hi, dont forget about me altogether