FIFA World Cup 2018 & 2022 Hosts announced

Gunner_Mania

Sarcasm That.:--D
If you were pointing at Blatter's policy, even then it would've failed :aetsch:. For some reason, I think Qatar's WC will be a flop show and the fans will be disappointed.

If Qatar ranked 117 in the world and with a population of 1.6 million can host it then surely India ranked 143 and with population of 1.2 billion can also get it in the near future because it looks like factors such as the quality of the game in the country, quality of the stadiums, fan support etc have not been been taken into consideration.:giggle:

Kind of OT but has it been already decided that 2019 ICC World Cup is going to be in England or is that kind of an default? I saw yesterday that news channels were putting a list of global tournaments UK is going to host in the next decade 2012 - Olympics - London 2014 - CWG - Glasgow 2015 - Rugby League World Cup 2017 - something, I cant remember 2018 - hoping for FIFA WC but now gone 2019 - ICC Cricket WC

Kind of OT but has it been already decided that 2019 ICC World Cup is going to be in England or is that kind of an default? I saw yesterday that news channels were putting a list of global tournaments UK is going to host in the next decade 2012 - Olympics - London 2014 - CWG - Glasgow 2015 - Rugby League World Cup 2017 - something, I cant remember 2018 - hoping for FIFA WC but now gone 2019 - ICC Cricket WC
Aus, NZ - WC 2015 Eng - WC 2019 Its already been decided

Qatar deserved to win' date=' good that England lost. The neutral British fans agree on this, cant remember where i read this though.[/quote'] how did Qatar deserved to win???? They don't have proper stadiums, support for the game is much less than all other countries that bid, standard of football in the country is poor. The only thing they seem to have is oil which they have seem to have offered to FIFA and Blatter.

If Qatar ranked 117 in the world and with a population of 1.6 million can host it then surely India ranked 143 and with population of 1.2 billion can also get it in the near future because it looks like factors such as the quality of the game in the country' date=' quality of the stadiums, fan support etc have not been been taken into consideration.:giggle:[/quote'] considering the CWG fiasco.. I don't think we should bid for WC unless we build all the infrastructure beforehand... in all likelihood we will host the football WC only by 2040-2050 Qatar pbly has a lot less corruption..etc going on.. and would probably burn its oil money to get everything done well-ahaead of-schedule. Arab countries have no ill-repute when it comes to getting things done - building tallest hotels,islands..etc. As for fan support..i assume the entire GCC will descend upon Qatar - a pretty fanatic fan base there. Would be great to see how they would respond to Iran playing (assuming they would qualify)

considering the CWG fiasco.. I don't think we should bid for WC unless we build all the infrastructure beforehand... in all likelihood we will host the football WC only by 2040-2050 Qatar pbly has a lot less corruption..etc going on.. and would probably burn its oil money to get everything done well-ahaead of-schedule. Arab countries have no ill-repute when it comes to getting things done - building tallest hotels,islands..etc. As for fan support..i assume the entire GCC will descend upon Qatar - a pretty fanatic fan base there. Would be great to see how they would respond to Iran playing (assuming they would qualify)
I was mocking the selection of Qatar by saying that when they can be selected then India with no infrastructure, not much support, corruption etc also may have a chance.