With just 5 ODIs to go, what will be India's WC squad?

Although the top order in the indian batting lineup is more or less established, there's still going to be stiff competition for the lower middle order batsmen spot between the likes of Rohit/Vijay/Uthappa/Jadeja/Pathan and Karthik. The all rounder position still looks iffy though, and I beleive the selectors should look to develop a core set of wicket taking bowlers to complement the already strong batting line up. One might as well be tempted to call our latest test centurion Habbi Singh as a strong batting allrounder now :cantstop: . The core bowlers should be Bhajji Nehra Zak Praveen Ojha Wild Cards: Vinay Kumar/Ashwin My Final 1 Sachin Sehwag Gautam Yuvi Kohli/Rohit Raina Dhoni/Uthappa Bhajji/Ashwin Praveen/Ojha Zak Nehra Vinay kumar can be given a chance as a replacement seamer if he performs well in the coming matches. He should be give a run in the upcoming SA series

After their centuries in Ranji Trophy, both Uthappa and Yusuf Pathan might still be in the mix of things for the WC squad. First step would be getting a spot in the squad for the upcoming NZ ODI series. Even though Ranji is a different format, but I think the selectors would be still be looking at the performances of some of these players.

This should be the batting line up SRT Sehwag Gambhir Dhoni Raina Dravid/Yuvraj/Kohli Irfan/Jaddu/Uthappa Bhajji Ashwin/Ojha I hope they let Dravid bat at 6-7,He can play the role gurusinghe played in the 1996 worldcup as a sheet anchor in case there was a collapse,we definitely need someone who can bat with the tail...Hell I wouldn't mind even if the give Laxman another chance and put him in 6-7 to play with the tail and the top order can go all guns blazing. Zaheer Ishant
Yuvraj fighting for an odi spot against Dravid and Kohli lollll Just drop Yuvraj. I am sure you will have a wonderful odi worldcup.
This should be the batting line up SRT Sehwag Gambhir Dhoni Raina Dravid/Yuvraj/Kohli Irfan/Jaddu/Uthappa Bhajji Ashwin/Ojha I hope they let Dravid bat at 6-7,He can play the role gurusinghe played in the 1996 worldcup as a sheet anchor in case there was a collapse,we definitely need someone who can bat with the tail...Hell I wouldn't mind even if the give Laxman another chance and put him in 6-7 to play with the tail and the top order can go all guns blazing. Zaheer Ishant
Why just stop at Dravid & Laxman, I think Robin Singh too would be a good replacement for Yuvraj Singh.

On reallly flat pitches; Sach Viru Gautam Yuvi/Virat MSD Raina Uthappa Bhajji Aswhin PK Zak On slower wickets with turn (if at all such a thing is possible in Indian ODIs these days). Sach Viru Gautam Yuvi/Virat MSD Raina Bhajji Ashwin PK Zak Ojha.

Sachin Sehwag Gambhir Yuvraj Raina Dhoni Yusuf Pathan / Uthappa Praveen Ashwin Nehra Zaheer / Munaf Virat Kholi unfortunately has to be in the reserves or should replace Gambhir @ No.3 Yuvraj Raina and Dhoni have to get as much overs to bat as possible, they are the impact players and matter a lot for that 20-30 extra runs that will count in the end.

These are the numbers for our pacers at home for the past 2 years ZAK: 5 matches 7 wickets at 40 ER: 6.22 Nehra: 16 matches 19 wickets at 44 ER: 6.28 PK: 11 matches 8 wickets at 61.5 ER: 5.97 Sree: 5 matches 11 wickets at 23.58 ER: 7.19 Munaf: 4 matches 2 wickets at 79.50 ER: 5.48