Ganguly UNSOLD at the IPL!

Jersey #10

Well' date=' from Ganguly's POV, he is just shocked that he wasn't picked and I think he has the right to speak his mind. But I would have also liked for him to add a few statements saying the teams, especially KKR have the right to make business decisions that made sense to them and that fans should still support the team even if he isn't playing for them.[/quote'] ++

when you say SCG was a passenger after his comeback.
Ganguly bhakt are rushing to conclusion. I'll clarify: What I said was he was a passenger for too long, when he was dropped. (I was not saying that in the context of after the comeback, and like I said he played well in the phase before he retired). And when he was dropped Calcutta erupted into all sorts of protests, silly at best, and hooliganism at worst.

Ganguly bhakt are rushing to conclusion. I'll clarify: What I said was he was a passenger for too long, when he was dropped. (I was not saying that in the context of after the comeback, and like I said he played well in the phase before he retired). And when he was dropped Calcutta erupted into all sorts of protests, silly at best, and hooliganism at worst.
For the First Time I agree to Your View on this Thread.:nice:

Well, as per me, taking Dada in team would have made business sense to KKR. Main purpose of these franchises is not to win IPL rather to build a brand equity. Ganguly helps KKR a lot in that aspect. So it is a poor business decision. Even if they are not going to take him as a player, he should have been offered some kind of management role even before auctions started. But then these franchises are business entities and they invest millions of dollars to build team. They'll (they should) not go by the emotional appeal of things. So if they think they made the right decision with their money, who are us to protest that? We can regret their decision but any kind of pressuring tactics to have him in team would be out of place. Dada and his fans should move on. The fighter, that Dada is will find some other way to express himself.