Bollywood thrilled by Endhiran

fineleg

As I posted in the other Enthiran thread http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=1179911&postcount=190 Sujatha originally wrote the story 10 or so years ago with Kamal in mind, Shankar wanted to do the movie with Kamal, it was just fate that Rajini landed the role. As a hardcore Rajini fan, this movie is not what I expect from a Rajini movie - in fact there is nothing in this movie for ir to be called a Rajini movie. A real Rajini movie is Annamalai, Baasha, Sivaji and its ilk - Rajini has an intro song, punch dialogues et all, heck even Chandramukhi had an intro song for Rajini. Rajini is bigger then Shankar and will sell that is the only reason this movie has been hyped as a Rajini movie. For a real Rajini fan this movie will be a disappointment.
Gunner - the film just does not have enough in it for somebody like Kamal to pull it through. What is the script? How good is the screenplay? I know a lot of people have very high regards for Sujatha and his works. But tell me this. Have you read Asimov and Clarke and then have you read Sujatha? Tell me you dont see any similarity! With all due respects to those who are no more in the land of the living. Forget the intro song and intro scene. Other than that, it is definitely a Rajni movie through and through. Replace the punch dialogue with 'dot' and the special 'signature action' with the motion of putting a dot in the air and that is it. To me the movie as a whole was a disappointment. Being a hardcore Rajni fan how was your reaction to it?

Prior to its release (Endhiran’s) all of us heard and read in utter astonishment as to how when advance bookings opened in the US all tickets for the first week were sold out within minutes. As a result it will come as no surprise to all of you that Endhiran has emerged as the runaway winner (crushing Anjaana Anjaani in the process as well) to become the Indian movie with the biggest opening weekend collections of all time in the US box office. Endhiran (Tamil) was released on 64 screens and collected a whopping US$ 1,520,108 also giving it the number 1 position in terms of per screen collections (US$ 23,752) in its opening weekend in the US as well. Compare this to Anjaana Anjaani which opened across 91 screens in the US and collected US$ 517,608 giving it a per screen collection of US$ 5,688. Endhiran dubbed in Hindi as Robot also had an outstanding opening in the US. It was released in 36 screens and collected US$ 481,680 giving it a per screen collection of US$ 13,380.

Director Shankar, who is over whelmed with the success of Endhiran - The Robot, is now gearing up for his next project. The filmmaker is heading for the remake of Rajkumar Hirani's blockbuster Hindi film 3 Idiots. Recently, Shankar met the makers of 3 Idiots - director Raju Hirani, producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Aamir Khan at the grand premiere of The Robot in Mumbai. Sources say that they had a long discussion about the Tamil remake. Earlier Shankar had approached Madhavan and Silambarasan to perform the lead roles alongside Vijay. But as they turned down the offer, Shankar has finally confirmed Jeeva and Siddarth for the roles. Shankar’s closer sources report that Jeeva will be enact Madhavan’s role while Sharman Joshi’s character will be performed by Siddarth. Harris Jayaraj will score music to the lyrics of Vairamuthu and Manoj Paramahamsa has been signed to handle cinematography.

Just watching the dubbed version, my thoughts are that only the South Indian movie industry can pull something like this. It's an entertainer for sure and south has the license to pull of movies with flying chains and R2D2 role, Bollywood would never risk anything like this as it's used to conservative themes. I asked if this was a syfy comedy and it fit's the criteria. Aishwarya made it easy for the rest to watch, Rajni has done a good job and the movie is basically fun

Just watching the dubbed version' date=' my thoughts are that only the South Indian movie industry can pull something like this. It's an entertainer for sure and south has the license to pull of movies with flying chains and R2D2 role, Bollywood would never risk anything like this as it's used to conservative themes. I asked if this was a syfy comedy and it fit's the criteria. Aishwarya made it easy for the rest to watch, Rajni has done a good job and the movie is basically fun[/quote'] exactly !! the hindi dubbing is ekdum shudhh hindi mein ! :giggle: 'Hum yeh rishta radd kr detey ha'i :laugh:

I will see it when they release the 3D version' date=' why only have half a headache..might as well go all the way[/quote'] :haha: I was going to see the movie... but doubt I will be able to handle the masala as well.

Watched it; From a Rajni fan perspective - Disappointment. This is not the Rajni who i grew up watching. Its a bit like waiting in bated anticipation to see Sachin come to bat and watch him bat with the ungainly touch of Chanderpaul, the batting IQ of Afridi and shot selection of Aakash Chopra. He does steal your breath every once in a while though. From an Indian film perspective - This film takes the bar up to a all-time high. Any other CGI film will now look as though its made from a 1-week-free-trial flash player. In a nutshell, the film doesnt steal your thunder at any point, but you owe the film-makers at least one ticket for their efforts to make a world-class India movie (production wise).