IPL 2011 - Frequently Asked Questions

goose

Ok so I'm being lazy here. Could someone help me out with the following. What are the maximum and/or minimums on the following. a) No of players in squad B) No of foreign players in squad and XI c) No of domestic players in the squad and XI d) No of games a domestic or foreign player is permitted to play. e) No of players each squad is allowed to retain from IPL3. Also... f) How much does it cost to retain a player? g) Can teams profit by buying and selling player like they do in football? h) Can additions/replacement be made to a squad once the IPL begins?

What are the maximum and/or minimums on the following. a) No of players in squad 30 b) No of foreign players in squad and XI 10 overall and max of 4 in playing XI c) No of domestic players in the squad and XI see b d) No of games a domestic or foreign player is permitted to play. no restrictions as of yet and most likely no changes either with less than 2 days to go e) No of players each squad is allowed to retain from IPL3. f) How much does it cost to retain a player? According to the auction rules for IPL 4, teams can retain up to four players, only three of whom can be Indians. The retained players - who must have been part of the franchise's registered squads for the 2010 season - will be valued at $1.8 million for the first player, $1.3 million for the second, $900,000 for the third and $500,000 for the fourth. Initial bank balance was 9M. g) Can teams profit by buying and selling player like they do in football? Not really profit...but only at the end of the season I think going by what transpired in the previous season, there is an option for trading. Mumbai/Delhi traded Dhawan/Nehra in a previous season.. very unlikely though... Unsure about this one h) Can additions/replacement be made to a squad once the IPL begins?

:two_thumbs_up: thanks ludhianvi!

What are the maximum and/or minimums on the following. a) No of players in squad 30 b) No of foreign players in squad and XI 10 overall and max of 4 in playing XI c) No of domestic players in the squad and XI see b d) No of games a domestic or foreign player is permitted to play. no restrictions as of yet and most likely no changes either with less than 2 days to go e) No of players each squad is allowed to retain from IPL3. f) How much does it cost to retain a player? According to the auction rules for IPL 4, teams can retain up to four players, only three of whom can be Indians. The retained players - who must have been ?art of the franchise's registered squads for the 2010 season - will be valued at $1.8 million for the first player, $1.3 million for the second, $900,000 for the third and $500,000 for the fourth. These 'values' assigned to each player simply represent the salary the team pays to the player for that season i.e. there are no additional transfer fees as in football? So the vast majority of each squad from last year is up for auction. How on earth are you supposed to build a fan base when over half your XI potentially changes each season. That's silly. Initial bank balance was 9M. Each team has a maximum 9M to assemble its squad? g) Can teams profit by buying and selling player like they do in football? Not really profit...but only at the end of the season I think going by what transpired in the previous season, there is an option for trading. Mumbai/Delhi traded Dhawan/Nehra in a previous season.. very unlikely though... Unsure about this one I don't see any incentive for a franchise to nurture a player and make a financial return. h) Can additions/replacement be made to a squad once the IPL begins? Yes, injured players can be replaced...just recently Southee signed up with CSK This is outside of the auction. So not all squad members are picked up by auction? i) Catchment Rule for domestic players The IPL has changed the catchment areas for the existing franchises because of the addition of two new teams from the 2011 season. Teams have to include four players from their catchment area in the squad of 30. * Mumbai Indians: Mumbai, Baroda * Royal Challengers Bangalore: Karnataka, Goa * Deccan Chargers: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, Orissa * Chennai Super Kings: Tamil Nadu, Railways * Delhi Daredevils: Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal * Kings XI Punjab: Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir * Kolkata Knight Riders: West Bengal, Jharkhand, Assam, Tripura, Sikkim, Manipur * Rajasthan Royals: Rajasthan, Gujarat, Saurashtra * Pune Warriors: Maharashtra, Vidarbha * Kochi: Kerala, Services, Madhya Pradesh j) Uncapped players salary? It has also clearly categorised these uncapped players into three types and set wage limits for each. Those players who made their debut in the last two years will be paid Rs 10 lakhs ($22,000); those in the field for two to five years would get Rs 20 lakhs and those with more than five years' experience Rs 30 lakhs. debut in what? Manish Pandey suspended for four games in violation of this silly rule. k) How much did the players go for? http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/story/495897.html Gambhir tops the list followed by Y Pathan/Uthappa j) Most intelligent comment during the auction Priety Zinta when having spent only about 7M and still 2M left, she says "Oh, with the money left we can buy the best of the uncapped domestic players. Obviously, she missed the max salary of ~20-50,000 USD for domestic players :mad:

Each team has a maximum 9M to assemble its squad?
Yep, apart from Rajasthan Royals who had about 7M (since they were suspended and they had to pay some amount of money in advance for insurance or something and must've decreased the amount by using up less money in the auction)
debut in what?
I would think Indian first class cricket
This is outside of the auction. So not all squad members are picked up by auction?
This is for finding replacements for injured players... Auction was done a while back

I don't get it...what is the salary cap? So these numbers are just notional value constraints i.e once you've satisfied these rules you can actually pay him what you want ?
Salary cap is the max you can spend on players in auction to get them. For the retained players, the fixed amount is taken off the Salary cap. Essentially, it can be circumvented in case of retained players.

Salary cap is the max you can spend on players in auction to get them. For the retained players' date=' the fixed amount is taken off the Salary cap. Essentially, it can be circumvented in case of retained players.[/quote'] ok i see thanks.