India vs Australia QF : Pre-match talk

I think by now Aussies know everyone is going to start with the spinner against them. We should start with two seamers' date=' one over each, don't give away too many runs and then bring spinners.[/quote'] Knowing is one thing. Doing something with is different thing. In 1992 world cup everyone knew Deepak Patel was going to open the bowling . Everyone hoped Srikkanth would tear him apart. Alas.. he found just the 1 fielder standing on the long on.
Knowing is one thing. Doing something with is different thing. In 1992 world cup everyone knew Deepak Patel was going to open the bowling . Everyone hoped Srikkanth would tear him apart. Alas.. he found just the 1 fielder standing on the long on.
That was one of the dumbest shots ever. There was only one guy on the boundary on the leg side and that dumb Cheeka found him to perfection! It wasn't as if he wanted to go somewhere else but was beaten by the spin/flight or mishit it to long-on. He was actually trying to clear the lone fielder posted on leg side!

^yes, but just for 2 overs, to confuse them.. Both Watson and Haddin don't sweep much so they can't rotate the strike against spinners. I would give 1st over to Zaheer (to see if there any help, swing) Then Munaf/SS whoever plays. Then if Zaheer got any help continue or else replace with Ashwin. Then replace Munaf with Yusuf Pathan.

Another reason I'd like Ashwin to open (or bowl the second over after Zak has bowled the first) is because I don't have much faith in our second seamer whoever it is. An early advantage could be very useful and Ashwin seems to have a cool head on his shoulders. Of course the move may misfire but it is no less likely to succeed than bowling a Nehra/Munaf/Sreesanth.

Nature of Ahmedabad pitch Folks, do we know what is the nature of Ahmedabad pitch? Is it a flat "patta" wkt? Is it a turner? Is it slow and gets slower and lower as the game goes on? Is it abrasive and provides reverse swing to bowlers? Does anyone know what are average scores like in the recent past? I hope it's not flat and doesn't help reverse swing coz Aussie bowlers will use the reverse swing to trigger another batting collapse.