Sachin's centuries and India's defeats.

What bothers me is that you simply refuse to accept the folly in your argument and keep complaining about posters. I don't think you even realize why people are ridiculing you. Patriot would be proud of this effort once he gets wind of this thread.
what bothers me is that he is too super intelligent to even understand that his statement is a fundamentally flawed one with no proper base .
sehwag has 11 wins from 12 Tons Vs Big teams (add to this the no-ball six on 99 Vs lanka that didnt count, would have made the stat even more impressive): http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35263.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=default;result=1;runsmin1=100;runsval1=runs;template=results;type=allround http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35263.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=default;result=1;result=2;result=3;runsmin1=100;runsval1=runs;template=results;type=allround gangs has 10-11 wins frm 14 Vs Big teams(not sure), dhoni 3 out of 4, gambhir 4 out of 6. Last two Dilute my point to some degree, but still 55% in sachin's Tons is not normal...
And how many Match winning hundreds has Sehwag got against the Number one side of his era " Australia" ? 1 , 2 , 3 ? or the second best South Africa? Ans stats for Tendulkar too against same teams .
No it is not that ... SRT could have easily scored a few 100s in those series ... ohh wait I forgot that we could have lost those matches based on your theory. Do you see the pointless nature of your opinion ? What bothers me is that you simply refuse to accept the folly in your argument and keep complaining about posters. I don't think you even realize why people are ridiculing you. Patriot would be proud of this effort once he gets wind of this thread.
Vaibhav has already got a certificate in "masters in advanced Goddy bashing" from srtfanaticssuck and now some encouragement from Patriot would be an icing on the cake :--D
No it is not that ... SRT could have easily scored a few 100s in those series ... ohh wait I forgot that we could have lost those matches based on your theory. Do you see the pointless nature of your opinion ? What bothers me is that you simply refuse to accept the folly in your argument and keep complaining about posters. I don't think you even realize why people are ridiculing you. Patriot would be proud of this effort once he gets wind of this thread.
I think you dont see the point, Its only the bigger teams we are talking abt, not Bdesh or zimbabwe where sachin missed out on Tons (with wins) by not playing. Over a decade, It wouldn't have mattered much bcoz, with or without sachin, the win percentage differs by only 0.5%. obviously, you are going only by recent NZ series.
I think you dont see the point' date=' [b']Its only the bigger teams we are talking abt, not Bdesh or zimbabwe where sachin missed out on Tons (with wins) by not playing. It wouldn't have mattered much bcoz, with or without sachin, the win percentage differs by only 0.5%. obviously, you are going only by recent NZ series.
Again I'll ask you this simple question - why are you so adament on ignoring runs scored against the smaller teams. Were those matches practice matches, will the runs made (or wickets taken) in those matches not be counted in overall records of players, were the bowlers of the smaller teams specifically instructed to bowl halwa balls to Goddy and good balls to other batsmen so that they could'nt score while Goddy made runs???
They don't employ people with low IQ like some of you guys even for 'idiot-proofing' ... Just fyi idiots , the term 'development' refers to development only, not testing n BPO. I could paste a pic of my Windows 7 n Windows server 2008 ship-IT plate signed by bill gates n steve ballmer, but not for you idiots!!
Oh well, you are now desperately showing off the 'Ship IT' awards that are handed out in bulk to all and sundry associated with the project(PM, Dev, Test, Programming Writers, Technical Writers, IT, Editors, Vendors, Toilet cleaners, etc.)...I have loads of them in my office cupboard accumulated from long back, let me know if you want a few of them(awards itself, not their photos) as it is not worth the effort that one has to put in to carry them home. All the people I know in MSFT leave it behind in their cupboards when they leave the company and they end up in the trash bin afterwards. Only awestruck and insecure noobies like you would carry it to to show it off their non-MS contacts :hysterical:
Kid wanted some appreciation for his achievement of getting an entry into Microsoft and you cruel people could not provide even that :haha::haha: Kid you getting taste of your own medicine. You can't provide appreciation for what Sachin has achieved in last 21 years as a fellow Indian (you type lines like "Sachin = Dog"), but you want appreciation from people for your achievement of getting in to Microsoft..:-) By now you would have known that right here at ICF there are people doing far more good/prestigious things in life other than discussing cricket. It is just that,unlike you, they prefer not to talk/boast about that.
sehwag has 11 wins from 12 Tons Vs Big teams (add to this the no-ball six on 99 Vs lanka that didnt count, would have made the stat even more impressive): http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35263.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=default;result=1;runsmin1=100;runsval1=runs;template=results;type=allround http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35263.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=default;result=1;result=2;result=3;runsmin1=100;runsval1=runs;template=results;type=allround gangs has 10-11 wins frm 14 Vs Big teams(not sure), dhoni 3 out of 4, gambhir 4 out of 6. Last two Dilute my point to some degree, but still 55% in sachin's Tons is not normal...
Let me correct yuou here - Ganguly has 10 hundreds in win out of 14. That is 71 %. Before this world cup - Yuvraj had 7 hudreds in win out of 10. That is 70%. Before this world cup Sachin 24 centuries in win out of 36. That is 67%. So where is difference? And if you consider the fact that higher the number of centuries, closer you would be of team's winning %, Sachin seems to be doing better than others on this count. And how do you explain that, all of Yuvraj's centuries againt Aus/SA resulted in defeat? So would you be praying that Yuvraj also (like Sachin) doesn't get hundred in coming Ahmedabad match against Australia?
Kid wanted some appreciation for his achievement of getting an entry into Microsoft and you cruel people could not provide even that :haha::haha: Kid you getting taste of your own medicine. You can't provide appreciation for what Sachin has achieved in last 21 years as a fellow Indian (you type lines like "Sachin = Dog"), but you want appreciation from people for your achievement of getting in to Microsoft..:-) By now you would have known that right here at ICF there are people doing far more good/prestigious things in life other than discussing cricket.
I already knew this and hold all the posters in high regards. But if you are gonna call me idiot or a coward when I am genuinely trying to make a point, then you shouldn't expect to be called a genius from my side. I believe I am a pretty down-to-earth n humble bloke, the world is filled with millions of people better than me. So what I told I have been working for MS after being asked not to take a job tht requires 'logical thinking', dont think its a big deal. The dog reference was a mistake n I deleted tht .
Let me correct yuou here - Ganguly has 10 hundreds in win out of 14. That is 71 %. Before this world cup - Yuvraj had 7 hudreds in win out of 10. That is 70%. Before this world cup Sachin 24 centuries in win out of 36. That is 67%. So where is difference? And if you consider the fact that higher the number of centuries, closer you would be of team's winning %, Sachin seems to be doing better than others on this count. And how do you explain that, all of Yuvraj's centuries againt Aus/SA resulted in defeat? So would you be praying that Yuvraj also (like Sachin) doesn't get hundred in coming Ahmedabad match against Australia?
At the moment: sehwag has 92% (not taking the no-ball six on 99). gangs 71% (10/14) Yuvi 73% (8/11) Sachin has 55% from his 20 tons since 2000. Rest cant be compared obviously as they dont have as many TONS.
At the moment: sehwag has 92% (not taking the no-ball six on 99). gangs 71% (10/14) Yuvi 73% (8/11) Sachin has 55% from his 20 tons since 2000. Rest cant be compared obviously as they dont have as many TONS.
Just the way you want to take figures starting from 2000, I want figures to be taken only upto start of this world cup. We'll include world cup in our discussions once it is over. It is not logical to include those numbers when tournament is in progress (it is as logical as your arbitrary cut of 2000 :winky:) So figures are Ganugly - 71%, Yuvi 70% and Sachin 67%. And yes Sehwag happens to have better numbers.

