Most pointless family picture of the year

King

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year

Recently I read few girls were left to rot in the fire as the policemen did not allow these little girls to leave the school as they weren't wearing the veil. Do you think the religion preached them to do it? Nope but dumb people took this veil wearing to a different level. Read the below it is so barbaric these guys are posing in the name of religion. A commoner like you and me irrespective of what religion we belong to will not commit such acts.
I read a story about a moslim girl in the UK who had the sh*t beaten out of her by family members while she was lying motionless on her hospital bed. The reason ? She was suffering from an asthma attack and the ninja mask was suffocating her. Desperately in need of air, she removed it in the presence of her family to take a breath and promptly got her "just-desserts". What a wonderful religion, eh ?
predator, pls, my request... don't mention the religion as a whole... it makes me feel horrible... those ppl are going to the extremes... And plus, its not the religion, its those specific ppl... dont mix them with us, more on the moderate.... Moreover, the religion only requires a lady to cover all but the face till the hair line and the hands, wrist down to fingertips... i think i'm repeating this again...

Aqua, would you be willing to marry a man on the condition that he can seek out 3 other wives ? Just curious
predator... though muslims are allowed to get total 4 wives, they rarely do it.. but hindus and christians, its against the religion!!! and what do these ppl do? The keep mistresses... whats the difference? its similar to a marriage, but its not official... (this is from some research that my dad read out from the net to us, i.e. my mom and my sisters and i) and back to the qn, yes. Why, because its allowed... not only that, a muslims lifestyle is that where the family lives like a family, unlike the western type. As in, everyone is dependent on the other for something or the other. And what happens is that when someone is nt feeling well, everyone feels it.

