Varun Aaron: Future of Indian pace attack ?

sid316

lookin at stats is a sure way, not to understand the game... first of all , the younger players are a "work in progress"... hence lookin at stats, when they do not have the skills or maturity required is basically rubbish. if you look at viv richards he was avergaing around 24 in FC when he made his debut as a 24 year old in india! or shane warne...hardly the indicators of future legends stats can be useful reference for established players ONLY and only a reference.undertsanding what's going on is the real thing.

I follow domestic fast bowlers a lot..that is why I can say that...when I first saw RP he was a 125-130 k bowler..he raised bit of speed after entering International cricket especially in 2007 T20 WC...Ishant did bowl over 135k in domestic before coming to national team...Sreeshanth was more of an out swing bowler when I first saw him at 20 in an India A match against Newzeland in 2004..RP was 17 at that time played in that match too and that was Munaf's first FC match ever and he was fastest in that match... I do not remember many pace bowlers in india who were bowling 147-148 ks in domestic without making their debut like Yadav and Aaron did..and I want to see many more of them...now need see Rahul Shukla
Bro, I have compared speed guns from different countries in previous post,There is atleast 5-8km/h difference in readings,Also all domestic games did not have speed guns so it could be unfair to say ishant,munaf, did not clock more. Also we have to give them chances first in friendly conditions abroad,not on flat tracks in india ,as a few bad games and confidence could be dented.
lookin at stats is a sure way, not to understand the game... first of all , the younger players are a "work in progress"... hence lookin at stats, when they do not have the skills or maturity required is basically rubbish. if you look at viv richards he was avergaing around 24 in FC when he made his debut as a 24 year old in india! or shane warne...hardly the indicators of future legends stats can be useful reference for established players ONLY and only a reference.undertsanding what's going on is the real thing.
i am also impressed with his bowling action and it seems he puts some real energy while he bowls.... i just wanna keep my fingers crossed and hope He suceeds
@vishal you are talking about his fc stats' date=' look at list A stat, strike rate of 22, ave of 17, 22 wickets in 11 matches, thats a very good start, if he would have played for mumbai, he had taken more wickets in fc too, he is as quick as any in this WC[/quote'] thats really exciting........if he is genuinely 145K + bowler then india shud drop the boring MUNAF and the UNFIT Nehra and replace them with Umesh and Arun
thats really exciting........if he is genuinely 145K + bowler then india shud drop the boring MUNAF and the UNFIT Nehra and replace them with Umesh and Arun
It will never happen dhoni likes to keep a good dressing room atmosphere by keeping joker nehra in the team,He lieks to say we do not have express, bowlers but will never do athing to solve it,after we do badly in the world cup we can expect some changes.

@cricket_god i can tell you.Ishant's fastest ball is 149 which aaron broken now as fastest bowled in domestic. ishant bowled that after oz tour when he was in good rhythm.he never bowled quick b4 oz tour or after 2008.it was just 1 year when he was quick

@cricket_god i can tell you varun aaron is the only bowler emerged in domestic cricket in the last 15 years who can bowl at an average speed of 88-90 mph in a 50 over game in a 10 over spell which i saw in semi final of deodhar trophy

East Zone's Varun Aaron did not feel anything extra when he delivered the ball 147 kmph in the Deodhar Trophy match against West Zone at Sawai Mansingh Stadium on Monday. He did not feel anything extra either, when he had bowled one at 153 kmph during the Vijay Hazare Trophy final in Indore earlier this month, while playing for Jharkhand. "I consistently bowl at over 140," 21-year-old Aaron told TOI on Monday. "So, when I bowled one at 153, I really did not feel much of a difference." He might have bowled as fast, but he is not sure. "I have started recording speed very recently," he said. Speed for the Jamshedpur-based lad does not mean compromising on consistency. "It is always good to have both," he said. After picking up five wickets on Monday, it was quite evident that Aaron does not only focus on speed. "Doesn't really make sense if you bowl really fast, spray it around," he added. His East Zone captain Manoj Tiwary vouches for that. "Watch out for him," Tiwary told TOI. "He is special. He has the talent to rise to the highest level." Spotted early by the then MRF Pace Academy coach TA Sekar, Aaron was always marked out as quite talented. "He looked quite good when he first joined the Pace Academy," Sekar told TOI. "We had to work on his action and he has turned out to be a good potential." Sekar isn't sure if the 153 kmph delivery actually happened ("there could have been an error"), but vouches that the 21-year-old bowler is really fast. "He consistently bowls over 140 and hits the deck really hard." The best thing about him, Sekar feels, is that he is quite accurate even at that speed. "He should be groomed properly and the national selectors should keep an eye on him." A stint at the Australian Institute of Sports honed Aaron's talent. The youngster trains in Chennai, but plays for Jharkhand. "I was born and brought up in Jamshedpur and I have no immediate plans of shifting out of Jharkhand," he said. That might disappoint Tiwary, who wished he had a bowler like Aaron in Bengal. The next big test for the fast bowler is the IPL and he hopes to be at his best for Delhi Daredevils. Last year, he was in the Kolkata Knight Riders' ranks, but missed out due to injuries. Staying fit has always been an issue for the Indian fast bowlers, with most of them having to sacrifice pace for longevity. "I think I have had my share of injuries quite early in my career," Aaron said. That includes a stress fracture last year. "Now of course, my main focus is to remain fit. I will concentrate on my bowling and can only hope for the best," Aaron said. Although he is not as towering as you would expect a fast bowler to be, Aaron is well-built enough to pack a lot of power http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/domestic-cricket/deodhar-trophy/Pacer-Varun-Aaron-in-the-fast-lane/articleshow/7659421.cms

