g0rah_p1ndu's collected pics - part 2

gorah_pindu

That's sounds like a good plan GP. How long do you think it will take to do the "Diamond" tour of India? BTW are you suggesting we should be driving?
Im not sure how long it would take - I guess it depends on how long you stay in each place - it would probably not take more than a couple of weeks if you stayed for only a brief time in each place. Also, you might want to extend parts of the diamond pattern - for instance visit Kerala, with its greenery and canals, before going to Trichy and Madurai. It would be easiest to have a car - but I guess you could go via other transport along the national highways. And depending on where you live, you could start off anywhere along the route, and go in either direction. Some of the things that would be missed are Varanasi, Hyderabad, Kerala, Sanchi, the Buddha route (around Bihar), the Northeast (cool forests and hills), and Kashmir (mountains, valleys, lakes, snow, etc) - although other states like Maharastra and the Himalayan ones have good mountains too.
Great to see you here gorah!. I hope u remember me :D Stunning pics. I like the idea of the diamond trip, but i think it would be too much of driving etc. Rather fly.
Of course I remember :) And yeh true - you could fly to the bigger locations easily - but then you would miss everyhting along the way - the feel of driving through the highways with cliffs and forests and stuff - and all the small towns with forts and stuff along the way.

Of course I remember :) And yeh true - you could fly to the bigger locations easily - but then you would miss everyhting along the way - the feel of driving through the highways with cliffs and forests and stuff - and all the small towns with forts and stuff along the way.
The thing is, are u sure u want to do that? I mean.. driving across the highways with all those trucks, no traffic sense, sometimes moving at a snails pace, etc. Highways in India are not as good as what u think they are. Some are beautiful(eg, Mumbai Pune expressway, Vadodara Ahmedabad expressway. etc) but the others are just a pain to drive on. Also, add to that the loosemotions you will get eating the food, and the heat, and the boredom of sitting in one place and travelling a country like India. Looking at the greenery/mountains/etc is good, but it will get boring if you are travelling by car for more than a week.

Like I mentioned - I only collected these pictures from across the internet - didnt take them myself. I have some online friends who are quite prolific photographers tho - they take pictures of skyscrapers every few days and post them to keep people posted on progress. Here is a nice project in Pune: 2007051128632be6.jpg

India's natural and man made beauty is seriously underestimated! Great pics gp.
Here is an example of some of that man-made beauty - the PSLV: pslvc6_wm_cte.jpg24871001.jpg Go ISRO! :teeth_smile: The book 'Reach for the Stars' on the Indian space programme was a great read.