No matter how many stats we quote, the underlying premise of Vaibhav's argument is flawed. Even if by some sort of cherrypicking stats , he is able to show the winning percentage in Sachin's matches is lower (which it is not), how does that translate to Sachin's fault? And if someone else had scored the same runs at the same strike rate, would the result have been different

Let's look at Sehwag's hundreds against the 'big teams' : http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35263.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=default;runsmin1=100;runsval1=runs;template=results;type=batting Can anyone find Australia and South Africa in those 'big teams'? 6 out of his 12 hundreds have been against arguably the worst ODI team of the last decade - New Zealand. With such a lop sided record, is it any surprise that he has a higher percentage of centuries in matches won? Difficult to lower your win percentage when you are not going to score any hundreds against the best ODI teams - Australia and South Africa. Let's come to Yuvraj : http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/36084.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=default;runsmin1=100;runsval1=runs;template=results;type=batting 11 centuries against 'big teams'. Total of 3 against Australia and South Africa, all in matches lost. 6 centuries against England and West Indies - again teams from bottom rung of the ODI ladder of the past decade. Now here are Tendulkar's centuries since 2000 : http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35320.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=default;runsmin1=100;runsval1=runs;spanmin1=01+Jan+2000;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting 8 of them against Australia and South Africa - that's almost 3 times as many as Yuvraj and Sehwag put together. Clearly, if you don't score hundreds against the real top teams at all you are doing better than scoring a few in losses by the vaibhav theory.