Hopefully he will turn up and solve the pace worries that Indian cricket team is having for years and end up playing for a longer time (injury free) with a successful career.
He will come in to the side bowling around 145 kph or so and then would be bowled into the ground by playing every Test, odi or T20 series, or he will sign an IPL deal and that would be the end of him like Ishant.
@cricket_god i can tell you.Ishant's fastest ball is 149 which aaron broken now as fastest bowled in domestic. ishant bowled that after oz tour when he was in good rhythm.he never bowled quick b4 oz tour or after 2008.it was just 1 year when he was quick
I beg to disagree when india toured nz ishant did touch 147km/h.
I beg to disagree when india toured nz ishant did touch 147km/h.
Actually it was one and a half year since January 2008, NZ tour which was in Jan 2009, and in IPL 2 he was quick too..he started going down from the WI tour after IPL2 and T20 WC in England..then he changed his bowling technique a little bit by coming a little closer to the stumps and started bowling leg cutter slower balls which lead to his downfall..his old technique was good for him to bowl quick Maybe lack of practice at that time lead top his downfall..he lost his run up, action, and the rhythm with which he used to generate pace
Actually it was one and a half year since January 2008, NZ tour which was in Jan 2009, and in IPL 2 he was quick too..he started going down from the WI tour after IPL2 and T20 WC in England..then he changed his bowling technique a little bit by coming a little closer to the stumps and started bowling leg cutter slower balls which lead to his downfall..his old technique was good for him to bowl quick Maybe lack of practice at that time lead top his downfall..he lost his run up, action, and the rhythm with which he used to generate pace
I think eric simmons might have had inputs in that,he had the ball which seamed big off the pitch even in nz tour he produced those ball and that was because his wristw as at an angle behind the ball now his wrist is straight behind the ball and he has lost 5km's of pace.Coaches will ruin our bowlers.
I think eric simmons might have had inputs in that' date='he had the ball which seamed big off the pitch even in nz tour he produced those ball and that was because his wristw as at an angle behind the ball now his wrist is straight behind the ball and he has lost 5km's of pace.Coaches will ruin our bowlers.[/quote'] not it was Venkatesh prasad the coach at that time who suggested him to developed different kind of slower balls, off cutter, leg cutter, etc. Simmons became coach in 2010 i think...too much coaching ruins the natural talent of these bowlers, I agree, it is a dodhaari talwaar, can make and can ruin too
I think eric simmons might have had inputs in that' date='he had the ball which seamed big off the pitch even in nz tour he produced those ball and that was because his wristw as at an angle behind the ball now his wrist is straight behind the ball and he has lost 5km's of pace.Coaches will ruin our bowlers.[/quote'] Prasad also made him the bowler he was on Oz tour...but one and half years down the line, he was no where near to that level...its a lot of time has passed since then and our coached must have worked and corrected his mistakes but they are still there
He will come in to the side bowling around 145 kph or so and then would be bowled into the ground by playing every Test' date=' odi or T20 series, or he will sign an IPL deal and that would be the end of him like Ishant.[/quote'] drop nehra on fitness issues and play varun aroon against west INDIES... bring in VArun OR uMESH YADAV INSTEAD OF nEHRA
:haha: agree let him develop his skills in the domestic matches have already seen how many have faded away
fast bowlers are only quick for a few years we should not waste him,he should get a chance abroad pretty soon.