Varun Aaron: Future of Indian pace attack ?

sid316

Atul Sharma never played FC. He has already played in live matches. He will play very soon' date=' maybe in the next match. DD pitch is not favoring pace and to play a young inexperience bowler is always gonna take a lot of courage for captain and coach.[/quote'] But when will he play,last time he was with KKR ,got hyped up by Dada but still didnt play a single game :wall:

DD team management want to play on a greener track (adjacent to the dull track they have been playing on), morons at DDCA aren't giving the permission and the excuse being used is that the broadcasting company will have problems with camera angles!! I hope Varun somehow does get to play a few matches in this IPL especially on pitches with some good bounce and not on this low lifeless Kotla track.

... young Jharkhand pacer Varun Aaron, considered to be among the fastest in India, is still recovering from a thigh injury, according to (Daredevils coach) Shipperd. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl-2011/news/Daredevils-confident-of-turning-the-corner-says-Shipperd/articleshow/8000396.cms
Hasn't played a match for India and he has already had a major back injury and now another injury. :banghead:
... young Jharkhand pacer Varun Aaron, considered to be among the fastest in India, is still recovering from a thigh injury, according to (Daredevils coach) Shipperd. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl-2011/news/Daredevils-confident-of-turning-the-corner-says-Shipperd/articleshow/8000396.cms
This is an Old News from 16th Apr. , I'm sure he has already recovered from this minor injury, it was not even an injury, just a Strain. So nothing to worry about, he'll be there in the team shortly
But when will he play' date='last time he was with KKR ,got hyped up by Dada but still didnt play a single game :wall:[/quote'] Its not like he must play in IPL or he can only show his bowling in IPL. He has shown that he can be very quick, off the pitch and in the air. Being with the team, national coach, and legend like Viru, in company of some good and experience bowlers like Morkel and Sir Aggy, he will learn a lot.
Its not like he must play in IPL or he can only show his bowling in IPL. He has shown that he can be very quick' date=' off the pitch and in the air. Being with the team, national coach, and legend like Viru, in company of some good and experience bowlers like Morkel and Sir Aggy, he will learn a lot.[/quote'] You're right but playing in the circus league will get him noticed much faster. That is a good thing if he has talent.

You have to factor in the fact that this was a T20 game and when he came on to bowl, Punjab was in desperate need of boundaries. You can't write him off simply with 4 friggin overs. Not saying he is going to become the next big thing but that is not impossible. He needs to be trained properly by the coaches.

When Umar Gul started at 21 he was 135K bowler..now at 26 he bowled 145 easily...Varun Aaron is still only 21
let's not compare him with Umar Gul at the moment, he is promising but Umar is quality, should not be comparing these two. Comparing him with Umesh Yadav makes sense, and i definately feel he has that X Factor to his bowling, and attacks the stumps more than Umesh, eg : Gilchrist wicket was simple plan " you miss i hit". Thats something Umesh after been given so many chances has not learnt. So it is a positive sign and we all saw he hardly bowled any ball below 140 so thats pretty encouraging. He will gain more confidence, more pace, more accuracy, things can only get better from here. Good Start Varun!!!!!!! I was at the ground yesterday, only went to see Varun Play. On my observations , he has a very steady run up, although i felt he was holding himself a bit back while releasing the ball, i'm sure he was not in his "full throttle" speed yesterday, focussing on accuracy.But i was impressed that he did not allow the batsman to go after him.