Quarter Finals Lineup

Guest BossBhai

Assuming this is the line-up and the results of the QFs: India - Australia ---> India England - Sri Lanka ----> England Pakistan - Windies ---> Pakistan SA - NZ -----> SA how will the SFs look? Who will play whom?
Funny :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Why wouldn't you prefer SA-NZ match winners should be NZ? :hysterical::hysterical::haha::haha:
Potential India-Pakistan Semi Final at Mohali if India win tomorrow. :woot:
Or a potential India crash out in QF. Its a double whammy, you win, you face Australia & you lose you face SL. I think we are better off losing to WI & face SL. Thats our best chance of making it to the semis.
Or a potential India crash out in QF. Its a double whammy' date=' you win, you face Australia & you lose you face SL. I think we are better off losing to WI & face SL. Thats our best chance of making it to the semis.[/quote'] I am not too worried about this Australian team from what I have seen. They were crap in the warm ups, rain saved them against Sri Lanka, and got served by Pakistan. Also, the Ahmedabad pitch wasn't a complete patta - it has been a bit slow which would suit us more against Australia than Sri Lanka.
Or a potential India crash out in QF. Its a double whammy' date=' you win, you face Australia & you lose you face SL. I think we are better off losing to WI & face SL. Thats our best chance of making it to the semis.[/quote'] We simply cannot (and should not) win this World Cup with this kind of apprehensive approach. If we have to win the WC we've got to defeat the best teams - be it Aus or Lanka, South Africa or Pak - if we are afraid of facing them and look for ways to avoid any team then we don't deserve to win the WC.
Or a potential India crash out in QF. Its a double whammy' date=' you win, you face Australia & you lose you face SL. I think we are better off losing to WI & face SL. Thats our best chance of making it to the semis.[/quote'] I totally agree. For some reason many here seem to feel we have a better chance of beating Aussies than SL.
I am not too worried about this Australian team from what I have seen. They were crap in the warm ups, rain saved them against Sri Lanka, and got served by Pakistan. Also, the Ahmedabad pitch wasn't a complete patta - it has been a bit slow which would suit us more against Australia than Sri Lanka.
Thats true. But Aussie teams are known to play well when it matters (and the Indian teams are known to do the opposite) Aussies usually punch above their weights in knockouts. In big games, bowling matters huge. And regardless of the composition of their attack, Aussies will be very competitive. If we lose the toss & they rake up to 280+, we are done. Lankan batting is shaky. Sangakarra, Mahela are successfully papering the cracks. So i think we have a better chance against them.
We simply cannot (and should not) win this World Cup with this kind of apprehensive approach. If we have to win the WC we've got to defeat the best teams - be it Aus or Lanka' date=' South Africa or Pak - if we are afraid of facing them and look for ways to avoid any team then we don't deserve to win the WC.[/quote'] Check India's track record in big games. More often than not, we suffer a batting collapse & lose the game without even being competitive. By losing the game against SAF, India has conceded its advantage. We should have been facing NZL & would have walked into the semis.