India vs Australia QF : Pre-match talk

If he bowls in the first 10 overs, they will definitely go after him. But that may give us a chance to pick up a wicket. What's important is that India should be prepared for it and not fazed by Aussies. India needs to attack from ball one, take the bull by the horns and never let go.

Couple of Gambles for Team India to take in Q/F This can be huge gamble, I think we can drop Gambhir and play Raina. Sehwag wil be back. Lot of pressure will be on top 3 to give good start. Raina is better fielder and can bowl few overs. He can be useful during Happy Hours. Another gamble, bring in Sreesanth. I still remmeber is spell against Aussies in T20 world cup. 4 overs, 12 runs and 2 wicket in high scoring game. Its gamble but worth taking

I really want Sreesanth to come back but I don't think either of those will happen. Gautam Gambhir should remain our permanent number 3 from now onwards. This would be my team. Sehwag Tendulkar Gambhir Kohli Yuvraj Dhoni Raina Harbhajan Ashwin Sreesanth Zaheer Munaf's fielding is just atrocious and unfortunately there is no room for Yusuf.

I really want Sreesanth to come back but I don't think either of those will happen. Gautam Gambhir should remain our permanent number 3 from now onwards. This would be my team. Sehwag Tendulkar Gambhir Kohli Yuvraj Dhoni Raina Harbhajan Ashwin Sreesanth Zaheer Munaf's fielding is just atrocious and unfortunately there is no room for Yusuf.
Except for Ssanth I agree with everything else.
sree is just too big a gamble, rather play chawla than sree. atleast with chawla you know what to expect, with sree its like a coin toss lol
Always harder to chase. Ask any team + QF Pressure, India won't be able to chase. They will be shaking when their due in next.
No sir, its wont be hard, because its Day NIght or ball will swing, its hard because of pressure. No advantage for winning the toss here like Colombo and Mirpur. Lot of Dew in Mirpur so I think Pakistan should chase in that game.

I think it is a very good idea to bowl Ashwin upfront. We don't know what strategy Watson will adopt. If he starts cautiously (being a knock-out game), it would be good for Ashwin. If he starts with an attacking mindset, even that may be good for Ashwin because Watson may be forced into a mistake. I tend to think that Aussie and South African batsmen play medium pacers even in their dreams. Our trundlers will get shown all corners of the ground by Watson and Haddin (Zaheer probably excepted). So it could be a good ploy to make them bat differently. We could do this for 2 overs - and if it goes horribly wrong, fine. Revert to plan B. But definitely worth a try.

This can be huge gamble, I think we can drop Gambhir and play Raina. Sehwag wil be back. Lot of pressure will be on top 3 to give good start. Raina is better fielder and can bowl few overs. He can be useful during Happy Hours. Another gamble, bring in Sreesanth. I still remmeber is spell against Aussies in T20 world cup. 4 overs, 12 runs and 2 wicket in high scoring game. Its gamble but worth taking
Need Gambhir coz if we chase Gambhir is always one of our better chasers. Plus he's needed in case Aussie pacers get a couple of early wkts as Kohli and Gambhir can rebuild the innings to provide a decent foundation for middle/lower order to post a big total. Agree with Sreesanth though the downside is that he can be inconsistent - after bowling so well in S/F of T20 he went for 45 off his 4 overs in the final :((