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year Here's a story illustrating the lifestyle of a typical westerner. What i mean is less family like contact... More like a bunch of ppl living in the same house like strangers!!! ------------------ On my wedding day, I carried my wife in my arms. The bridal car stopped in front of our one-room flat. My buddies insisted that I carry her out of the car in my arms. So I carried her into our home. She was then plump and shy. I was a strong and happy bridegroom. This was the scene ten years ago. The following days were as simple as a cup of pure water: we had a kid; I went into business and tried to make more money. When the assets were steadily increasing, the affection between us seemed to ebb. She was a civil servant. Every morning we left home together and got home almost at the same time. Our kid was studying in a boarding school. Our marriage life seemed to be enviably happy. But the calm life was more likely to be affected by unpredictable changes. Dew came into my life. It was a sunny day. I stood on a spacious balcony. Dew hugged me from behind. My heart once again was immersed in her stream of love. This was theapartment I bought for her. Dew said, you are the kind of man who best draws girls' eyeballs. Her words suddenly reminded me of my wife. When we were just married, my wife said, Men like you, once successful, will be very attractive to girls. Thinking of this, I became somewhat hesitant. I knew I had betrayed my wife. But I couldn't help doing so. I moved Dew's hands aside and said you go to select some furniture, O.K.? I've got something to do in the company. Obviously she was unhappy, because I had promised to do it together with her. At the moment, the idea of divorce became clearer in my mind although it used to be something impossible to me. However, I found it rather difficult to tell my wife about it. No matter how mildly I mentioned it to her, she would be deeply hurt. Honestly, she was a good wife. Every evening she was busy preparing dinner. I was sitting in front of the TV. The dinner was ready soon. Then we watched TV together. Or, I was lounging before the computer, visualizing Dew's body. This was the means of my entertainment. One day I said to her in a slightly joking way, suppose we divorce, what will you do? She stared at me for a few seconds without a word. Apparently she believed that divorce was something too far away from her. I couldn't imagine how she would react once she got to know I was serious. When my wife went to my office, Dew had just stepped out. Almost all the staff looked at my wife with a sympathetic eye and tried to hide something while talking to her. She seemed to have got some hint. She gently smiled at my subordinates. But I read some hurt in her eyes. Once again, Dew said to me, He Ning, divorce her, O.K.? Then we live together. I nodded. I knew I could not hesitate any more. When my wife served the last dish, I held her hand. I've got something to tell you, I said. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes. Suddenly I didn't know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know what I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the serious topic calmly. She didn't seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why? I'm serious. I avoided her question. This so-called answer made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn't talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer, because my heart had gone to Dew. With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company. She glancedat it and then tore it into pieces. I felt a pain inmy heart. The woman who had been living ten years with me would become a stranger one day. But I could not take back what I had said. Finally she cried loudly in front of me, which was what I had expected to see. To me her cry was actually a kind of release. The idea of divorce which had obsessed me for several weeks seemed to be firmer and clearer. Late that night, I came back home after entertaining my clients. I saw her writing something at the table. I fall asleep fast. When I woke up, I found she was still there. I turned over and was asleep again. She brought up her divorce conditions: she didn't want anything from me, but I was supposed to give her one month s time before divorce, and in the month's time we must live as normal a life as possible. Her reason was simple: our son would finish his summer vacation a month later and she didn't want him to see our marriage was broken. She passed me the agreement she drafted, and then asked me, He Ning, do you still remember how I entered our bridal room on the wedding day? This question suddenly brought back all those wonderful memories to me. I nodded and said, I remember. You carried me in your arms, she continued, so, I have a requirement, that is, you carry me out in your arms on the day when we divorce. From now to the end of this month, you must carry me out from the bedroom to the door every morning. I accepted with a smile. I knew she missed those sweet days and wished to end her marriage romantically. I told Dew about my wife s divorce conditions. She laughed loudly and thought it was absurd. No matter what tricks she does, she has to face the result of divorce, she said scornfully. Her words more or less made me feel uncomfortable. My wife and I hadn't had any body contact since my divorce intention was explicitly expressed. We even treated each other as a stranger. So when I carried her out on the first day, we both appeared clumsy. Our son clapped behind us, daddy is holding mummy in his arms. His words brought me a sense of pain. From the bedroom to the sitting room, then to the door, I walked over ten meters with her in my arms. She closed her eyes and said softly, Let us start from today, don't tell our son. I nodded, feeling somewhat upset. I put her down outside the door. She went to wait for a bus, I drove to the office. On the second day, both of us acted much more easily. She leaned on my chest. We were so close that I could smell the fragrance of her blouse. I realized that I hadn't looked at this intimate woman carefully for a long time. I found she was not young any more. There were some fine wrinkles on her face. On the third day, she whispered to me, the outside garden is being demolished. Be careful when you pass there On the fourth day, when I lifted her up, I seemed to feel that we were still an intimate couple and I was holding my sweetheart in my arms. The visualization of Dew became vague. On the fifth and sixth day, she kept reminding me something, such as, where she put the ironed shirts, I should be careful while cooking, etc. I nodded. The sense of intimacy was even stronger. I didn't tell Dew about this. I felt it was easier to carry her. Perhaps the everyday workout made me stronger. I said to her, It seems not difficult to carry you now. She was picking her dresses. I was waiting to carry her out. She tried quite a few but could not find a suitable one. Then she sighed, all my dresses have grown bigger. I smiled. But I suddenly realized that it was because she was thinner that I could carry her more easily, not because I was stronger. I knew she had buried all the bitterness in her heart. Again, I felt a sense of pain. Subconsciously I reached out a hand to touch her head. Our son came in at the moment. Dad, it's time to carry mum out. He said. To him, seeing his father carrying his mother out had been an essential part of his life. She gestured our son to come closer and hugged him tightly. I turned my face because I was afraid I would change my mind at the last minute. I held her in my arms, walking from the bedroom, through the sitting room, to the hallway. Her hand surrounded my neck softly and naturally. I held her body tightly, as if we came back to our wedding day. But her much lighter weight made me sad. On the last day, when I held her in my arms I could hardly move a step. Ourson had gone to school. She said, actually I hope you will hold me in your arms until we are old. I held her tightly and said, both you and I didn't notice that our life lacked intimacy. I jumped out of the car swiftly without locking the door. I was afraid any delay would make me change my decision. I walkedupstairs. Dew opened the door. I said to her, Sorry, Dew, I won't divorce. I'm serious. She looked at me, astonished. The she touched my forehead. You got no fever. She said. I moved her hand off my head. Sorry, Dew, I said, I can only say sorry to you, I won't divorce. My marriage life was boring probably because she and I didn't value the details of life, not because we didn't love each other any more. Now I understand that since I carried her into the home, she gave birth to our child, I am supposed to hold her until I am old. So I have to say sorry to you. Dew seemed to suddenly wake up. She gave me a loud slap and then slammed the door and burst into tears. I walked downstairs and drove to the office. When I passed the floral shop on the way, I ordered a bouquet for my wife which was her favorite. The salesgirl asked me what to write on the card. I smiled and wrote, I'll carry you out every morning until we are old. The end.

interesting write up ravi... but you dint mention the countries or cities these things were happening...
sultans with 30 odd wives
its not permitted in islam, what ever said and done. fours the limit... :chin: where is this?
Sorry to say this if you do not know but your prophet has married more than 4 times if you want to look it up.

Aqua, would you be willing to marry a man on the condition that he can seek out 3 other wives ? Just curious
predator... though muslims are allowed to get total 4 wives, they rarely do it.. but hindus and christians, its against the religion!!! and what do these ppl do? The keep mistresses... whats the difference? its similar to a marriage, but its not official... (this is from some research that my dad read out from the net to us, i.e. my mom and my sisters and i) and back to the qn, yes. Why, because its allowed... not only that, a muslims lifestyle is that where the family lives like a family, unlike the western type. As in, everyone is dependent on the other for something or the other. And what happens is that when someone is nt feeling well, everyone feels it.
You again fail to look it up from the angle of women. Why is it that the women are not allowed to keep 4 husbands at the same time? The girls left to burn alive was in one of those middle east countries. Honestly the west you mention is not excatly the way it is. You are very naive and do not know how things operate elsewhere. This is why I said in future when you visit rest of the world and live you will figure out how wrong you were in your thinking. Believe me a lot of westerners that you refer to have more morale and show greater responsibility towards their kids. This is something I tell my fella Indians when I visit India. I see a lot of my relatives, the married ones in particular turn up late on a daily basis in the name of being busy at work. A visit to the nearest pub is a weekly or thrice a weekly affair. Just taking their kids out sometimes and buying them stuff makes them think they are taking great care of the kids. Compare that to the ideal westerners, they go home on time more often than not. They indulge in helping their kids with a lot of things when growing up. The kids are encouraged a lot without having things forced on them. When the kids grow up to be teenagers they give them space quite naturally as anyone knows a person's behaviour alters when they get to teens. Unfortunately the conservative ones make it harder for the kids and force them into lot of things just in the name of guiding them through. I am surprised you think the westerners just make babies and don't take good care of them. :lol:

Why have a funny section or sport section? Just have general discussion section! More people will read posts and topics and thus more will post and get more discussion which is the whole point! By having to many sections topics, posts spread more, making it difficult to read all posts. This reduces discussion!
We only had two forums at first but people requested these funny threads to be moved elsewhere. I think it is quite well organized right now. This thread was not aimed at general discussions but it has headed that way now but it shouldn't really matter. We don't need to be so strict about the general, funny and cricketing threads. One or two threads if they linger away to a different sort we can live with that.

interesting write up ravi... but you dint mention the countries or cities these things were happening...
sultans with 30 odd wives
its not permitted in islam, what ever said and done. fours the limit... :chin: where is this?
Sorry to say this if you do not know but your prophet has married more than 4 times if you want to look it up.
do you know the details?? if not don't air your ignorance... he only had four at one single time... i dont know the details but i do know that simple fact...

Why have a funny section or sport section? Just have general discussion section! More people will read posts and topics and thus more will post and get more discussion which is the whole point! By having to many sections topics, posts spread more, making it difficult to read all posts. This reduces discussion!
We only had two forums at first but people requested these funny threads to be moved elsewhere. I think it is quite well organized right now. This thread was not aimed at general discussions but it has headed that way now but it shouldn't really matter. We don't need to be so strict about the general, funny and cricketing threads. One or two threads if they linger away to a different sort we can live with that.
It is not to do with it being organised. Just feel if we had 1 general discussion section then it would be easier to check on latest posts etc, would result in more posts/topics being read and so get more replies and so get more discussion which would be great wouldn't it?

