Why cant there be another Bradman again??

dial_100

There wasnt any hostile bowling (as we now know it ) to begin with ... what little was displayed in the BL series shocked everyone and hence the knee jerk reaction from the aussies and all the folks who swore by the code of gentlemans game. They made sure it was cut down. Proof is in the next series where no BL tactics were employed. Now over a long period of time when the world had become more un-gentlemanly the bowlers gradually bought back the hostility without the need of the BL field setting which as I illustrated is redundant if your intention is to rough up batsmen. This point is made clear by cricket historian in that article I quoted. What is interesting is Jardine & Co's reaction to what the WI fast bowlers dished out. They wondered what was the BFD about what they did back in the 30s. And on the other side of the fence DGB and co were amazed to see that there was no real outrage at the West Indian's either from the crowds or the media or the administrators. This is the entire crux of my argument. Which is why I asked you whether you would want me to put up all available cricket videos on YT ? Its not like Iam trying to hide anything or that Iam oblivious to the fact that you can look up videos and articles on your own to made your point. Can you show me where I have nit picked on just one single point regarding Bradman and proclaimed that DGB was no-good ? If you have the patience to read that monster thread about DGB you will find that I have meticulously answered every single aspect of DGB's batting. If anything its the DGB brigade that resorts to peurile stuff like claiming BL = Meanest and Cruelest thing . Just lookup Outsiders post on this page itself for a sample. Do you really think he will be willing to accept anyone telling him what really happened in that test match ? Fat Chance. You do pretty much the same. And its very easy to tell when you have been proven wrong. You just simply start hurling insults and spamming with smilies.
Oh really?! So there was no hostile bowling then and hostility is only shown by BL, which was banned after that (so how are ppl bowling BL today). By that logic there is no hostile bowling even today. And the likes of Tendulkar has never played the great WI fast bowlers so again I don't know how can you. So if you point is that WI fast bowlers of 1970s-1980s represent hostile bowling and the batsmen doing well against them should be ahead of the 1990-2010 pack, esp. if you consider how the pitches have become flat and the extensive use of protective gear You still didn't get the point on videos, didn't you, after the long post I wrote. Or is it that you think that asking the same thing that has been answered to equals still being in the debate? You haven't answered anything. Only thing you have shown is how confused you are :P
WTF!! Are people really saying that sledging is a factor in modern batsmen not being able to average as much as Bradman????? :omg: :laugh:
And also some stat would be pulled out to show that Tendulkar is the most sledged batsman in the world so he is the greatest. Simple math, some random number like a batsman gets sledged 4 times per test, multiplied by 171 tests so the conclusion is clear as to who the greatest batsman is :hysterical:
And also some stat would be pulled out to show that Tendulkar is the most sledged batsman in the world so he is the greatest. Simple math, some random number like a batsman gets sledged 4 times per test, multiplied by 171 tests so the conclusion is clear as to who the greatest batsman is :hysterical:
Also, how the standards of sledging have gone up over the years and the quality of sledging that Tendulkar encounters from Zimbabwe and Bangladesh is equal to what Bradman encountered from England, and this is clearly reflected in Tendulkar's stats against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh, which are equal to Bradman's. Also, Tendulkar's lower average against Pakistan can be explained by the fact that they sledge him in Hindi/Urdu rather than English sledges which Bradman had to face. When Tendulkar faces sledges in English against Australia he does much better. :laugh:
Also, how the standards of sledging have gone up over the years and the quality of sledging that Tendulkar encounters from Zimbabwe and Bangladesh is equal to what Bradman encountered from England, and this is clearly reflected in Tendulkar's stats against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh, which are equal to Bradman's. Also, Tendulkar's lower average against Pakistan can be explained by the fact that they sledge him in Hindi/Urdu rather than English sledges which Bradman had to face. When Tendulkar faces sledges in English against Australia he does much better. :laugh:
:hysterical:
Ever heard of Ambrose and Walsh ? And regarding hostile bowling now and then ... the facts tell us that most batsmen who ended up in the hospital where from the modern times and not from DGB's. Now dont twist that around and say " ohhh so we need to go check with hospitals to see if the bowling was hostile" or some such BS like that. No I did not get your point on the videos. Neither are you shedding any great sunlight on anything ... And ? .... see its pretty easy to type the exact opposite ... ohh wait but I forgot the stupid smilie. Talk maturely like a grownup else you may as well not respond. I certainly wont if you continue the peurile childish bullsh!t. I get no gold medals if I convince you of my viewpoint nor will Tendulkar be crowned as the ICC FTB of the year if you convince me. But if you want a good debate I most certainly have the patience to respond to every single question you have and I will do that with decency. Let me know. Else thanks for the discussion so far.
Oh boy, I did make it clear I was referring to the 1970s-1980s WI bowlers, an attack that's considered as amongst the best! And the irony is that the line that says that is just below the line you cherry picked to reply! And it's up to you to respond to my posts or not, I can't comment on that. If you don't want to then don't, it certainly won't affect me posting on your comments if I find them to be biased, dumb and cherry picked :P
What are you implying here pj ? that I was making up everything that I have said so far in this discussion. :(( :nervous:
But I thought you measured hostility based on sledging :P .... Anyways, if hostility is directly proportional to injuries (getting hit by the ball) then Tendulkar hardly got to face hostile bowling
Beg to differ. If you care to elaborate I can explain not that it will make any difference to the DGB fanbois.
I doubt that hardly anyone saying that Don is the greatest batsman is a Bradman fanboy. I think many of them, like yours truly, are bigger Tendulkar fan There is a point where one has to judge things from a neutral angle rather than blow the trumpet of the player that you like :winky:
I doubt that hardly anyone saying that Don is the greatest batsman is a Bradman fanboy. I think many of them, like yours truly, are bigger Tendulkar fan There is a point where one has to judge things from a neutral angle rather than blow the trumpet of the player that you like :winky:
Exactly. On the other hand the typical Tendulkar fanatic as opposed to being his ardent fan does everything to undermine any other player and their achievements while trying to prop up their God.

How can anyone be a fanboy of someone he has never watched in action? If anything, I am an , Gavaskar, Kapil, Azhar and Tendulkar fan boy. Till Azhar was playing he was my favorite cricketer, and Tendulkar has been ever since. But that does not mean that I considered Azhar to be a better batsman than Tendulkar or Tendulkar a better batsman than Bradman.