Varun Aaron: Future of Indian pace attack ?

sid316

and 147.6 was the fastest of the match!!! so lets see when he bowls on a pitch like mohali' date=' what speeds he can generate,i'm sure 150+ is easy for him.[/quote'] make no mistake this delhi deck was a green top than mohali ever was....however australia he may add 3-4 km more :pray:
gul started at 18 and clocked 150k at 23 though the authenticity of paki age is anybody's guess
but Guls' average speed is down to 136k these days with 1-2 in the death overs crossing 142k..and he has been a monster failure in tests which matters the most
make no mistake this delhi deck was a green top than mohali ever was....however australia he may add 3-4 km more :pray:
well i tend to disagree, the ball was coming on to the bat but the wicket was not pacy, if you compare it with mohali, there was no movement,swing etc. hence you see 400+ runs scored on this pitch, which clearly indicates the pitch was good for batting and not bowling. But having said that, i am hopeful he'll pick up speed on the other pitches.
gul started at 18 and clocked 150k at 23 though the authenticity of paki age is anybody's guess
He played a test at 21 something against India in 2004 now he 27 something....though he took a 5-fer one a green top in that test but he was a medium fast kind of a bowler then..very skinny and had good out swingers....that was second test in that series. this is the score card of that match. http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/64082.html

He's not an out and out pace bowler. He is medium fast, he's not that rare breed of serious out and out pace, the likes of Lee, Akhtar and a young Bond. He will be the type of bowler if he ever does play for India, will bowl 8 over spells in tests and not the 4/5 over bursts which express bowlers are used for. I think world cricket needs genuine quick bowlers more than good batsmen. This is why cricket has lost so much quality these days, even mediocre batsmen have healthy averages because of the lack of quality fast bowling. We all saw how the mighty Aussie batting line up also flopped against quality fast bowling in 2005, time and again Flintoff, Harmison and Jones ran through them. But I heard a lot of fuss about this Varun guy and I heard a lot of fuss about Ishant 2/3 yrs ago and it's quite clear rumours hype up ordinary players. It's just as bad when it comes to our batsmen, the likes of Ahmed Shahzad and Umar Amin are touted as the next Lara and the next Bradman etc. You've got to see these guys play for a few games before you can make judgements on them.

