Saurabh Tiwary

SachDan

Do you think he can play test cricket even if he is motivated and tried his heart out?
not every player can play test and not every one can play tontee-tontee..like we cant imagine S. tiwary playing tests for India and Pujara cant even play tontee-tontee even in his dreams

Wait till you see him play in Aussie / SAF /Eng pitches and you will get your answer. IMO he lacks temperment to be a good test match player.
Virat Kohli was man of the series in emerging player tournament in Ausstralia played in July and August which is the most toughest time to bat in Australia and against some very good emerging fast bowlers from SA and Australia... as well even Dravid, ganguly have not done that well in Australia to start with...they grew with time...these young indian batsmen will also grow and learn....if someone thing we do not have another SRT...than its a very high expectation...player like SRT are born to be great..he got natural talent and he made all use of his talent with his temperament......

^ Rahane is pretty awesome. I've watched him bat on a few occasions when I was in India last year and the year before that. He has the classic Bambaiya technique of playing the ball late. Reminds me a lot of Vengsarkar, but looks better than Vengsarkar against pace bowling where he really goes back in his crease to cut and pull. Not sure why you don't rate Kohli. Sure he has a failing outside the off stump, but what I love about the guy is his willingness to put in the hard yards and really work hard on his game. The manner in which he played Mendis after our test line up had been pawned was really impressive and he has improved since then.
Rahane has been in superb form in the last couple of seasons, and has piled on runs, year after year.He is not like Jaffer, and what makes him very effective is his technique to see the ball till the very the last second.His cut strokes are a treat to watch.Although I am not too sure about his ability to play the hook/pull on fast bouncier tracks, but I am pretty sure, this guy can play under swinging conditions.A sure pick ahead of Pujara for England for me.

Before IPL, there was money. Sachin had big contracts at young age. Yuvi, Dhoni all had big contracts. I see this as a good thing. It will keep pretenders away from Test team. As long as players think that money is byproduct of their dedication to cricket those players will do well.

Wasnt Rohit hyped to glory because of his ability to play late ? :D It is one of the most pointless traits in my opinion ( Started by Imran after he saw Inzi bat IIRC ) especially against high quality express bowling. The two most basic ingredients that make a good test match player is the footwork and temperment. Playing late or early or just at the right time is just a perception. If you are late playing the ball you will either get bowled or lbw if you are early you will spoon a catch somewhere in the infield. If you hit it at the right moment you are good. IMO they should look at how well the guy middles the ball on various pitches against a variety of bowling. You cant find that out till the guy has traveled outside and played at a higher level. This is why it is quite hazardous to judge players based on their Indian domestic showing. Ofcourse there is no other option because we have to start somewhere but what Iam saying is that you will never know what they are really capable of unless you see them in a Test Match. Wait till you see him play in Aussie / SAF /Eng pitches and you will get your answer. IMO he lacks temperment to be a good test match player.
IMO, Rohit Sharma is still a great prospect for test cricket...... How come some ppl lost faith on him becoz of few ODI failures is surprising!!!!!!!!!!!!