Ranji Trophy 2010-11: Super League

ROUND UP, DAY 1 Baroda vs UP Looks like Baroda will have another outright victory in this round too if they bat even slightly sensibly. They have blown UP away for just 190 runs, seams doing the job in the first session and then Yusuf Pathan taking over in 2ns and 3rd session. Munaf has taken 4 wickets while Y Pathan has got 5 wickets. Grim picture for UP as most of its batsmen failed, with captain Kaif falling fpr a duck! Baroda has started positively with being 59/1 at stumps. Bengal vs Assam Bengal had 5 wickets down for just 126 in which only Manoj Tiwari had scored 50 runs as a substantial score. Bur from there they have somewhat recovered through the unbroken partenership of Saha and Shukla who are on 60 and 75 currently at stumps with Bengal being at 257/5. Abu Nachim has taken one wicket. Delhi vs Gujarat Delhi has a golden opportunity for outright victory here as they've bowled out Gujarat for a meagre 71 runs in just 23.4 overs. Only three Guj bats reached two figures. Narwal took 3, Suyal 4 and Sangwan 3. Delhi didn't need to use the 4th bowler. They've started positively in batting with score being 39/0 at stumps. Karnataka vs Haryana Only 30 overs of game was possible on a rain curtailed day when Karnataka scored 84/3. Uthappa and Pandey are at crease batting on 36 and 3 respectively. All 3 wickets have been taken by Joginder Sharma. HP vs Punjab Himachal scored 256/4 in 90 overs with Indulkar and Dohra slamming half tons. Gony, Jaskaran and Yuvraj have taken a wicket apiece! Mumbai vs Railways Mumbai bowled Railways out in 71 overs for just 201 runs despite having severly depleted attack. Only P Awasthi could manage a half century from Railways. Raje took 3, Powar 2 and Abdullah 4 wickets for Mumbai. Mumbai are batting at 42/1 at stumps. TamilNadu vs Saurashtra TN are in a strong position at the end of Day one, batting at 242/2 with Mukund still unbeaten on 102 and Arun Karthik dismissed on 107.

Kulamani Parida-The last straw, and the retirement anir.jpg The veteran Railways offspinner Kulamani Parida was cautioned for a suspect action last year, and didn't play a game after that until Assam came to the Karnail Singh Stadium last week. However, in what appeared to be the last straw, he was called again during his only over in the second innings, and promptly announced his retirement after the match ended. It was a sad end for a man who was once thought deserving of an India cap. "It was tough for me to change my action at this stage. I tried but failed. I will miss the Railways dressing room," an emotional Parida told the Hindu. The tributes flowed in, his captain Murali Kartik called him "internally flawless", his coach Abhay Sharma said the entire team was feeling sad, and Assam captain Amol Muzumdar told him to "look at the match-winning spells" he had bowled, and "go out on a high." poor/sad end of his carrier BCCI :finger:

UP vs Baroda is going on television where UP is batting first and has lost early wickets. Match is taking place at Vadodara and pitch looks well rolled out. No sight of Irfan Pathan as yet. Wonder where is he and which injury is he recovering from! Baroda team: Pinal Shah to lead Baroda against UP VADODARA: Wicketkeeper batsman Pinal Shah will lead Baroda during the Elite division Group B Ranji Trophy match against Uttar Pradesh. The match will be played at the Motibaug ground from November 17-20, the Baroda Cricket Association said in a release. The team: Pinal Shah (Capt., WK), Yusuf Pathan (V.Capt.), Connor Williams, Ambati Rayudu, Munaf Patel, Rakesh Solanki, Jaikishan Kolsawala, Murtuja Vahora, Ajitesh Argal, Kedar Devdhar, Sankalp Vohra, Swapnil Singh, Utkarsh Patel, Bhargav Bhatt and Abhijit Karambelkar. Coach Mukesh Narula. No Irfan! Sigh!!!
I think Irfan will be back in baroda's next game, I heard hi interview two months ago in which he said that it will take him two more months to get his match fitness back.

i was a munaf fan when i saw him bowl his first test and take 5 wickets..he bowled accurate yorkers and at 145 K... he has till now never bowled as good as then ....He is one bowler who slowed do from 145 k to 127K at such a great pace.... i still feel he can bowl fast as i also bowled fast when i was 20 and i could stretch and reach there, but this guy is one who has slowed down and does not want to improve his speed....can u guys justify his slow down of pace...Vishal

i was a munaf fan when i saw him bowl his first test and take 5 wickets..he bowled accurate yorkers and at 145 K... he has till now never bowled as good as then ....He is one bowler who slowed do from 145 k to 127K at such a great pace.... i still feel he can bowl fast as i also bowled fast when i was 20 and i could stretch and reach there, but this guy is one who has slowed down and does not want to improve his speed....can u guys justify his slow down of pace...Vishal
i think someone guide him to bowl with slow pace,

From what I've seen so far the catching especially in the slips has been quite poor and so has been the umpiring as well. Balls pitching outside leg, inside edges, and off the thighpads have all been given outs. It is a bit concerning when each innings is important for some of the fringe players. Btw, Narendra Hirwani, the West Zone selector, was at the Baroda/UP game and with the ODI team to be announced in a couple of days, Yusuf Pathan has a good chance.

Vinay Kumar didn't take cue and has included both Joshi and UB Patel (Brijesh Patel's son). The debut opener Rahul has been dropped for a 5th bowler. Hopefully the bowler deliver another match.
Yeah, Rahul had a good start. Unfortunate to miss out. Meanwhile Unmukt Chand (Delhi) and Mandeep Singh (Punjab) both making their debuts after coming from the final of the Vinoo Mankad tournament.