Quarter Finals Lineup

Guest BossBhai

Can India still be out? If bangladesh win against netherlands and SA they will have 8 points.. SA win against us and ireland they will have 8 points .. WI win against us they will have 8 points .. England win against WI they they will have 7 points .. So it means we can still go out???
nice observation. But net run rate plays key role. let us see nrr present India +0.992 West Indies +2.206 England +0.013 South Africa +1.754 England has only one match and if they want to reach their run rate at +1.00.... they need to beat west by more than 200runs. are they need to chase a target of 100runs in 16overs. if it happens they will easily secure their spot. more importantly Ind beat all the three small teams and tie against one big team. so team's current form can put them on top
Can India still be out? If bangladesh win against netherlands and SA they will have 8 points.. SA win against us and ireland they will have 8 points .. WI win against us they will have 8 points .. England win against WI they they will have 7 points .. So it means we can still go out???
And if it does happen' date=' I say we hang Dhoni and Chawla from the same tree ![/quote']
I second that!!
Duh .. are we expecting a guaranteed slot in QFs coz we beat Bangladesh, Ireland & Holland at home ? What are we playing, the WC qualifers ?
Duh .. are we expecting a guaranteed slot in QFs coz we beat Bangladesh' date=' Ireland & Holland at home ? What are we playing, the WC qualifers ?[/quote'] we're expecting a QF slot because we're yet to lose a match even though we have not played anywhere near our full potential.
we're expecting a QF slot because we're yet to lose a match even though we have not played anywhere near our full potential.
The guarantee of making it to QFs came with 8 points. Defeating Bangladesh/Ireland/Holland/England would have ensured that. However, two losses and a tie were bound to dent the assurance. Why worry so much ? I expect a victory tomorrow as do most other fans.
Duh .. are we expecting a guaranteed slot in QFs coz we beat Bangladesh' date=' Ireland & Holland at home ? What are we playing, the WC qualifers ?[/quote'] because teams like England have screwed up against minnows. Because we haven't lost a game yet.
The guarantee of making it to QFs came with 8 points. Defeating Bangladesh/Ireland/Holland/England would have ensured that. However, two losses and a tie were bound to dent the assurance. Why worry so much ? I expect a victory tomorrow as do most other fans.
Same here.................but its the WC so we can expect the unexpected!!
because teams like England have screwed up against minnows. Because we haven't lost a game yet.
True. Until yesterday we were discussing B1 vs B2 and trying to figure out whether we would prefer facing NZ or Pak. Today, some of us are worried about being knocked out :haha:
True. Until yesterday we were discussing B1 vs B2 and trying to figure out whether we would prefer facing NZ or Pak. Today' date=' some of us are worried about being knocked out :haha:[/quote'] yes thats us. I just got a call from couple of my friends wondering if we should sell tickets of Q/F in Ahmedbad. I was like WTF.
Sorry for the delay SD but from our perspective we still need to win atleast one more game against WI or SA and we will be guaranteed to qualify AND also most likely top the table. There is a theoretical possibility that we may still not make it to the QF if we lose to SAF and WI badly putting us below Eng in NRR and equal on points with them (Assuming they beat WI very badly ) But if BD do qualify to the QFs then someone from Group A ( most likely AUS ) will have a easy walk to the Semi Final :mad:
Thanks BossBhai for the detailed info :icflove: Just one more (easy/laboured) win and we will end up topping the table easily? :yay::yay: Destiny is in our hands guys..no need to panic :two_thumbs_up:
Thanks BossBhai for the detailed info :icflove: Just one more (easy/laboured) win and we will end up topping the table easily? :yay::yay: Destiny is in our hands guys..no need to panic :two_thumbs_up:
Not in our hands but Dhoni and Chawla's...:omg: