Is pre-marital sex ok or not?

fineleg

Top post.. :hail: When you love somebody, you don't think of having sex. You love somebody as a person and not as an object to use. Agree that sex could be a natural extension of love but it comes at a very late stage. As rkt.india said, "love is beyond sexual element"..Jisne love kiya hain wohi samajh sakta/sakti hain..
If you have ever truly loved someone you will realise that the statement is wrong. Is a person an inflated doll that he/she becomes an object of use? The very act of 'love' is nature's way of finding your ideal partner based on ur hormones. If you ever love someone and are alone with her, you will not be able to keep your hands off her and neither will she if she loves you back. Now whether the impulse should be resisted is another thing alltogether. It just take an arch of an eyebrow, a stolen glance or a quick smile to make me melt in my shoes Love is the ultimate act of submission. The point where someone else and her life becomes as important(and for a period more important) to you than yourself. Its also a very selfish period where you will actually alienate your existing friends and maybe even your parents for a while. True love is rare, but when it happens, you become a part of the other person. And sex(in love and not just the physical act you do with a prostitute) is the ultimate act of submission. No love is complete without it. Believe me, you are never going to be truly close to a woman you love till you are physically intimate. Before the act you are two people who adore each other. After the act you will be bonded together, inseperable and know what the word soul-mate means. You will understand why in most birds if the partner dies, they prefer to die themselves. And you will never know what this means unless you go through this with a woman you love Too bad the above stage doesnt last forever but thats another story. Sex is a natural progression of life. I dunno why people consider it dirty, treating people as objects, or put it on a pedestal as a holy thing to be accessed only after a X number of rituals (I can predict that the last set of people are going to be highly disappointed :winky:) One more thing. The best sex ever had is when you get into the mood because of various reasons. An unexpected smile, A quiet moment, a word, the atmosphere. And it has to be done then and there. You cannot postpone it to a more convinient time or wait till the night of the marriage. sex is not a task, its a response, sex is not something you mark in your calendar, its the most spontanious thing ever. Some of the most complicated functioning of our bodies(both male and female) are for our sexual organs. Nature has devised us for sex. Our vital organs have the best protection. Yet, some of us think of this as un-natural? I can understand certain inhibitions and un-certainity around those who are entering their youth. I blame our society and the movies for making what is the best thing a human can have and turning it either a haloed thing or a tabooed topic

No..I am sure they can. Someone here said that as long as men expect virgin wife, they have to remain virgin themselves. I on the contrary don't think so. Hypocritical as it sounds, in a marriage a girl and the guy has different attributes list that they use to shop around. As long as a girl expects the guy to earn more than her, the guy can expect her to be a virgin if that is his priority.
Is that the market price? As long as we are haggling, I would want her to throw in unlimited cooking and dusting time(without b!tch!ing) and taking care of the kids at the cost of her social life, in return for my 'higher' income

Is that the market price? As long as we are haggling' date=' I would want her to throw in unlimited cooking and dusting time(without b!tch!ing) and taking care of the kids at the cost of her social life, in return for my 'higher' income[/quote'] Isnt that what marriage is eventually...its a compromise between 2 people on values to adopt to the other persons needs. On a "Indian" guys list, virginity of the bride is high priority and the girl expects more money.Its upto to the 2 people to decide what attributes they are gonna look for. The girl could easily look for a virgin guy too just as much as the guy can look for a higher salaried girl.

If you have ever truly loved someone you will realise that the statement is wrong. Is a person an inflated doll that he/she becomes an object of use? The very act of 'love' is nature's way of finding your ideal partner based on ur hormones. If you ever love someone and are alone with her, you will not be able to keep your hands off her and neither will she if she loves you back. Now whether the impuse should be resisted is another thing alltogether. It just take an arch of an eyebrow, a stolen glance or a quick smile to make me melt in my shoes Love is the ultimate act of submission. The point where someone else and her life becomes as important(and for a period more important) to you than yourself. Its also a very selfish period where you will actually alienate your existing friends and maybe even your parents for a while. True love is rare, but when it happens, you become a part of the other person. And sex(in love and not just the physical act you do with a prostitute) is the ultimate act of submission. No love is complete without it. Believe me, you are never going to be truly close to a woman you love till you are physically intimate. Before the act you are two people who adore each other. After the act you will be bonded together, inseperable and know what the word soul-mate means. You will understand why in most birds if the partner dies, they prefer to die themselves. And you will never know what this means unless you go through this with a woman you love Too bad the above stage doesnt last forever but thats another story. Sex is a natural progression of life. I dunno why people consider it dirty, treating people as objects, or put it on a pedestal as a holy thing to be accessed only after a X number of rituals (I can predict that the last set of people are going to be highly disappointed :winky:) One more thing. The best sex ever had is when you get into the mood because of various reasons. An unexpected smile, A quiet moment, a word, the atmosphere. And it has to be done then and there. You cannot postpone it to a more convinient time or wait till the night of the marriage. sex is not a task, its a response, sex is not something you mark in your calendar, its the most spontanious thing ever. Some of the most complicated functioning of our bodies(both male and female) are for our sexual organs. Nature has devised us for sex. Our vital organs have the best protection. Yet, some of us think of this as un-natural? I can understand certain inhibitions and uncertainty around those who are entering their youth. I blame our society and the movies for making what is the best thing a human can have and turning it either a haloed thing or a tabooed topic
The problem is when guys go to prostitutes for sex...then what do you think about that?...that is not love....Yes I agree that love includes sex as well......but sex is done to fulfill the physical lust that everyone possess in the world...and it is the same thing with a couple which is in love too.....it does not mean love promote sex...it is a spontaneous consequence of two persons being in love....

there is a reason sex is sometimes termed "making love". it just needs to be done right :winky: it is all very well to reduce sex to a hormonal function. as can einstein's inventions to a genetic disposition (who has heard of sidis?). the finer things in life are often just a deeper realization of the most basic modalities of human nature. why not celebrate it as it was supposed to be? to each his own of course.
well, I am not against celebrating sex....I am not even against one night stands. If one can avoid the psychological ill-effects, nothing wrong in going for them. I am against putting too much important on sex. I mean its nothing more than a hair-thin-nerve down there (called the pudendal nerve) which controls everything from your erections, ejaculations and orgasms. Does it mean that if that nerve gets damaged, one is not able to love or be loved? And on the contrary, if that nerve gets compressed by the ligaments down there, you could suffer from a disorder called PGAD (too many orgasmic feelings), which could lead you to suicide.

The problem is when guys go to prostitutes for sex...then what do you think about that?...that is not love....Yes I agree that love includes sex as well......but sex is done to fulfill the physical lust that everyone possess in the world...and it is the same thing with a couple which is in love too.....it does not mean love promote sex...it is a spontaneous consequence of two persons being in love....
Of course its different with prostitutes but its still a need which is getting fulfilled. Would you rather these people rape someone? When a couple is in love, it is the beginning of the sexual process and not two seperate things as you assume. The first time they look into each other's eyes or the first time they hold hands, the process starts then. And everything else is a natural progression. Where you draw the line, whether its at kissing or its at oral sex or at complete intercourse is to do with your own inhibitions and fear. I dont know why one part of the process should be taboo and others should be ok

Isnt that what marriage is eventually...its a compromise between 2 people on values to adopt to the other persons needs. On a "Indian" guys list' date=' virginity of the bride is high priority and the girl expects more money.Its upto to the 2 people to decide what attributes they are gonna look for. The girl could easily look for a virgin guy too just as much as the guy can look for a higher salaried girl.[/quote'] I agree with you, this is the kind of marriage we have in India which is sad in a way but practical too. Although wonder how a guy is gonna prove his virginity, dont think there are tests for it

Of course its different with prostitutes but its still a need which is getting fulfilled. Would you rather these people rape someone? When a couple is in love, it is the beginning of the sexual process and not two seperate things as you assume. The first time they look into each other's eyes or the first time they hold hands, the process starts then. And everything else is a natural progression. Where you draw the line, whether its at kissing or its at oral sex or at complete intercourse is to do with your own inhibitions and fear. I dont know why one part of the process should be taboo and others should be ok
I am not stopping anyone against going to prostitutes...I also agree that sex is a need, but you are taking both things same....going to the prostitute and guys being in love...becoz anyone will go to the prostitute to have sex, but a person wont fall in love just to have sex.....there are some other things which lead to this.....otherwise there is no difference between being in love and going to a prostitute....Love will certainly lead to the process called sex.....but not immediately and it will take time..... One main aspect of difference between sex and love is, "you can do sex with any girl you meet , but you cannot be in love with any girl you meet ." there can be many notions about love leads to sex or sex is essential part of love, but if someone gets close to a gal or a girl gets close to a boy just for sex and they call it a love than it cant be love.......

I am not stopping anyone against going to prostitutes...I also agree that sex is a need, but you are taking both things same....going to the prostitute and guys being in love...becoz anyone will go to the prostitute to have sex, but a person wont fall in love just to have sex.....there are some other things which lead to this.....otherwise there is no difference between being in love and going to a prostitute....Love will certainly lead to the process called sex.....but not immediately and it will take time..... One main aspect of difference between sex and love is, "you can do sex with any girl you meet , but you cannot be in love with any girl you meet ." there can be many notions about love leads to sex or sex is essential part of love, but if someone gets close to a gal or a girl gets close to a boy just for sex and they call it a love than it cant be love.......
The topic was about whether pre-maritial sex is ok. In both scenarios you mention, going to a prostitute or sex out of love, what makes it not ok? Yes when you fall in love you dont think only of sex just like when you fall in love you dont think of babies or how big a house you will buy after marriage. I dont see the disconnect here

good views.:hatsoff:

I am not stopping anyone against going to prostitutes...I also agree that sex is a need, but you are taking both things same....going to the prostitute and guys being in love...becoz anyone will go to the prostitute to have sex, but a person wont fall in love just to have sex.....there are some other things which lead to this.....otherwise there is no difference between being in love and going to a prostitute....Love will certainly lead to the process called sex.....but not immediately and it will take time.....
well...sexual tension builds up with time and could interfere in other aspects of life and ones efficiency if one doesnt have sex for too long. Thts why it is usually advocated to masturbate or have sex in a week or two atleast.

When a couple is in love, it is the beginning of the sexual process and not two seperate things as you assume. The first time they look into each other's eyes or the first time they hold hands, the process starts then. And everything else is a natural progression. Where you draw the line, whether its at kissing or its at oral sex or at complete intercourse is to do with your own inhibitions and fear. I dont know why one part of the process should be taboo and others should be ok
well the challenge is just to enjoy sex, satisfy your and your partner's lusts and not mistake it with love.

The topic was about whether pre-maritial sex is ok. In both scenarios you mention, going to a prostitute or sex out of love, what makes it not ok? Yes when you fall in love you dont think only of sex just like when you fall in love you dont think of babies or how big a house you will buy after marriage. I dont see the disconnect here
It was a different discussion about love and sex which I had started in the same thread...but if you talk about only if premarital sex is okay or not?..I do not have any problem with that...but it is not a necessity that only love couple will do premarital sex Though sex is an essential desire and it is a fact that 99% boys over 16 years of age now a days would like to have sex whether it is premarital or post marital if they are proposed or get the chance......they wont take it wrong.......its all about girls whether they think its right or not and those same boys will utter boollshyt about a girl they know and has done premarital sex....it is a fact in Indian society.....Though these things will change with time......but it will take a long time to happen in India.....

well...sexual tension builds up with time and could interfere in other aspects of life and ones efficiency if one doesnt have sex for too long. Thts why it is usually advocated to masturbate or have sex in a week or two atleast.
Advocated?? by who?? Honestly I didnt know it had been advocated by somebody. Any source?

well the challenge is just to enjoy sex' date=' satisfy your and your partner's lusts and not mistake it with love.[/quote'] Yaar, please dont take this personally but I dont think you know what love is. When you do one day I will like you to come back and post again and tell me the difference between love and lust. There is a reason love, sex and lust are three different words in the english langauge. You seem to be confused between teh second and the third