Zal Irani Cup, 2010-11

Guest Shivani
Mukund vs Murali Vijay: Any comparisons? Salil used to say Abinav Mukund was a better batsman than M.Vijay. But not having watched A.M. its hard to say. They both (AM and MV) open for Tamil Nadu, and I've heard good things abt AM. But not sure why MV was preferred by Cheeka?
AM is good but MV's cricketing shots are classic! :hail:

See MV and Mukund are both good as an opening pair.I have not seen much of Mukund but whatever little i have seen, he doesn't convince me as an opener.he may do well on paatas, but not a long term prospect.Vijay on the other hand, is the same, i don't trust his technique much.He may well prove me wrong in the chances he gets, and i will be more than happy to be proven wrong.

Mukund vs Murali Vijay: Any comparisons? Salil used to say Abinav Mukund was a better batsman than M.Vijay. But not having watched A.M. its hard to say. They both (AM and MV) open for Tamil Nadu, and I've heard good things abt AM. But not sure why MV was preferred by Cheeka?
That was because Ganguly recommended MV to Cheeka(they were on the same team against New Zealand A i think), also he had played more matches and more experienced than Mukund.
That was because Ganguly recommended MV to Cheeka(they were on the same team against New Zealand A i think)' date= also he had played more matches and more experienced than Mukund.
Oh, thanks for that info DH, I did not know abt Dada's reco. Experience, yes. Mukund is only 20 yrs now, so he will be around for a while.

Yup, just saw the Yuvi dismissal. We need him to get form before Worldcup, so he needs to be playing a lot more domestics during the Ind-NZ Test series as well. He'll play the 3 ODIs vs Aus, but not sure if he is going to do well. Somehow he needs to get the form and fitness, or the WC2011 is going to be a pipe dream.

Np speed guns for the Irani match on Neo. Have to say, all Dhawal did was get an inch or two of swing and that had the batsmen in trouble. Was really impressed with Unadkat's short spell. Mithun also bowled well. Yadav came on for 2 overs, but was lacking any rhtyhm. He does have the pace but no swing and bowls at a line and length not suitable for these wickets. Was trying to bang the ball onto the surface to get some bounce, but couldn't do much. Such a pity they have to play on these dead pitches where there is nothing for them. And then we complain why do we keep losing our talented bowlers. WHo would want to be a pacer on such dead wickets. Another jarring thing was the standard of fielding. Extremely poor effor on the field from both the sides.

Bcci Doesn'e Consider Performances In Domestic

Big season this for the likes of Mukund, Rahane and Pujara. Whichever one of them starts off best may be looking at a test cap around the time NZ visit IMO. I am intrigued to see who steps up in terms of spin. Powar had a very hit-or-miss season last time, really needs some consistency here if he is going to try and challenge the likes of Ojha and Bhajji for a test spot. I am not convinced at all by Ashwin, and really hope we see some other young spinners make a push. If Ashwin gets a test cap, we may as well just call up Aashish Kapoor. :headshake: More later.
Well i have never seen bcci giving chance to a player who has performed realy well in indian domestics. Have u ? They only give chances to players of the zones who belongs to the selection panel other wise badrinath always scores runs for his team bt never got chance in 15 member squad so FGET IT MAN.