He's not an out and out pace bowler. He is medium fast, he's not that rare breed of serious out and out pace, the likes of Lee, Akhtar and a young Bond. He will be the type of bowler if he ever does play for India, will bowl 8 over spells in tests and not the 4/5 over bursts which express bowlers are used for. I think world cricket needs genuine quick bowlers more than good batsmen. This is why cricket has lost so much quality these days, even mediocre batsmen have healthy averages because of the lack of quality fast bowling. We all saw how the mighty Aussie batting line up also flopped against quality fast bowling in 2005, time and again Flintoff, Harmison and Jones ran through them. But I heard a lot of fuss about this Varun guy and I heard a lot of fuss about Ishant 2/3 yrs ago and it's quite clear rumours hype up ordinary players. It's just as bad when it comes to our batsmen, the likes of Ahmed Shahzad and Umar Amin are touted as the next Lara and the next Bradman etc. You've got to see these guys play for a few games before you can make judgements on them.
sir ji Flintoff, harmisson, and jones are too not out and out pacers...varun bowls the same pace of flkintoff and harmison...jones was even slower and if 145K is medium fast, then what about 125 of pk and irfan...spin? he is a rare breed..he is just 21...look at his run up...not rhythmic like lee or steyn, not powerful and long like akhtar and still bowls 147k easily.......young bond...what are you talking about...Bond was a late started...he debuted at the age of 25 years....he was not that young at that time...that is the maturing age for a pacer.......i hope Varun aaron works on his fitness and stamina and can gain a bit more pace... he has already bowled 153K at the age of 21...i think Akhtar and lee had similar kind of pace at 21...because they debuted at 23 years of age and were not at their peak of pace...they were at their fastest after 25 years of age
If Bond and Akhtar are being given as examples of fast bowling then there is a case to send the person to a psychiatric ward - the two played a total of 60 test matches put together! :laugh:
they have one of the best strike in test cricket..especially akhtar...example given here is not in regards to how many matches..they played....shane bond was a late starter while shoiab was more controversies...the effect they both could have made on a given day...and they are two of the fastest bowlers in world cricket ever........extreme pace and longevity are pretty opposite to each other....
Seems like Lahori logic is in full force. At 25 he will hit 150k. At 30 he will hit 170k. At 50 he will bowl at speed of light.
:offtopic: but it will make spinners more or less redundant in team. At speed of light, time will not move forward and so ball will not get older.
they have one of the best strike in test cricket..especially akhtar...example given here is not in regards to how many matches..they played....shane bond was a late starter while shoiab was more controversies...the effect they both could have made on a given day...and they are two of the fastest bowlers in world cricket ever........extreme and longevity are pretty opposite to each other....
I would rather have a Kapil, Srinath, or Zaheer over a tamperer, druggie, chucker, and cheat like Akhtar.
Seems like Lahori logic is in full force. At 25 he will hit 150k. At 30 he will hit 170k. At 50 he will bowl at speed of light.
if you cannot understand the logic, you will say like that. a 21 year old boy will always be unpolished and immature physically and mentally both. every great fast bowler and fast bowling coach you will listen too, will gonna say the same...that a physical strength matures and grows till the age of 25-26 for most of the people....and if a guy can bowl 145 at the age of 20-21, he can certainly improve on as he gets strength, its not like he will bowl 170 or whatever you said..it just he can improve his pace if he maintains his fitness well to one or two yards..i can give you so many examples..one of which is Umar Gul. Wasim Akram himself said that he gained pace till that age..... and if a bowler can work on his strength, fitness, and stamina, he can maintain till his low 30s and then reduction starts and it has happened with many a bowlers in the world. there is nothing new or lahori logic in it...you just need to understand it scientifically.
I would rather have a Kapil' date=' Srinath, or Zaheer over a tamperer, druggie, chucker, and cheat like Akhtar.[/quote'] i am not talking about him being druggie, temperor, etc things...i am just talking about his ability to destroy any batting line up and his ability to come back at any point of time.. i am not saying his behavior was ideal, but if you see his bowling only, his stats are as good as any. you are talking about Zaheer, remember him before 2006 and you will say, oh, what a waste.....till he started doing what was expected for india, he was already 28. he too wasted 6 years and still he cannot match him to akhtar in bowling ability...it is his experience and skills he developed over the years who has made him so good and to get that it took him 8-10 years in international cricket....while Akhtar's problem was not his bowling, it was his attitude and controversies...
He is 21 and quick. By 24 he will cetainly be quicker and better. Exciting timnes for India in pace dept as we may actually have a few pacers to actually pick from and fight for places who all bowl 85 mph to 90 mph consistently. As have Ishant' date=' Sree, Aaron and Yadav.[/quote'] Add sudeep tyagi and abu nechim to it too as both can bowl 140 too and I am hoping rahul shukla and Pawan suyal both are 85 mph+ bowlers what I have read about them.
i am not talking about him being druggie, temperor, etc things...i am just talking about his ability to destroy any batting line up and his ability to come back at any point of time.. i am not saying his behavior was ideal, but if you see his bowling only, his stats are as good as any. you are talking about Zaheer, remember him before 2006 and you will say, oh, what a waste.....till he started what was expected for india, he was already 28. he too wasted 6 years and still he i cannot match him to akhtar in bowling ability...it is his experience and skills he developed over the years who has made him so good and to get that it took him 8-10 years in international cricket....while Akhtar's problem was not his bowling, it was his attitude and controversies...
Look if all were allowed to chuck then many could do what Akthar did. He came in pre clamp down chucking era, established himself so authorities let him of for career. No new player could chuck like he did and carry on. ICC would be all over them and clamp down. Do not discuss Akthar in fast bowling converastions as he chucked and so his abilites can not be compared to legal bowlers