Best Buys & Worst Buys

zubinpepsi

Possibly, Yuvi was hinting at the Ambanis and the Sahara group after last season. The excuse given by Zinta was that they had only four hours to retain the players after their court case.:giggile: Yeah, I am not sure what happened behind close doors so there could have been some problems with the management and Yuvi. I still maintain that KXIP has diluted its fanbase. It's due to the limited Indian players in the auction - about only 50. And with only a few good international Indian players, some of the clubs got into bidding wars. Hence the high prices for the Indians. You need to play 7 Indians and 4 foreigners. If your Indian players are weak, then the team gets exposed.
Yep true.

why did RR retain warne for 1' date='8 million? they should have franchise tagged yusuf and could have gotten warne for +-1 million.[/quote'] Honestly, it is a mystery. Probably they were overly cautious and thought that Warne could have a high bidding competition. We never know if that would be the case but still they could have tried at the auction to buy him which would have saved some money.

I think Uthappa went for far more than he deserved.
he did have great batting numbers last season, very explosive, plus he is indian and can be used as wicket keeper. but he did get a bit to much. i dont understand why yusuf went higher then 2.1, considering rohit made 2millions and gambhir 2,4. in this format yusuf is easily more worth than both of them.

he did have great batting numbers last season, very explosive, plus he is indian and can be used as wicket keeper. but he did get a bit to much. i dont understand why yusuf went higher then 2.1, considering rohit made 2millions and gambhir 2,4. in this format yusuf is easily more worth than both of them.
Rohit deserves the 2M, he has been the best IPL indian batsman overall in the 3 seasons. Gambhir more about good start and captaincy. So all went good price, maybe Gambhir 0.5M more.

So you are saying that Yusuf should be paid like 100 million per year? :giggle: