Delhi Disaster Thread or the Tics Thread !

jeetu

An interview with Irfan Pathan on him joining team Daredevils 1. How do you feel about being a Delhi Daredevil? I feel great, it’s good to be part of this team, I never expected in the auction that I would be picked at such a price and I really would like to thank the management and coaching staff who bid for me and obviously had the confidence in me. Delhi Daredevils has been a very successful team in the past and I will do my best to live up the expectations of the team and the fans. 2. What do you have to say about the Delhi Daredevils 2011 squad? I think it’s a fantastic squad for big names on the top with Viru and Warner and certainly Aaron Finch who looks to be the next big thing out of Australia. We also have a couple of really fast bowlers in Ashok Dinda, Varun Aaron and Morne Morkel. He’s one of the fastest bowlers around and his pace and bounce is really dangerous. Apart from them the young talent that we have is superb, I’ve been in touch with Aashish Kapoor about the younger guys in the team and I have heard that they are really fantastic, I’ve seen some of them play as well. For me though, Unmukt Chand is a player to watch out for, he’s only 17 and has a lot of talent for a kid in his first season of domestic cricket. I’ve seen him play and I think he’s a fantastic prospect for the future. 3. Have you worked on your Bowling keeping in mind the IPL 4? Initially it was all about regaining my fitness so I’m bowling with the aim to achieve the fitness levels that I had before and more. I bowl 5-7 overs daily at a stretch and am feeling really good about myself right now. I of course keep practicing the bouncer and slower ball bouncers which are crucial deliveries in a T20 match. 4. Which is your favourite type of delivery? The in-swinging delivery, especially when I can get the ball to swing late and catch the batsman off guard. 5. One Batsman you are looking forward to bowl to in IPL4? Apart from Yusuf Pathan! Apart from bhai? There are a lot of talented batsman out there, but definitely I want to bowl against Sachin (Tendulkar) 6. What do you like most about the format of T20 cricket? The excitement! People think that 20-20 is all about slam-bang hitting, but it’s not! A lot more thought goes into every delivery as a batsman and a bowler because it is so much more important when you have fewer balls to face or bowl! 7. How do you prepare yourself before any match? Any routines that you can share with us? I usually prepare myself by keeping some quiet time to myself and always say my prayers before leaving for the ground 8. Which is your favourite Indian Dish? Biryani. And I don’t like any other biryani much apart from the one my mother makes! 9. What would you miss most about your home town during the IPL4? The peace and quiet! 10. Do you have any superstitions about cricket? No, I leave all that to Sreesanth! 11. You have more than 5000 followers on twitter. What does twitter mean to you? You haven’t used it in a while, is there any particular reason why? I’m not on twitter, that’s a fake account! Daredevils Moments: (What is your mentality when making certain decisions on the pitch in the following situations) Approaching a landmark (50, hat-trick) – I always try to think positively about any situation, even if I get 49 or 99 I think if those runs are enough for the team to win then it’s as valuable as a 50 or 100. Same for a hat-trick, I’ve got two wickets and that’s a good thing for the team! Bowling the first ball of the game – Nervousness, you always want to start off with a good ball! Getting an appeal turned down while bowling – stay positive and come back and an even better delivery The Free hit (as a bowler and a batsman) – I haven’t got too many free hits while batting in the IPL but as a bowler I concentrate on two things, one of course bowl a dot ball and two, don’t bowl another no-ball! One line message to the fans in Delhi: I am really proud to be part of this team, I will do whatever it takes to help this team win in any way I can help. I just hope the fans will support me and cheer for me because as a player and as a team all that matter is that the fans are happy with the way we play and we will always play to win! So I request all the daredevils out there to please support us on the field and cheer for us and we won’t let you down! http://delhidaredevils.co.in/viewinterview.aspx?itemid=389

I am born in New Delhi so I will support DD. But deep down I know that DD squad in this IPL season is much weaker compared to previous seasons. :((
:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: Dont worrryyyyyyyyyyyy !! Our teams gooood !! We ll do well:icflove::icflove::icflove:

:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: Dont worrryyyyyyyyyyyy !! Our teams gooood !! We ll do well:icflove::icflove::icflove:
Yes, I am very sure that DD will be the surprise package this year. We have a very potent batting lineup, all our players (except Veeru) are fresh and everyone will be available for the entire tournament. If our coaches can solve the spin bowling question early, then we will be tough to beat. GO DILLI!!