You again fail to look it up from the angle of women. Why is it that the women are not allowed to keep 4 husbands at the same time? The girls left to burn alive was in one of those middle east countries. Honestly the west you mention is not excatly the way it is. You are very naive and do not know how things operate elsewhere. This is why I said in future when you visit rest of the world and live you will figure out how wrong you were in your thinking. Believe me a lot of westerners that you refer to have more morale and show greater responsibility towards their kids. This is something I tell my fella Indians when I visit India. I see a lot of my relatives, the married ones in particular turn up late on a daily basis in the name of being busy at work. A visit to the nearest pub is a weekly or thrice a weekly affair. Just taking their kids out sometimes and buying them stuff makes them think they are taking great care of the kids. Compare that to the ideal westerners, they go home on time more often than not. They indulge in helping their kids with a lot of things when growing up. The kids are encouraged a lot without having things forced on them. When the kids grow up to be teenagers they give them space quite naturally as anyone knows a person's behaviour alters when they get to teens. Unfortunately the conservative ones make it harder for the kids and force them into lot of things just in the name of guiding them through. I am surprised you think the westerners just make babies and don't take good care of them. :lol:
ravi, oh dear ravi, how can i not think in the way women think when i am one? i've heard of the burn alive bit among hindus... and abt the westerners bit... why are they doing it?? they have those child care stuff, and those social care, etc, etc... and those indians ur talking abt... they're frm where? North right? We southerners consider those frm the north equavalent to west... thats the way of life... i've been there...

It is not to do with it being organised. Just feel if we had 1 general discussion section then it would be easier to check on latest posts etc, would result in more posts/topics being read and so get more replies and so get more discussion which would be great wouldn't it?
i prefer it this way, dsr... sorry cant support you on this... :chin:

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year In the west which I am glad to say India is efeectivley part of now. Everyone has the right to do what they want. Individual freedom. The wearing of the burqua is a disgrace and is forced upon many women. This form of suppression can't be justified! You can use words to defend the most ridiculous things! I feel by defending this act of oppression against woman you are trying to defend the indefensible aqua!

predator' date=' pls, my request... don't mention the religion as a whole... it makes me feel horrible... those ppl are going to the extremes... And plus, its not the religion, its those specific ppl... dont mix them with us, more on the moderate.... [/quote'] Sorry sweetheart, i really don't mean to offend you - but the religion is written out in black and white for all to see. The problem IS the religion !! Whether you may choose to selectively interpret the parts which you like and omit the, how should i say - "nastier" bits, is immaterial. The religion will always be the same, the tenets will always apply - regardless of how different people's relative interpretations may be. People like the family who beat the crap out of that asthematic girl or the Taliban were merely following the edicts of shahria law to every minute detail.

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year glad tht the discussion is still continuing, and in a civil manner.... Aqua - Prophet married 4 times, Quran says law is not more than 4 times, Prophet introduced the Quran - coincidence??? :shrug: maybe, if the prophet had been a woman, law would have been a lil different, eh? btw, dont take it to heart, everyone here is a fair individual who wants equal rights for men and women, though some women like Beedi Begum almost change ur mind ;)

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year Agree with ravi here .... We have afew foreigners in our school and i don't find them any less responsible parents compared to the indian parents..... why do we always like to compare the worst of the western society with the best of indian society ...i guess just to make ourselves feel better ...dil behlane ke liye ... Most (not all and it is getting lesser)of the maha joint families are built on the sacrifices made by the women married into the families who have to forget their likes ,dislikes ,ambitions ,individuality to fit into the mould of the in laws family ....we just give this suppresion a fancy name called "parampara "... Aqua....polygamy and polyandry ....both are not banned in hinduism....it is banned by laws made by the govt and since it is a just and progressive law it is acceptable to the people.Yes some hindus keep mistresses just like people of other relif\gion including muslims ......but it is not a legal activity and just like all illlegal activities ..it is not considered a respectable thing to do ...unlike polygamy which has religious sanction .Besides it is a sure ground for divorce. And how on earth would you consider north indians to be comparable to the west .....in fact it is quite the opposite.North india in general is more male dominating than south or east india.

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year As for the story ...it could very well be true in the Indian scenario...infact I think the woman is quite stupid ......accepting him back even when he cheated ....he deserved a big kick on his backside if not a bullet between his ears...