What is Dhoni's contribution to the team?

nballa

Does the keeping of a keeper differ with changing pitches? Curios. How does whether its in India or outside make a difference?
It makes no difference ? :omg: On a green wicket, he has to move quickly as the track will be fast paced, the ball will zip through, and the movement off the seam will be a lot more than in normal circumstances.On a bouncy track, keeper needs to be very active against spinners as there can be an occasion where a batsman has been beaten with the bounce and he has come out of the crease, and there lies a stumping chance. On the other hand, on a slow sluggish track, he needs to be more near the stumps and batsman, so that if the ball doesn't carry, he can catch it wherever it lands. Also the turning ball will come a lot slower, so the judgment part becomes all the more crucial as to when should be move and collect the ball. It does make a difference when it comes to playing on different tracks.
What a useless comment ' date=he is certainly the best we have got,a good keeper is one who catches what comes his way and does the stumpings whenever the oppurtunity comes and he does that very well .He is not a showman who dives around unneccesarily while taking catches,just does his job quitely and makes very few mistakes
This is the Most useless comment, Just becuase he is the Better when compared to KKD, Parthiv, with the gloves doesnt make him the best Keepeer. As a Kepeer + Batsman he surely is the best we have got.
This is the Most useless comment' date=' Just becuase he is the Best when compared to KKD, Parthiv, with the gloves doesnt make him the best Keepeer. As a Kepeer + Batsman he surely is the best we have got.[/quote'] OK then who is the best WK in India ?

Can the Dhoni fan boys see beyond Dada fans as Dhonis critic? Certainly not, Just as some chewtiya said Dada was fired some 6 years back i would like to tell him Dada retired 2 and half years back, so keep Dada out of discussion when we are discussing Current Indian Players.

Can the Dhoni fan boys see beyond Dada fans as Dhonis critic? Certainly not' date=' Just as some chewtiya said Dada was fired some 6 years back i would like to tell him Dada retired 2 and half years back, so keep Dada out of discussion when we are discussing Current Indian Players.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical: Teri g@@nd itni kyon jalti hai, bengali khoon itna kyun khaulta hai...:hysterical:
I never denied that' date=' Thats why Dhoni is the best WK + Batsman from the resource we have[/quote'] But what makes you feel he is not the best WK :wall:,he makes very less mistakes behind the wickets,I still remember the time when some people used to call KKD as a more natural keeper than Dhoni and everyone has seen he makes far more mistakes than more unnatural keeper Dhoni :giggle:
But what makes you feel he is not the best WK :wall:' date='he makes very less mistakes behind the wickets,I still remember the time when some people used to call KKD as a more natural keeper than Dhoni and everyone has seen he makes far more mistakes than more unnatural keeper Dhoni :giggle:[/quote'] He had a very good ODI series with the gloves, But he has dropped too many catches, and missed out on stumpings. Not just recently, for quite a while now. Thats why i do not think him to be a 'Very good WK'. And about KKD and Dhoni comparision, i said MSD is far better than both KKD and Parthiv. He is better than KKD with the gloves too.

hello everybody, i am very very warm welcome here. this is my first post! just wanted to say that MS Dhoni is not play very well for past 1 year in odi. He alway comes up the order when batting easy on flat trak, but stays down when batting on mushquil trak. He is good captain for test but average captain in odi. He misses many chance in wicket keeping. He also does not play the match winning game. But for indian man to be captain, the performance always go down. It is better thing, that performance of bad batsmen go down and not performance of star batsman (viru, tendulkar, yuvi, gambhir).

He had a very good ODI series with the gloves, But he has dropped too many catches, and missed out on stumpings. Not just recently, for quite a while now. Thats why i do not think him to be a 'Very good WK'. And about KKD and Dhoni comparision, i said MSD is far better than both KKD and Parthiv. He is better than KKD with the gloves too.
Dont expect your keeper to take all the catches that comes his way,he will make mistakes and dropping a catch and missing an odd stumping doesnt mean that he is not a "Very good WK"

Anyways, hope Dhoni gets back some scoring form before the WC in the warm ups, else Lower Middle Order would be too fragile and we'll end up having less fire power at the middle and end overs. And Yuvraj would be an automatic pick too given his bowling, so his form would be crucial for us.

hello everybody, i am very very warm welcome here. this is my first post! just wanted to say that MS Dhoni is not play very well for past 1 year in odi. He alway comes up the order when batting easy on flat trak, but stays down when batting on mushquil trak. He is good captain for test but average captain in odi. He misses many chance in wicket keeping. He also does not play the match winning game. But for indian man to be captain, the performance always go down. It is better thing, that performance of bad batsmen go down and not performance of star batsman (viru, tendulkar, yuvi, gambhir).
Welcome Rohit :icflove:
Dont expect your keeper to take all the catches that comes his way' date='he will make mistakes and dropping a catch and missing an odd stumping doesnt mean that he is not a "Very good WK"[/quote'] He drops catches too often. Thats not something as 'Very good WK' is known for. And it is stretched over both ODIs and Tests. I do not think MSD is a 'Very Good WK', Dont think many will disagree. His batting + Keeping is indispensable.
He drops catches too often. Thats not something as 'Very good WK' is known for. And it is stretched over both ODIs and Tests. I do not think MSD is a 'Very Good WK'' date=' Dont think many will disagree. His batting + Keeping is indispensable.[/quote'] OK as you think :two_thumbs_up:,for me a good keeper is one who makes less mistakes and Dhoni makes less mistakes