How do cheergirls help cricket, Parliamentary standing committee asks BCCI

ViruRulez

I think it's upto the Franchisees to have cheergirls or not. I remember DD opted to not have Cheergirls. RR, CSK & MI Cheergirls and boys used to be fully dressed. In the past 3 editions of IPL, I've not seen or heard any incident related to Cheerleaders. In India, where there's music, there'll be dance. I remember DD opting for Bhangra music and Bhangra dancers..RCB is a more glamorous Franchisee, marketting Airlines and Liquor brands and they need bit spiced up show. So if Govt. is trying to really do something in this reagrds (rather than showbaazi) they should do well to first take various Franchisees into confidence and then go after BCCI/IPL organising committee.. It's not that the Cheerleaders were doing erotic dance or pole dance out there in the last 3 editions as few members are at pains to project it..

Poora din to Dhoni' date=' Gambo, Nehra (:D) ke geet gaati rehti hai, aur ab yeh ilzaam :giggle::giggle::hysterical::hysterical:[/quote'] Excuse meeeeeee !! :whack: siraf Mahi :omg: and Irfan and Rahul :headshake: Nehra? seriously ? :(( :puke:

I don't know where you are currently living, but you seem to me that you're either ignoring or are not aware of the West-India cultural gap. Our society is still very conservative irrespective of whatever we might think - even majority of the urban population is conservative. The concept of youth being exposed to such vulgarity will probably have negative consequences in the near future. I know a lot of guys who support cricket and went to see DD matches at Kotla but were they seemed to be overwhelmed by cheerleaders. It changes the perception of the society (that everyone knows). Secondly, someone needs to keep BCCI in check - so I don't really oppose govt questioning :P
Good point. People can only realize this if they watch the match in the stadium. our public is very cheap and the entire scene becomes embarrassing for educated peoples. But Its fine and value adding:P for the people watching on tv.

There is a minor difference of technicalities' date=' which has major ramifications. Z Tv, Sony etc are pre-recorded programs. The censors have already regulated the content of the programs or given the program an appropriate certification. With IPL cheerleaders, being aired live there is nothing that has gone through the censors. Any wardrobe malfunction or a more than usual vulgar thumka by the cheerleader can be misconstrued as obscenity.[/quote'] ahhh, good point. btw, one of the test matches, a blonde flashed her boobs. :nice:

@IKnowU r u a part of ipl ? is this site official site of indian cricket team ?
Ya, Im the official talent scout for the IPL and ICF. Send me your portfolio and Ill hook you up with the bcci babus and well talk about the contract. :cantstop:

@ IKnowU... :dc: babes are hawt :woot: No man. Flamy has proved his dancing skills once and so has (possibly) Amits.
Ya. The imported babes fresh from America used to rock IPL 1 and 2. Now they are using cheap knockoffs from locals :((