Varun Aaron: Future of Indian pace attack ?

sid316

Indians are truly starved for pace. One guy who has not even played that many FC' date=' and we have umpteen posts on him in this forum. LOL![/quote'] Exactly, pls. merge all these Varun Aaron threads. Let him take a whole bunch of wickets in our domestics, and India-A tours first. And perhaps BCCI can get him good coaching for a year or two first, in parallel.
didnt dhoni threatened the selectors that he would resign from the captaincy if rp singh was not selected instead of irfan pathan? jadeja cost us 2 t 20 world cups bro. lol. u cant keep on backing a player if he is not performing. same with ganguly and dhoni. but dhoni didnt back the right players is my point.
Dada picked Dinesh Mongia over VVS for the 2003 WC. Maybe that cost us the 2003 WC given how well VVS does against the Aussies :--D

And please also give credit to Dada for the success of Reetinder Sodhi, Sarandeep Singh, Sunil Joshi, Bangar, Kartik, Bahutule, Harvinder Singh, Sanghvi, Iqbal Siddiquie, Badani, SS Das, Ratra, Dahiya, Deep Dasgupta, Sameer Dighe, Salvi, T Kumaran, JP Yadav, Amit Bhandari, ROhan Gavaskar, Vijay Bharadwaj etc. You see where this is getting at..

intersting...:hmmm:..if the speed gun is accurate then this guy is deceptively quick... doesn't seem all that tall or physically impressive either..
i dont think so the speed guns are faulty.. the first ball of the video is from some other pacer at 119 KMPH and only varun's are the one's crossing 140.. i believe its pretty accurate... there is another video of him in a day match where he touched 148.. this being a night game i believe the new ball is ZIPPING more and hence he is generating more pace and was able to cross 150+. Its genuine and the guy looks a horse to me with lot of potential.
And please also give credit to Dada for the success of Reetinder Sodhi' date=' Sarandeep Singh, Sunil Joshi, Bangar, Kartik, Bahutule, Harvinder Singh, Sanghvi, Iqbal Siddiquie, Badani, SS Das, Ratra, Dahiya, Deep Dasgupta, Sameer Dighe, Salvi, T Kumaran, JP Yadav, Amit Bhandari, ROhan Gavaskar, Vijay Bharadwaj etc. You see where this is getting at..[/quote'] Then what atleast he was the boss and players respected him.

Shoiab akhtar is 5 feet 9 in height...edwards and roach are of similar height..he is around 5 feet 10..waqar was not tall..look at malinga very short...its all about natural ability and fitness fast bowling...height is an added advantage

Shoiab akhtar is 5 feet 9 in height...edwards and roach are of similar height..he is around 5 feet 10..waqar was not tall..look at malinga very short...its all about natural ability and fitness fast bowling...height is an added advantage
Also Man Look how smooth his Action is compared to somebody like ishant

I m following his progress since he was 17 in class 12 in jamshedpur..at that time he was training in mrf...he with pradeep sangwan was sent to england for biomechanical testing..he was touted to be quick from school days...he has been very gud in u-19

Let's give him some time. Our history is littered with unfulfilled talents who start with a bang and then taper off - RP Singh, Balaji, Irfan Pathan. Even Ishant Sharma is heading the same way at the moment. Plus we have already seen that after a few games our pacers tend to lose pace. I saw Irfan bowl 140+ when he came in and then became a 120 kph trundler. Even Zaheer, Sreesanth, RP and Nehra used to clock upwards of 140 kph when they came in to the indian team and after some time they dropped their pace to 120-135 range. Munaf is the classic example. In his first series against Eng, he was clocking 140+ and looked genuinely hostile. Now he's just a 120-130 kph trundler. And as for other false hopes such as VRV Singh, Pankaj Singh, Jaidev Unadkat, Sudeep Tyagi the less said the better. Best thing is to let the players develop without hyping them too much or without putting too much pressure on them. India's problem in recent years hasn't been that they were not able to find good fast bowlers. The problem has been that we ( I mean our board/BCCI) hasn't been able to nurture the talent and develop the bowlers. The players who have succeeded such as Zaheer, Sreesanth or Nehra (to some extent) have done inspite of the system.

We need to look at several factors as he is quick sometimes he can loose it in excitement and the amount of catches are dropped in plate..And batsman are not even able to edge, less carry on pitches andd he gets lbw/bowleds coz of these factors

Let's give him some time. Our history is littered with unfulfilled talents who start with a bang and then taper off - RP Singh, Balaji, Irfan Pathan. Even Ishant Sharma is heading the same way at the moment. Plus we have already seen that after a few games our pacers tend to lose pace. I saw Irfan bowl 140+ when he came in and then became a 120 kph trundler. Even Zaheer, Sreesanth, RP and Nehra used to clock upwards of 140 kph when they came in to the indian team and after some time they dropped their pace to 120-135 range. Munaf is the classic example. In his first series against Eng, he was clocking 140+ and looked genuinely hostile. Now he's just a 120-130 kph trundler. And as for other false hopes such as VRV Singh, Pankaj Singh, Jaidev Unadkat, Sudeep Tyagi the less said the better. Best thing is to let the players develop without hyping them too much or without putting too much pressure on them. India's problem in recent years hasn't been that they were not able to find good fast bowlers. The problem has been that we ( I mean our board/BCCI) hasn't been able to nurture the talent and develop the bowlers. The players who have succeeded such as Zaheer, Sreesanth or Nehra (to some extent) have done inspite of the system.
Sreesanth still bowls 140+,when did irfan clock 140+ when he strated ,his fastest spell have come when he came back against australia in odi series post t20 world cup he clocked 135-144km/h,Munaf still bowl sat 130-140 so speed drop is not drastic as it is amde out to be,
Sreesanth still bowls 140+' date='when did irfan clock 140+ when he strated ,his fastest spell have come when he came back against australia in odi series post t20 world cup he clocked 135-144km/h,Munaf still bowl sat 130-140 so speed drop is not drastic as it is amde out to be,[/quote'] When Irfan made his debut in the series against Aus he was clocking 140+. In fact the yorker he bowled in the Test to clean up Gilchrist was 143 kph. As for Munaf majority of his deliveries are in the 122-128 kph range and you seldom see him break the 130 kph barrier and I haven't seen him get near 140kph in quite a while now.
When Irfan made his debut in the series against Aus he was clocking 140+. In fact the yorker he bowled in the Test to clean up Gilchrist was 143 kph. As for Munaf majority of his deliveries are in the 122-128 kph range and you seldom see him break the 130 kph barrier and I haven't seen him get near 140kph in quite a while now.
he bowled only bowl that was 140 to dismiss Glichrist...he was never a 140 bowler..he himself accepts this...you are wrong here...he is very occasionally clocked at 140...he has been mainly 130-135 K bowler with swing...Munaf has lost a lot of pace, against England he clocked 145 in 2006 in his debut test and now he struggles to touch 135 kph and is a one dimensional bowler...whenever he is hit he does not where to bowl and that is why we tied last game against England...
he bowled only bowl that was 140 to dismiss Glichrist...he was never a 140 bowler..he himself accepts this...you are wrong here...he is very occasionally clocked at 140...he has been mainly 130-135 K bowler with swing...Munaf has lost a lot of pace' date=' against England he clocked 145 in 2006 in his debut test and now he struggles to touch 135 kph and is a one dimensional bowler...whenever he is hit he does not where to bowl and that is why we tied last game against England...[/quote'] My point was that when Irfan emerged as a teenager he was much quicker and as time went on his speed actually reduced rather than increasing. The same trend has continued with other bowlers such as Ishant, Zaheer, Nehra and Munaf. - During 2003 world cup game against Eng, Nehra was clocked around 149-150 kph! - Ishant was consistently reaching speeds up to 145 kph in the series against Aus in Aus. - Munaf went from low to mid 140s to 120s. - In his early days Zaheer used to hit 140s regularly and now his best is mid 130s. - Both RP Singh and Sreesanth hit 140s in T20 world cup in 2007 and soon after that RP Singh dropped to late 120s to early 130s and now Sreesanth rarely hits 140s There is clearly something wrong with this picture and I hope our board and cricket academies to identify and fix the problem.